Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never

• Burn, Baby Burn!!!

• Total voters

Stratocruiser

May 11, 2004
Given United's "performance" in the first quarter out of Chapter 11, I can't help but wonder if it will be on a round-trip ticket. Specifically
  • $171M operational loss
  • CASM up 11.1% vs. RASM up only 9.9%
  • Complete lack of RASM or cost guidance for the rest of 2006 from Tilton & Co. in the first quarter conference call
I don't believe the ship has been anywhere near righted, and that more trouble is on the horizon. I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks.

Until United gets itself a new and innovative management team to run the airline, I don't see them ever truly turning themselves around. Maybe in the old pre-9/11 days, but not now. The current competitive environment is as cut-throat as it has ever been and it demands a management team that will think outside the box in all areas and encourage that same mode of thinking amongst its employees. Untl that happens, they'll continue to spin their wheels.

Considering that NW is about to join the history books of failed airlines, perhaps you should work on saving that ship.

And that would also include.................

UAL

USair

CO

DAL

Braniff

Pan Am

Eastern

and a host of others.

When you enter BK, you are saying you have failed. Some make it back from the dead, some don't

Given United's "performance" in the first quarter out of Chapter 11, I can't help but wonder if it will be on a round-trip ticket. Specifically
  • $171M operational loss
  • Complete lack of RASM or cost guidance for the rest of 2006 from Tilton & Co. in the first quarter conference call
I don't believe the ship has been anywhere near righted, and that more trouble is on the horizon. I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks.

Is this poll about UAL or NWA? I am confused?
Strato,

Don't you have some scabs you need to go embrace? Your numbers are not reflective of the actuality. But keep your hopes up. You NWA people thought we were done long ago and you could never go BK yourself. But low and behold you wound up right in the briar patch. By the way whatever happened to a couple of those big mouths over on the NWA board that predicted UAL demise and NWA soaring to new heights? Yep, they are shutdown just like you will be soon enough.

Is this poll about UAL or NWA? I am confused?
Strato,

Don't you have some scabs you need to go embrace? Your numbers are not reflective of the actuality. But keep your hopes up. You NWA people thought we were done long ago and you could never go BK yourself. But low and behold you wound up right in the briar patch. By the way whatever happened to a couple of those big mouths over on the NWA board that predicted UAL demise and NWA soaring to new heights? Yep, they are shutdown just like you will be soon enough.

Magsau:

First, your assumption that I am an “NWA person†is dead wrong. I do not work for Northwest, an airline, or even in a related industry.

Second, I’m just echoing what any number of analysts are asking; after one of the longest and costliest bankruptcies in history, in which hundreds of thousands of employees, retirees, creditors, and vendors got totally shafted, a $171 million loss is the best United can do?

Third, I’m not sure what planet you’re from or on, but the statistics I quoted came from either United’s earnings release or subsequent conference call. If that’s not what’s actually happening, someone at UAL has an upcoming appointment with the SEC.

• $171M operational loss

Just make sure you are here to discuss after the 2nd quarter numbers come out...No drive by flame baiting allowed!!

JBG

Is that the quarter where the screwing of the creditors and shareholders is factored into the profit equation?

Do you have any clue that the employees were one of the largest shareholders and creditors that you speak of?

You come on here and try to flamebait people who lost their pensions? Keyboard bravado at it's finest.

You have real class....

JBG

Do you have any clue that the employees were one of the largest shareholders and creditors that you speak of?

You come on here and try to flamebait people who lost their pensions? Keyboard bravado at it's finest.

You have real class....

JBG
Nope...not flamebaiting at all...just a response based on things I've read where UAL would show a "profit" when they factor in the "adjustments" from bankruptcy.

Nope...not flamebaiting at all...just a response based on things I've read where UAL would show a "profit" when they factor in the "adjustments" from bankruptcy.

Already took place with the 1Q numbers.

from the filing...

"The Company recorded a net reorganization gain of $22.9 billion in the combined first quarter of 2006, which was driven by the discharge of over $24.6 billion of claims and liabilities that had been recognized during the three-year restructuring process which began in late 2002."

Quite the official poll. LMAOOOO (bet these 40 voters will make a serious difference) All the No Bk's will be UAL people and everyone else will be the non-UAL people. Chalk this on up to BS.

you can read? impressive! before you deal with mathematics, you should consider rudimentary logic...
ua, thank God, will be around for the long haul!!!
why don't you sink your four teeth into the swa board? that is where you belong!!! now boarding zone a...

you can read? impressive! before you deal with mathematics, you should consider rudimentary logic...
ua, thank God, will be around for the long haul!!!
why don't you sink your four teeth into the swa board? that is where you belong!!! now boarding zone a...
We'll see, won't we. Guess as long as I'm boarding SWA, it's money UAL won't see, ain't it?