The Insanity that's United

Sbiyer

Jan 4, 2017
IMG_0443.PNG

Do you think they were doing that just for grins? Would it have been more insane if the last message was 'cancelled'? I dunno....if an airline or pilot or mechanic says that the plane is not safe to fly, or the weather is not safe to operate, I guess I'd just bite the bullet and trust them.

Last edited:
KCFyer, I could not agree more. When I am delayed due to a mechanical, and my passengers start complaining about the fact that we created this delay just to ruin their lives, I respond with "Look, if we are going to taxi from DFW to LAX, I don't care. BUT, if this thing is going to leave the ground, I want all the parts working. And, I don't care if its 10 feet or 10,000 feet, if my pilot or a mechanic says, it needs work, I want that work done." :)

This person should be more worried that they only have 67% battery left on their phone.:eek:

FlightAware says this flight arrived only 5 hrs 47min late. Whats the big deal? They got to spend more time in HNL. Sheesh........

Last edited:
It's not like there are a bunch of spare airplanes sitting around Hawaii.

It's not like there are a bunch of spare airplanes sitting around Hawaii.
Perhaps airilines need to hire suicidal pilots and when a mechanical delays a flight, they should just crew the plane with people who have nothing to live for and tell them "Let's go" and send it on their way. Of course....not before signing a waiver that they were tired of waiting and would not sue the airline if the plane went down in shark infested waters en route.

Latest posts