The Jesus Gun

The inscription on the paper currency was added during the 50's to prove tot he Russians that we were not godless heathens like they were. Paranoia McCarthy won out over logic. Seems to a recurring theme in our country.

Why do people consistently feel the need to advertise their beliefs and convert others to their belief.

The inscription on the paper currency was added during the 50's to prove tot he Russians that we were not godless heathens like they were. Paranoia McCarthy won out over logic. Seems to a recurring theme in our country.

Why do people consistently feel the need to advertise their beliefs and convert others to their belief.

Garfield,
Last time I checked, Traditional Aboriginal People(s) of the America(s), Jews, Hindu's, Buddhists couldn't care less if someone "converted".

Upon Further examination, only ONE group is trying to sell their phoney product !

Absolutely !

Looks like that fraudulent.... "Manifest Destiny" is still alive and well.

Given that the product is sold under threat of eternal damnation "don't believe in jesus and you don't go to heaven" does not sound like grace to me. Given the fact that every church wants/require tithing is sure as heck is not free either.

Given that the product is sold under threat of eternal damnation "don't believe in jesus and you don't go to heaven" does not sound like grace to me. Given the fact that every church wants/require tithing is sure as heck is not free either.

Say what you want but the grace is still free. You also have free will to chose it or not...............

Tithing is voluntary but it is something many do willingly and cheerfully.

You know I'm pretty damn tolerant of others views. However this thread contains some of the most blatant Christian bashing I've seen in quite some time.

Just for Sh*ts and Giggles insert the "N" word where the word Christian appears and see if your sensibilities and Political Correctness are as offended as I am at some of the posts here.

Matthew chapter 7. Verse 5 says, "You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

Sorry but I can see no similarity between race (involuntary) and religion (voluntary). Please give an example here how the two are interchangeable with the intended interpretation being the same.

Sorry but I can see no similarity between race (involuntary) and religion (voluntary). Please give an example here how the two are interchangeable with the intended interpretation being the same.

Your response id soooo full of excrement I can smell it all they way in Jersey. :down:

You and others choosing to bash strictly because of faith is morally, ethically no different than judging someone soley based upon their race.

So if it's perfectly fine for you to bash Christians, Then it's perfectly for me to join the KKK. Afterall both choices are voluntary.

Frankly your arse backward answer isn't really worthy of reply. Prejudice is also voluntary as well. So why don't you "Volunteer" to stop bashing those of faith

If Jesus is a fraud then what does that make Obama? Somehow I can't see Obama hanging from a cross over healthcare

You know I'm pretty damn tolerant of others views. However this thread contains some of the most blatant Christian bashing I've seen in quite some time.

Just for Sh*ts and Giggles insert the "N" word where the word Christian appears and see if your sensibilities and Political Correctness are as offended as I am at some of the posts here.

Matthew chapter 7. Verse 5 says, "You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

I'm sorry Sparrow that you feel that way. In my case, I've pointed out that christianity INSISTS that the first 7/8ths of the book is NOT valid, unless the last 1/8th(New testament) is BELIEVED in it's entirety !

(so) It IS what it IS.

i have no issue with christianity or any other faith for that matter. I take issue with those of any faith who try to interject their belief on society. I take issue with organized religion which I believe take advantage of people.

Joining any group, racist or not is voluntary. What's your point?

I'll stop lashing out at fundamentals of any religion when they take their crap out of the public sector. Religious dogma has no business in public tax supported areas. Creationism/ID can be taught in any religious institute, not in a public school as a supplement to science based theory.

I do not recall saying jesus was a fraud. I don't really care or have an opinion one way or the other. What Obama, Bush or any other POTUS believe in is none of my concern so long as they do not let their religious beliefs guide their decisions on affairs of state. When POTOS says that he spoke to god and was told to do such and such, it's time for a new POTUS.

Personally I am leery of anyone who believe in fairy tales but given the fact that someone who does not say they believe in religion has virtually no chance of being elected to a state or national office, my choices are somewhat limited.

And please spare me the christians are being picked on BS. What's the ratio of professed christians to non-christians in public office? Hypocrisy? Were religion not an issue, the make up of public office holders would be much more representative of society. I have no problem electing a christian to office (not like I have a choice do I?). When is the last time a jew, hindu, muslim, or any other relilgion was on the ticket for POTUS? I know Liberman is jewish and there was a muslim elected to the Sen somewhere IIRC. How many atheist are in office? Would you vote for an atheist if his policy beliefs coincided with yours? I would. Do you think the nation would? Hell no. They had a hard time electing a catholic. Like they would put a non-believer in office. Hypocrite may butt.

Well Garfield I'll take my cjances with the God that never fails and I guess we'll see how it all turns out now won't we/

Here's an example of the false Gof Liberal Do Gooder types worship

The Government is my Shepherd. I need not work.
It allows me to lie down on good jobs.
It leadeth me beside still factories.
It destroyeth my initiative.
It leadeth me in the path of the parasite for politics sake.
Yea! Though I walk through the valley of laziness and deficit spending
I will fear no evil; For the government is with me
its doles and its vote getters they comfort me.
It prepareth an economic utopia for me by appropriating the earnings of my grandchildren.
It filleth my head with bologna; my inefficiency runneth over.
Surely the government will care for me all the days of my life.
and I shall dwell in a fool's paradise forever

I read that one time and it sums up the current Empty Suit residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue quite well. Now if you'll excuse me I have to cling to my gun since I've allready clung to my religion once today. Oh and while I'm clinging to my firearm please do not tell me how or what i have to believe as a Christian lest I test said firearm for accuracy :up:

a 9mm Barreta semi auto will make short work of yellow kitty cat butt :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, you didn’t know?! If you’re a Jew, and claim to be Atheist, you are exempt from all laws that ban hate speech.

Well Garfield I'll take my cjances with the God that never fails and I guess we'll see how it all turns out now won't we/

Here's an example of the false Gof Liberal Do Gooder types worship

The Government is my Shepherd. I need not work.
It allows me to lie down on good jobs.
It leadeth me beside still factories.
It destroyeth my initiative.
It leadeth me in the path of the parasite for politics sake.
Yea! Though I walk through the valley of laziness and deficit spending
I will fear no evil; For the government is with me
its doles and its vote getters they comfort me.
It prepareth an economic utopia for me by appropriating the earnings of my grandchildren.
It filleth my head with bologna; my inefficiency runneth over.
Surely the government will care for me all the days of my life.
and I shall dwell in a fool's paradise forever

I read that one time and it sums up the current Empty Suit residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue quite well. Now if you'll excuse me I have to cling to my gun since I've allready clung to my religion once today. Oh and while I'm clinging to my firearm please do not tell me how or what i have to believe as a Christian lest I test said firearm for accuracy :up:

a 9mm Barreta semi auto will make short work of yellow kitty cat butt :lol: :lol: :lol:

Think thats known as "The Cradle to Grave" prayer !

Also known as "The Liberals Mantra" !