The Max is Back

Something tells me the people who are hyper-concerned about setting foot on a Max are the same people who won't get on an airplane again until either COVID has burned out or there's a critical mass of people who have opted to take the vaccine...

So let 'em wonder. Maybe after a year of no accidents they'll overcome their phobia.
'Hey, fly on a 737 Max and they discount tickets by 50%'

You might be right...if the price is right, there are people who would board a plane with an engine on fire. But we'll see I guess. Back in the 70's when the DC10 had it's problems with cargo door latches, people might have heard one 30 second story about it, and never think about it when booking a flight on a DC10. But these days, news feeds usually had one story per day pointing out the flaw in the MAX as well as pointing out Boeing management. They MIGHT wonder what kind of plane they are getting on.

Fair point; our information diet is like drinking form a firehouse. Kinda hard to get away from the stories, though again, maybe they grabbed our attention more because they were relevant to our interests.

Something tells me the people who are hyper-concerned about setting foot on a Max are the same people who won't get on an airplane again until either COVID has burned out or there's a critical mass of people who have opted to take the vaccine...

So let 'em wonder. Maybe after a year of no accidents they'll overcome their phobia.

I dunno; one can (relatively) mitigate their exposure risks. Not so much when it comes to fleet scheduling or actually flying of the plane.