The Presidential Debate

phasersonstun2

Veteran
May 1, 2003
Sources say to expect to hear a question about the troubled airline industry tonight in the debates, everything from the price of fuel to the pension issue. Watch!

phasersonstun2 said:
Sources say to expect to hear a question about the troubled airline industry tonight in the debates, everything from the price of fuel to the pension issue. Watch!
[post="186224"][/post]​

Maybe the Masshole Senator Kerry will make some comments about how he wishes US Airways would go out of business again :angry: ANY airline employee that votes for a clown who told the media he wished an airline would fail, is, well, plain out an idiot.

Oh, I see. You think it's better to have a PROVEN anti-labor president instead? If Bush wins (or gets selected again) he won't be happy until we all make minimum wage. I've never seen such an anti American person in my life.

Could Bush have come across as a bigger idiot??? Color this once undecided voter "DECIDED". I now feel comfortable with Kerry.

Huge defeat for Bush last night. I was watching interviews of undecided voters in swing states. All of them said they felt that Kerry had presented himself better than Bush. Most said they had now decided but a few said they would wait a little longer to choose.......but all that had decided, said Kerry.

The first polls are already in on the debate. The American Research Group ran three quickie polls on the first debate and in all three sample groups, Kerry won, by margins of 10%, 10%. and 18%, respectively.

Huge defeat for Bush last night. I was watching interviews of undecided voters in swing states. All of them said they felt that Kerry had presented himself better than Bush. Most said they had now decided but a few said they would wait a little longer to choose.......but all that had decided, said Kerry.

Oh please, there was no landslide victory last night. In fact, USA Today/CNN/Gallup polls are showing Kerry lost on content, but won on style. Huge defeat is not even in the realm of talk among anyone except completely partisan campers..... when there is a landslide win, you'll know it. This wasn't a big win or loss for either of them.

spin from kerry's handlers-
LOCKHART: DEBATE CONSENSUS A 'DRAW'

Unbeknownst to Kerry adviser Mike McCurry, a C-SPAN camera quietly followed McCurry as he found Kerry adviser Joe Lockhart on Spin Alley floor and asked him his impression of the debate. Lockhart candidly said to McCurry , “Basically, the overall is that the thing was a draw.â€￾
so take your polls and go figure......
see if kerry gets a 'bounce' like he got at hiss convention.... :lol:

Is a DRAW(which I mostly agree it was) for the debate that is on the incumbents strong point good for Bush? Still, I think at best it draws them even again. I just hope they dont assume Bush will tank the domestic one.

Is a DRAW(which I mostly agree it was) for the debate that is on the incumbents strong point good for Bush? Still, I think at best it draws them even again. I just hope they dont assume Bush will tank the domestic one.

Historically democrat candidates, incumbent or not, will do better debating domestic issues than the republicans... honestly, if there are even undecided voters still left out there (which if there is they must be living under a rock), then maybe these debates will effect the outcome. Otherwise, it will only be a "colassal mistake" on one of their parts to make any difference in the way people are going to vote.

Like my choice of verbage? ;)

USAir757 said:
Historically democrat candidates, incumbent or not, will do better debating domestic issues than the republicans... honestly, if there are even undecided voters still left out there (which if there is they must be living under a rock), then maybe these debates will effect the outcome. Otherwise, it will only be a "colassal mistake" on one of their parts to make any difference in the way people are going to vote.

Like my choice of verbage? ;)
[post="186567"][/post]​

Clinton was the master of the debate; I don't think we'll see anyone as good as he is for awhile.

CNN had an interesting comparison when it came to who won the first debates in some of the past elections:

1984 Mondale
1988 Dukakis
1992 Perot
2000 Gore

Of course, none of the above won their elections. Still, I have to say, Bush really, really resembled a deer-in-the-headlights last night. I expected him to do much better. He came across as tired and bumbling. I think it's safe to say, he won't be as bad on next week's debate, unless, he loses his temper. And, last night if looks could kill Kerry would have been lying on the floor. Somehow, I think Bush is going to show his true colors in one of the next two debates; which, may be a good thing for Kerry.