The New Culture

Toothy Grin

Advanced
Mar 31, 2008
Well, its just hours to go before the "big" surprise is announced. Best of luck to us all.

I do want to say that I don't know much about the AA culture except I've heard that the AA crews are not nice and that also includes to each other. I was told this by someone else so I don't know if it is true. I have flown on AA several times and the crews were always very upbeat and very nice to me and others around me, so I don't know where the horror stories are coming from.

I hope our inflight cultures adjust nicely. I rather like our crews...for the most part you have a very nice, but mellow group of men and women working in the skies. I have to say the adherence to uniform dress code is followed in a rather "at will" sort of way which I hear is completely different from AA...where crews write up crews for not being completely buttoned down. I couldn't imagine that happening at US or if so very, very rarely.

A couple of things I hope we keep are the crew news sessions. These are just great! It is a #### fest field day at management and I think it has helped to keep the sanity around this place. I've never really seen anything like it and I'm glad we are able to tell D/P and S/K marketing and inflight that their ideas stink and/or are great and not get fired or face retalliation. Think back everyone to all that transpired in those meetings!!!! "This" is true reality television and hopefully it will become part of the new airline - you won't regret participating or watching it.

I also hope that Hector Adler stays. I think he really understands the need to upgrade the product, work with the company while keeping the fas as happy as possible given the circumstances. He has never given lip service or been a suit at a desk and things really improved after he arrived and began to make changes. It was really nice to see that our venting was actually listened to and acted upon.

Maybe there are people at AA that some of you will want to stay that might now get a chance to flourish...maybe now is the time to give their name a nod as we build a new product??? or will it be the s/o same old.

Time will tell.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, its just hours to go before the "big" surprise is announced. Best of luck to us all.

I do want to say that I don't know much about the AA culture except I've heard that the AA crews are not nice and that also includes to each other. I was told this by someone else so I don't know if it is true. I have flown on AA several times and the crews were always very upbeat and very nice to me and others around me, so I don't know where the horror stories are coming from.

I hope our inflight cultures adjust nicely. I rather like our crews...for the most part you have a very nice, but mellow group of men and women working in the skies. I have to say the adherence to uniform dress code is followed in a rather "at will" sort of way which I hear is completely different from AA...where crews write up crews for not being completely buttoned down. I couldn't imagine that happening at US or if so very, very rarely.

A couple of things I hope we keep are the crew news sessions. These are just great! It is a #### fest field day at management and I think it has helped to keep the sanity around this place. I've never really seen anything like it and I'm glad we are able to tell D/P and S/K marketing and inflight that their ideas stink and/or are great and not get fired or face retalliation. Think back everyone to all that transpired in those meetings!!!! "This" is true reality television and hopefully it will become part of the new airline - you won't regret participating or watching it.

I also hope that Hector Adler stays. I think he really understands the need to upgrade the product, work with the company while keeping the fas as happy as possible given the circumstances. He has never given lip service or been a suit at a desk and things really improved after he arrived and began to make changes. It was really nice to see that our venting was actually listened to and acted upon.

Maybe there are people at AA that some of you will want to stay that might now get a chance to flourish...maybe now is the time to give their name a nod as we build a new product??? or will it be the s/o same old.

Time will tell.

The horror stories are probably coming from the scabs.

Reactions: 3 people
WTF.....seriously? This thread? The 'Welcome to America West Thread"? Wow, didn't take long for US people to come in and start ripping on their new "parterns".......

The problems have already begun.......unbelievable, what on earth were you people thinking to push for this to happen. What made you thik that somehow EVERY PROBLEM from every airline merger in history would somehow bypass you?

Cheers,
777 / 767 / 757

Oh, please your talking about what 2 people here? They hardly speak for the thousands of other employees of US. I do agree that the America West thred needs to go. Your going to see all kinds of idiotic posts on here, but need to realize that they don't speak for the masses.

Reactions: 4 people
777------- Your reputation precedes you!------- "Sky Nazi of the air"------- Now I didn't just now make up that name. And the way the TWA/AA intergration went down doesn't help you either!

Keep in mind that he doesn't even work for the company, but his Uncle did at one time...go figure.

To be fair, he's a customer, and a high mileage one at that if he's holding EXP.

I know, the culture doesn't impact us, right?...

To be fair, he's a customer, and a high mileage one at that if he's holding EXP.

I know, the culture doesn't impact us, right?...

AA needs a new culture..

How did AA become what its become "E"?

Time to point your finger at labor, right?? ...

BTW, here's what one of the past company s "Leadership team" leaders is doing these days..

Looks like he set up a go daddy page..

http://www.jeffbrundage.com/home.html

Where's his resume? Whats his degree in?

Whats the past CEO doing?

I'm looking forward to meeting Mr. Parker, and the more I hear about Kirby, lets just say I'm guardedly optimistic.

I've been nothing but tripped out by pissed-off and jaded airline employees since I started, which was about when half the a/c coming through PHX were still turquoise and orange (bleh). The HP people resented the new hires because we were being brought on with a higher starting pay, and then later came the East (old US) transfers who were pissed about how Doug Parker ruined their already ruined airline and working in PHL gave them PTSD and PHX does everything the wrong way and blah blah blah blah.

I came quickly to learn that a lot of these folks were so set in their own self-pity and bitterness the only joy they got was from infecting others with it, and the best strategy was to simply do my job (which I enjoy) and piss them off by refusing to join them in their gloom of permanent victimhood. Why? Because people like that deserve their own attitudes and life is too damn short. I like to pretend that I'm in charge of my own happiness and if I am to have a career in the industry I don't want to someday look back on it and realize all I did was sulk and whine the entire time. To date the strategy's worked well.

Alls y'all can be like you want but I'm not worried because I know I'm going to remain friendly and optimistic and I truly and genuinely look forward to working with my new coworkers at the new AA.

Reactions: 4 people