The DOL files suit against the IAMPF and trustees

Buck said:
I didn't say anything about your right to post here, I just indicated that it might be a waste of your time, since you appear to be retired and enjoying IAMPF.

There are a lot of people that have more than one source of income in retirement. 

Since I am a member of the TWU and working for American Airlines I at least have more right than you.

Unless you are employed by one of the airlines or unions......
How many times do I have to post I'm not in the IAMNPF, my pension is with the PBGC, and I'm not old enough to collect it?

You have more right to post?

GMAFB.

Your right will be to vote.

700UW said:
How many times do I have to post I'm not in the IAMNPF, my pension is with the PBGC, and I'm not old enough to collect it?
GMAFB.

Getting to vote and maybe turning it down for this issue to have to start from scratch and waste more time is not what these people (or I) want.

We want at best an "individual" choice. Mr So and so do you want to be in the IAMPF or have a 401k match from American now that you have passed this TA?

That one time "choice" option and you're all in I'm sure will be fine with all of us who are concerned.

WeAAsles said:
If it was so easy to just tear up a contract (Agreement) don't you think AA would have teared up as many as they wanted to and not had to go through Bankruptcy court and ultimately lose control of the company to Doug Parker?

Also don't you think that when the agreement was signed both Unions ran it past legal to make sure it was airtight even if a new leader for one group may not have liked what his predecessor had done?

TWU and IAM are just acronyms on a glass door. Little, Buffenbarger, and Trumka are names.

dave no more posting while working an fmc! you know those examples are apples to lemon rinds.  you remember what happened back in 2003?  how long did it take, 3 weeks?  so to answer your question, YES, contracts can be amended, revoked, reconciled etc as long as the parties to the contract agree to it.  so my question is if the ass is so concerned about the interests and will of its membership why hasn't it done the right thing and allow the members to make their elections?  why would a group want to represent members who hate them?  its simple stuff man.  you seem like a fairly sharp guy.  how'd you feel paying an attorney year after year, who does a $hitty job, and not being able to fire him?  and yes i certainly agree that iam and twu are just names on the door.  its who's behind those doors that is killing us just sayin

Reactions: 4 people
WeAAsles said:
I like everything you wrote as a possibility except for the last line. Let's put a Jim Little history into it.
It was Jim Little who agreed to the Association and decided not to have a vote to determine if it would be something we wanted. His Administration yes but he was the ultimate decider being the Intl President and the head of the Political apparatus.
I don't believe if Harry Lombardo had been the President the story would have went the same way? Here's why. When Harry and Co basically staged a coup against Jim and his chosen successor when he won they cleaned house. Lots of people were told to leave including people who you guys expressly hated that you shared that hatred on here.
When the IAM told our Presidents they wanted them for a sit down they chose not to go because there were some issues with what the Jim group wrote that they wanted addressed. The attempted end run around Harry was a very bad move on the IAM part. But anyway here we are today. Personally I believe Harry would have had us vote on the Association before it was filed with the NMB. The guys in office now are allowing a lot more autonomy then maybe you guys on here have figured out yet.
When Harry got in all efforts against your AMFA drives stopped from the International or ATD level. I didn't see one communication trying to prevent you from your choice. If there was then prove it to me? It was left up to you to decide. Harry gave you free reign to get it done if you really wanted it.
So what I'm saying is that the guys in office today want us to have as much choice as we can possibly get. But the agreements prior were signed and done. Legally whether they wanted to or not, there was no way out of them.
Maybe it's you guys who aren't giving them a chance now?

Wrong Again Grasshopper!
From local 514's web sight.
Under Latest News / TWU/IAM Association Q&A
Question #5

Will I have the opportunity to vote on whether or not I'am represented by the Association?

Answer- Yes, following the completion of the AA/USAir merger the association will file representation applications with the NMB which will cultimate in the three separate
elections one for each of the M&R, Fleet Service & Stores classifications. You will vote
in the election of your work group with the other airline.

So did I miss the vote or did it not happen, read it for yourself in the 514 web sight

Reactions: 2 people
lax said:
dave no more posting while working an fmc! you know those examples are apples to lemon rinds.  you remember what happened back in 2003?  how long did it take, 3 weeks?  so to answer your question, YES, contracts can be amended, revoked, reconciled etc as long as the parties to the contract agree to it.  so my question is if the ass is so concerned about the interests and will of its membership why hasn't it done the right thing and allow the members to make their elections?  why would a group want to represent members who hate them?  its simple stuff man.  you seem like a fairly sharp guy.  how'd you feel paying an attorney year after year, who does a $hitty job, and not being able to fire him?  and yes i certainly agree that iam and twu are just names on the door.  its who's behind those doors that is killing us just sayin
So who said that they wanted us to have a vote? Which Union do you think would say no if it was brought up?

The illusion of choice in life is just that many times.

They did not want us to vote because they didn't trust that we would "chose" what "they" wanted.

chilokie1 said:
Wrong Again Grasshopper!
From local 514's web sight.
Under Latest News / TWU/IAM Association Q&A
Question #5
Will I have the opportunity to vote on whether or not I'am represented by the Association?
Answer- Yes, following the completion of the AA/USAir merger the association will file representation applications with the NMB which will cultimate in the three separate
elections one for each of the M&R, Fleet Service & Stores classifications. You will vote
in the election of your work group with the other airline.
So did I miss the vote or did it not happen, read it for yourself in the 514 web sight
And I said multiple times on here that I knew we would not vote. I don't own a crystal ball you know.

But I do think "some" people who wrote that really believed the NMB was going to rule that we had to vote for the Association.

I wish they had trusted us BEFORE they had filed with the NMB. They didn't.......

Did you ever read the petition that the association (IAM Lawyers) wrote to the NMB? Also read the NMB ruling again.

Real Tired,
I'm not an actuary. I need to do some research on this form but if I read everything for line 2 right the liability is ~$18B and the funds current assets are $10B. Line 2c says the pension is 56.78% funded. Did I read that right? That's not 101% 700UW references unless you only include retired and terminated vested participants. But that would mean you are not counting your future obligations to vested and active participants. I'm not retired so right now this document tells me that only the people getting benefits currently are safe. The rest have a 56% guarantee that you will get money.

Uh, that doesn't sound good. I think I'd rather take my chance with a better defined contribution and match for my 401k.

Reactions: 4 people
Overspeed said:
Real Tired,
I'm not an actuary. I need to do some research on this form but if I read everything for line 2 right the liability is ~$18B and the funds current assets are $10B. Line 2c says the pension is 56.78% funded. Did I read that right? That's not 101% 700UW references unless you only include retired and terminated vested participants. But that would mean you are not counting your future obligations to vested and active participants. I'm not retired so right now this document tells me that only the people getting benefits currently are safe. The rest have a 56% guarantee that you will get money.

Uh, that doesn't sound good. I think I'd rather take my chance with a better defined contribution and match for my 401k.
I'd like to have this one explained to me as well?

WeAAsles said:
And I said multiple times on here that I knew we would not vote. I don't own a crystal ball you know.
But I do think "some" people who wrote that really believed the NMB was going to rule that we had to vote for the Association.
I wish they had trusted us BEFORE they had filed with the NMB. They didn't.......
Did you ever read the petition that the association (IAM Lawyers) wrote to the NMB? Also read the NMB ruling again.

Even If the association was what both memberships wanted it would be a slow process
to blend both contracts & maintainig the ratio's etc,etc.
But the truth is nobody in Tul wants it, I'am guessing that is pretty much the truth throughout
the LAA system.
I posted the question because that is what the membership was told! What the IAM lawyers
said in court documents has zero affect to the root problem, we were backdoored by Little, we were lied to by our local and we do not trust the association structure to do what is best for
the LAA membership.
Regaurdless if we are right or wrong about what a lot of us beleive is the actual reason for
the association, by keeping this subject upfront and keep hammering home that we will
not accept the IAMPF the less chance it will happen. If in the end we were wrong? So
be it! A little egg on the face is better then the IAMPF driven up @/€ ¥#~ *¥¥#
Good ole Stretch Cunningham could not have said it better!!

Reactions: 2 people
chilokie1 said:
Even If the association was what both memberships wanted it would be a slow process
to blend both contracts & maintainig the ratio's etc,etc.
But the truth is nobody in Tul wants it, I'am guessing that is pretty much the truth throughout
the LAA system.
I posted the question because that is what the membership was told! What the IAM lawyers
said in court documents has zero affect to the root problem, we were backdoored by Little, we were lied to by our local and we do not trust the association structure to do what is best for
the LAA membership.
Regaurdless if we are right or wrong about what a lot of us beleive is the actual reason for
the association, by keeping this subject upfront and keep hammering home that we will
not accept the IAMPF the less chance it will happen. If in the end we were wrong? So
be it! A little egg on the face is better then the IAMPF driven up @/€ ¥#~ *¥¥#
Good ole Stretch Cunningham could not have said it better!!
As I remember Stretch Cunnigham was a sharp cookie. My best friend is Jim Ignatowski actually. Not very bright but he's got a good heart.

700UW said:

GMAFB.

Don't let your feelings get hurt. 

Just go ahead and admit you are an active agent for the IAM and possibly compensated from the very IAMPF you defend,

what in the form of gratuities ?

Reactions: 5 people
I forgot one more, the IAMPF scam is fully funded at 105%, no 107%, wait it's 110%. Just trust the Iam Industrial Union, we got your back brother. Until your retirement gets whacked down to 45% of what was "guaranteed".

We in the IAMPF scam "investment" dream team are very sorry....suckers.

Reactions: 8 people
700UW said:

GMAFB.

I think you're receiving the vitriol here because your defense of IAM and the IAMNPF is exactly mirroring World Traveler and Delta.

Reactions: 3 people
FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:

I think you're receiving the vitriol here because your defense of IAM and the IAMNPF is exactly mirroring World Traveler and Delta.
pretty good analogy imo

as someone in it , I can tell you as it stands today I am pretty damn concerned about what I'm going to get in 10 years compared to what I was told I should get, very concerned. leadership seems to need replacing

Buffenbarger resigned? Can anyone confirm this and is it related to this topic? I heard from mechanics in the LUS side they got a letter from Buffy last week announcing his resignation.
Steve Goeyvaerts
SFO A/C Maintenance