The crooked teamsters are still crooked as heel.

They just can't help themselves. The reamsters are still using old school tactics to steal from people. It's time to move on people, every single year someone from the teamsters are getting busted, it's time to completely clean house and start all over.

U.S. Chicago Sun-Times
SNEED: New Teamsters union chief Becky Strzechowski gets the boot

What's going on swamt? Are you seeing some IBT cards strewn about?

What does this have to do with SWA?

What's going on swamt? Are you seeing some IBT cards strewn about?

What does this have to do with SWA?
Well the Sim techs are Teamsters at SWA have a contract, the stores are Teamsters had a T/ A voted it down, but they will get a deal done, maybe he secretly wants the Teamsters back! :)

Looks like the IBT is trying to get their finances shored up on their underfunded union pensions. They will do anything to keep the $$$$$ flowing in the union funds. All they need is more members or more ways to extort current members. I seriously doubt anyone is looking to bring them back on the property at SWA.

Looks like the IBT is trying to get their finances shored up on their underfunded union pensions. They will do anything to keep the $$$$$ flowing in the union funds. All they need is more members or more ways to extort current members. I seriously doubt anyone is looking to bring them back on the property at SWA.
Probably not, lot of mistrust, care to guess how long to get a T/ A I am thinking next year, depends on the B737 Max, so what do you do with all the structure guys in Dallas, with no 737 classics, I mean you only have so many ramp accidents, and lightning strike inspections, are all the horizontal lower skin replacements done on the -700s ?

Yes. The ibt took a huge hit when UPS made the move to pull their employees out of the ibt pensions, it cost the company millions if not billions to make the move but they sure saw the writing on the wall with the pensions.
Why did you make that last statement 1AA? No one is looking at bringing the reamsters back. They have tried twice since we fired them but were very quickly thrown off the property and off of peoples properties. Even the TWU tried to do a card drive here when AMFA was doing their grass roots attempt at AA for the mechanics and related, just because AMFA had a drive going rather strong at AA, so they decided to try one here and also was shown the door after only 3 days of an attempt. There is only one group left at SWA (that I know of) that the ibt represents and that is our stores folks and they are even getting completely fed up with them and in fact I have heard they were doing a card drive to have them removed like we did, just not sure how that is going with their group.