The ASSociation

Rusty Hilock

Advanced
May 21, 2018
The Association will NEVER WORK PROPERLY.

To use a very famous Statement in the form of a PARAPHRASE:

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other."

This is a factual truth whether one chooses to believe it or not.

Read the very first page of your contract and you will find that agreement found within the pages is an agreement between American Airlines and the Transport Workers Union. I did not find my name or your name anywhere on the front page 1.
The TWU and the IAM are there to represent THEIR best interest FIRST and then us if any crumbs are left over.

Last edited:
The Association will NEVER WORK PROPERLY.

To use a very famous Statement in the form of a PARAPHRASE:

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other."

This is a factual truth whether one chooses to believe it or not.

Read the very first page of your contract and you will find that agreement found within the pages is an agreement between American Airlines and the Transport Workers Union. I did not find my or your name anywhere on the front page 1.
The TWU and the IAM are there to represent THEIR best interest first and then us if any crumbs are left over.

Yes that is exactly the it is.
What bothered me from the beginning was that historically the larger of the two unions takes the representation over.
This probably a first at least in the Aviation Industry.Many things have been said about how the Association was formed, but I am quite sure
the AFL-CIO lobbied this through the authorites.
My favorite "Passage" from the TWU Mechanic's Contract book is Article 28 para b.

(b) The Union recognizes that the Company will have sole jurisdiction of the management and operation of its business, the direction of its working force, the right to maintain discipline and efficiency in its hangars, stations, shops, or other places of employment, and the right of the Company to hire, discipline, and discharge employees for just cause, subject to the provisions of this Agreement. It is agreed that the rights enumerated in this Article will not be deemed to exclude other preexisting rights of management not enumerated which do not conflict with other provisions of this Agreement.

The ASS is a complete joke and the company is totally disrespecting it! Just remember the pathetic years or NOGOtiations during record profits of billions of dollars, the 24% uncontractual raise they took, the promised vote on the ASSociation, the gain share's millions of $$ left on the table and the equity cluster f#*k to name a few. April will be here soon and it will be time to CLEAN THE SWAMP! Never forget what we have been through.

If the IAM would have simply honored the process and stepped aside none of this would be an issue.

Instead you have a worthless union sticking around just so a few unelected leaders can stick around a slurp six figure salaries.

But then again, after TWA the IAM retained TWA people at the Grand Lodge and DL142 so why not do the same here?

Josh

Every time I hear someone comlaining, the ASSociation is part of the conversation.
I have even heard it said that the Blankity, Blankity Blank ASSociation is stalling, let
us vote now so we can pass the latest company offer. The membership knows what
happens when another Financial Wall is put in front of them by the union borrowing
money from the membership and how difficult it has been to return it to the membership.

If the objective of the Association was just to prop up the IAMNPF why didn’t they cut a deal with the TWU to keep LUS in the plan? Aren’t there IBT members in the IAMNPF? It seems to me if they’re willing to let LAA TWU into the plan why not let LUS IAM stay?

The CWA/IBT at USAIR in 2005 let the members decide why can’t the IAM/TWU do the same?

APA didn’t form an association with USAPA, USAPA stepped aside and was dissolved.

APFA didn’t form an association with AFA-CWA why should this be any different?

Josh

If the objective of the Association was just to prop up the IAMNPF why didn’t they cut a deal with the TWU to keep LUS in the plan? Aren’t there IBT members in the IAMNPF? It seems to me if they’re willing to let LAA TWU into the plan why not let LUS IAM stay?

The CWA/IBT at USAIR in 2005 let the members decide why can’t the IAM/TWU do the same?

APA didn’t form an association with USAPA, USAPA stepped aside and was dissolved.

APFA didn’t form an association with AFA-CWA why should this be any different?

Josh

The Majority of TWU members DO NOT want the IAMNPF at any cost. Horrible plan if it ever winds up in PBGC receivership.

Weez is only posting in support of the a$$ and IAMNPF so he can get an appointed cushy job and not have to work on the ramp. If that happens MIA would have big shoes to fill.

Josh

I dont see the IAM pension fund sticking around in the next contract. There are more TWU members and they will out vote the IAM members. I also dont see any improvements for the IAM members in this current proposal.

I dont see the IAM pension fund sticking around in the next contract. There are more TWU members and they will out vote the IAM members. I also dont see any improvements for the IAM members in this current proposal.

So it’s your intention to vote to take something away that has nothing to do with you anyway because you’re the big bully on the block?

Having more TWU Members BTW don’t mean chit if the IAM won’t roll anything out for you to vote on cause all it does is phuck them.

Think Kid.

So it’s your intention to vote to take something away that has nothing to do with you anyway because you’re the big bully on the block?

Having more TWU Members BTW don’t mean chit if the IAM won’t roll anything out for you to vote on cause all it does is phuck them.

Think Kid.
I am in the IAM and just know that the TWU members could care less about our pension fund.

I am in the IAM and just know that the TWU members could care less about our pension fund.

You’re right that it is difficult for people to care about something when they don’t particularly have it themselves. But if it’s something that is important to any of your Members then it’s something we should all fight to keep.

Just as much as I want you to fight for us TWU Members to keep
Deicing
Lavs and particularly our much better and more restrictive Part Time language over the 1 small paragraph you have in your contract.

And BTW enjoy your Holiday pay today. I don’t fault you, begrudge you or envy you for having it.

It’s the Company that’s keeping it from me, not you.