The First 100 Days

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
While the left becomes more unhinged and giddy at questionable, overly biased MSM reporting, the right keeps a steady course.

Full speed ahead......

Today, almost 100 days after President Donald J. Trump’s inauguration, many Americans still remain suspended at the stroke of midnight, Nov. 8, 2016. On that day, those who voted for him were giddy and optimistic, and those who never saw it coming felt disbelief and repulsion, refusing to concede that he won. And now? “Nothing has changed,” said Rob Hughes, a registered Democrat and retired businessman from Bulger, Pa., who I met on my cross-country trip, told me last week. “Well, that’s probably not entirely true. I think I like him more now that he is the president.”

Trump’s supporters are unfazed that a new health-care law is not in place (yet), thrilled with the appointment of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court, weary of the constant accusations of his ties to Russia, supportive of his strike against Syria for using chemical weapons against its people and dismayed that House Republicans and Democrats are unwilling to compromise. To them, the president remains disruptive, unconventional, defiant and willing to change his mind — appealing attributes to his supporters, but not so to the press.

Many people I spoke to were still undecided right up until Election Day. Michelle Barnett, who was outside her home in Timnath, Co., tending to her decorative gourds last fall when we first met, was one of them.
Although her husband, David, with whom she co-owns a small outdoor-equipment and parts store in Fort Collins, was all in for Trump, Michelle was not. But when it came down to it, “At the very last minute, I pulled the trigger for Trump,” Barnett said. “I just could not abide voting for those corrupt Clintons.”

So far, she hasn’t regretted her decision. “Up until the strike in Syria earlier this month, I was fine with how the president has been. Now I will keep an eye on him. As long as that was not a sign of more interference in that country, I am fine with that. But if he does start to make this into the next Iraq, I will be unhappy with him,” she said.
And her husband, David? “Oh, he just loves him. Loves him. Loves everything he does,” she said.

Last year, after the second presidential debate, she was the only person in a room filled with mostly Democrats in suburban Omaha who paced the floor with anxiety, worried that perhaps Trump did better than Clinton — “At least in the eyes of the voters that count,” she said.
She was right.

And she still does not like him.
“I was very concerned before the election but am completely and totally shocked at what a train wreck he has been from every single angle,” she said.

How Trump voters feel about his first 100 days | New York Post

Huger :

Trump’s first months in office have produced some tangible successes. Beyond the continued enthusiasm of his most loyal supporters, a small majority of Americans see him as a strong leader. A bigger majority approves of his efforts to pressure U.S. companies to keep jobs in this country. Those who say the economy is getting better outnumber those who say it’s getting worse by the biggest margin in 15 years in Post-ABC polling.

There are no signs of major slippage in support among those who voted for Trump. His approval rating among those who cast ballots for him stands at 94 percent. Among Republicans, it is 84 percent. Asked of those who voted for him whether they regret doing so, 2 percent say they do, while 96 percent say supporting Trump was the right thing to do.When asked if they would vote for him again, 96 percent say they would, which is higher than the 85 percent of Hillary Clinton voters who say they would support her again.

Similarly, judgments on whether campaign promises have been kept put Trump on about equal footing with Bill Clinton — 44 percent and 42 percent respectively. Also, Trump’s 53 percent positive rating on strong leadership is almost identical to that of George W. Bush’s at this point in his presidency, but much lower than Obama’s 77 percent rating.

One of Trump’s biggest deficiencies compared with other presidents is whether he is honest and trustworthy. Fewer than 4 in 10 (38 percent) say he is. At this point in their presidencies, 74 percent said Obama was honest, 62 percent said George W. Bush was honest and a CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll showed 61 percent said Clinton was honest.

The new survey finds 46 percent saying they voted for Clinton and 43 percent for Trump, similar to her two-point national vote margin. Asked how they would vote if the election were held today, 43 say they would support Trump and 40 percent say Clinton.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-1202am:homepage/story&utm_term=.4d40b6f10e85
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-1202am:homepage/story&utm_term=.4d40b6f10e85

Huger :

Trump’s first months in office have produced some tangible successes. Beyond the continued enthusiasm of his most loyal supporters, a small majority of Americans see him as a strong leader. A bigger majority approves of his efforts to pressure U.S. companies to keep jobs in this country. Those who say the economy is getting better outnumber those who say it’s getting worse by the biggest margin in 15 years in Post-ABC polling.

There are no signs of major slippage in support among those who voted for Trump. His approval rating among those who cast ballots for him stands at 94 percent. Among Republicans, it is 84 percent. Asked of those who voted for him whether they regret doing so, 2 percent say they do, while 96 percent say supporting Trump was the right thing to do.When asked if they would vote for him again, 96 percent say they would, which is higher than the 85 percent of Hillary Clinton voters who say they would support her again.

Similarly, judgments on whether campaign promises have been kept put Trump on about equal footing with Bill Clinton — 44 percent and 42 percent respectively. Also, Trump’s 53 percent positive rating on strong leadership is almost identical to that of George W. Bush’s at this point in his presidency, but much lower than Obama’s 77 percent rating.

One of Trump’s biggest deficiencies compared with other presidents is whether he is honest and trustworthy. Fewer than 4 in 10 (38 percent) say he is. At this point in their presidencies, 74 percent said Obama was honest, 62 percent said George W. Bush was honest and a CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll showed 61 percent said Clinton was honest.

The new survey finds 46 percent saying they voted for Clinton and 43 percent for Trump, similar to her two-point national vote margin. Asked how they would vote if the election were held today, 43 say they would support Trump and 40 percent say Clinton.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/nearing-100-days-trumps-approval-at-record-lows-but-his-base-is-holding/2017/04/22/a513a466-26b4-11e7-b503-9d616bd5a305_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_poll-1202am:homepage/story&utm_term=.4d40b6f10e85

And almost all of those who voted for President Trump say they don’t regret the decision.
Poll: 96% of those who voted for @POTUS say it was the right thing to do.

33o00uq.jpg

I find it funny as hell about the short memory that the supporters of the dear leader have. Obama abused executive orders, yet 99% of the dear leaders accomplishments were because of executive orders. MOst of his "accomplishments" have been to roll back previous executive orders. I guess it escapes them that if the dear leader can roll back Obama's orders, his successor can just as easily roll back his. But he hasn't really worked with Congress in the first 100 days. I suppose that it's okay if we go to a dicktatorship now.

I find it funny as hell about the short memory that the supporters of the dear leader have. Obama abused executive orders, yet 99% of the dear leaders accomplishments were because of executive orders. MOst of his "accomplishments" have been to roll back previous executive orders. I guess it escapes them that if the dear leader can roll back Obama's orders, his successor can just as easily roll back his. But he hasn't really worked with Congress in the first 100 days. I suppose that it's okay if we go to a dicktatorship now.

Roll back executive orders and replace with legislation.
Most are unconstitutional regulations.....or is that ok with you?

Roll back executive orders and replace with legislation.
Most are unconstitutional regulations.....or is that ok with you?
It will be fun to watch. That means the dear leader will have to work with Congress. So far he's worked with Congress to give West Virginia coal miners more polluted water and he's....no wait, congress never gave him the Obamacare thing that was supposed to be "really great"...and he appears to have taken his ball on gone home on healthcare. One of his executive orders was also unconstitutional....the partial rollback of legislation (not executive orders) called the Affordable Care Act. So far all he's done is roll back Obama's executive orders and proudly holds up the signed document....kind of like a kid being potty trained proudly points to the potty and says 'look....I made poop".

It will be fun to watch. That means the dear leader will have to work with Congress. So far he's worked with Congress to give West Virginia coal miners more polluted water and he's....no wait, congress never gave him the Obamacare thing that was supposed to be "really great"...and he appears to have taken his ball on gone home on healthcare. One of his executive orders was also unconstitutional....the partial rollback of legislation (not executive orders) called the Affordable Care Act. So far all he's done is roll back Obama's executive orders and proudly holds up the signed document....kind of like a kid being potty trained proudly points to the potty and says 'look....I made poop".

Find some one to hug you?

You can start with your fellow loser above.

He's not taking this well at all.

Every time he writes "dear leader" I picture his veins popping and feet stamping along with tears. I was wrong, it's FUN watching them lose their minds over Trump's Presidency and the democrats being thoroughly removed from power.
The_Best_of_Rain_Man.gif

Last edited:
Every time he writes "dear leader" I picture his veins popping and feet stamping along with tears. I was wrong, it's FUN watching them lose their minds over Trump's Presidency and the democrats being thoroughly removed from power.
The_Best_of_Rain_Man.gif
You'd be wrong. I call him dear leader because his supporters remind me of North Koreans and their admiration for their infallible dear leader. If most of them were in an elevator and the dear leader farted, they would all be looking for the bouquet of roses. FWIW I'm a registered republican.

Your joy reminds me of this