The DOL files suit against the IAMPF and trustees

Then again they are quoting, using the actutarial value. Of course 700 will not apply his vast knowledge to help this membership defining these IAMPF terms.

Reactions: 1 person
bob@las-AA said:
If you google

actuarial value pension fund

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=actuarial%20value%20pension%20fund

You get over 300k on the subject, don't wait for 700 to spin it's meaning. 
Yes, the intent was just to get him to answer. It is, as you say rather simple to Google these terms. that is exactly what I did. But Mr. SmartA... could not figure that one out.

You exactly right, he would just spin it because his beloved IAMPF is in trouble nationwide and he for some reason doesn't mind screwing over his former IAM brothers and the TWU members he has nothing do with. He would rather destroy union members in the TWU just to save most likely his own hide and that once were his brothers. He probably hasn't worked in the airline industry for as many years as he worked for the IAM.  

Reactions: 4 people
How many times does it have to be explained to you?

And how many times do I have to tell you I am not in the IAMNPF?

If you were honest in this discussion you would have answered on the differences between Actuarial and Fair Market Values and all you had to do was to Google it.

But you are smarter than the entire internet or your ego won't allow you to use it.

Promote it or Defend it you do one or the other.

Answer this one: How can a 55 year old who is not in the IAMPF expect to gain any value before he retires?

Reactions: 2 people
Just like it says, if you don't put in, it won't work! But if you do, and get a decent match it WORKS. and it won't have the iampf thiefs stealing it!!

I think that's true of everything in life.  Be responsible and you are more likely to succeed.  Many people growing up did not have good role models, saving took a backseat and people didn't give much thought to their future.

I keep hearing from the membership in TUL that they want nothing to do with
the IAMPF, but they are OK with it as an option or for the new hires. 
By making that statement you are no different then 700 if you know facts like
most of us do about the ticking time bomb (The IAMPF).
How can anyone with a clear conscience allow a fellow member to be sold a bill
of goods while being ok with it because it does not affect me.
Remember this fellow TWU members, we did not ask for the association & we
did not get to vote on the association, so why accept in any way the reason for
its existence?
If you have any doubts about that last statement  hear this, local 514 President Dale
Danker told me and the rest of my shop that at the first meeting with his IAM counterparts
(he even gave the date July 6th)  the very first discussion was an IAMPF sales pitch 
given by the IAM leadership. 

Reactions: Vortilon