The REAL reason why Clinton will not disclose tax returns

Oct 30, 2006
Well, I know you have already seen the stories about Clinton refusing to release several years of tax information. (See CNN Article).

Most will say that Clinton is worried about disclosing financial relationships with people who have now come under increased scrutiny for potential shady deals. That may be the case. I, however, think that the Clinton's are ashamed of current - and past - employment.

For the past few years, Bill Clinton has been under the employ of Yucaipa (essentially a private equity group). This group has been involved in many OEM automotive deals... both supplier and transportation sides. Yucaipa is well known for its *questionable* tactics and has long been suspected of kickbacks to Unions and numerous RICO violations. Not only is Clinton employed by Yucaipa, but it has been presented, with persuasive evidence, that both Clintons have a sizeable investment in several Yucaipa funds. Can anyone say major conflict-of-interest? Add that to Yucaipa's questionable relationships with Dubai and its major anti-trust concerns, and I would say that these tax returns are a significant liability to the Clinton Camp. Does anyone else wonder why Bill has recently decided to leave Yucaipa? Perhaps it is because one of its major investments -- one of two auto transports it owns -- is in ANOTHER bankruptcy in a little more than a year and questionable tactics are now coming to a head.

Well, I know you have already seen the stories about Clinton refusing to release several years of tax information. (See CNN Article).

Most will say that Clinton is worried about disclosing financial relationships with people who have now come under increased scrutiny for potential shady deals. That may be the case. I, however, think that the Clinton's are ashamed of current - and past - employment.

For the past few years, Bill Clinton has been under the employ of Yucaipa (essentially a private equity group). This group has been involved in many OEM automotive deals... both supplier and transportation sides. Yucaipa is well known for its *questionable* tactics and has long been suspected of kickbacks to Unions and numerous RICO violations. Not only is Clinton employed by Yucaipa, but it has been presented, with persuasive evidence, that both Clintons have a sizeable investment in several Yucaipa funds. Can anyone say major conflict-of-interest? Add that to Yucaipa's questionable relationships with Dubai and its major anti-trust concerns, and I would say that these tax returns are a significant liability to the Clinton Camp. Does anyone else wonder why Bill has recently decided to leave Yucaipa? Perhaps it is because one of its major investments -- one of two auto transports it owns -- is in ANOTHER bankruptcy in a little more than a year and questionable tactics are now coming to a head.

##################################################################

Kickbacks to Unions, and RICO Indictments, ......Jeez, I'll take them ANY day over the GOP !!!

Long time controversial west coast Longshoremans Union Boss,...Harry Bridges, would have been a MAIN TARGET of "RICO", if they had it back then.

Fast forward to today,

Any Blue Collar Dock worker out there, who put in 30 + years, had a DAM* good $$$$ life, able to buy a real nice home, send all his kids to good collages, and retire with a FINE pension, and tip-top medical.

As I said above Lily, I'll take that ANYDAY,.........Over a GOP Mind set !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could'nt CARE LESS, if the Union Invested the pension fund with the GAMBINO's/or in your area,......Sam GIANCANA !!!!

As I said above Lily, I'll take that ANYDAY,.........Over a GOP Mind set !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So essentially, what you're saying is that you will accept corruption in a politician, so long as they are a democrat. Do you blame all the problems in your life on the republican party? Because according to you they are clearly responsible for all the problems in this country.

I'm not going to waste time debating the current President with you. You have displayed countless times that you are far too close-minded. However, I cannot refrain from highlighting your penchant for always finding someone to blame. In fact, it has become a generalized trademark of an American democrat... to always make someone else responsible; i.e. someone needs to pay for my health care, someone needs to help me pay for my kid's schooling, rich people have too much they should pay my bills, I am a hard worker I don't deserve what I'm getting, this is all the Republican's fault.... on and on... this whole notion that the Government owes us something is just going crazy out of control. Wasn't it the legend democrat, John F. Kennedy that said, "Ask not what your country can do for you... ask what you can do for your country."

Now more than ever, that needs to be the united mantra of this country. Yet, both democratic candidates, all they can talk about is what they can get this government to do for people if elected. I'm not defending every action the GOP has made over the last 4 or 8 years, but at the same time, I'm not blaming them for what's happened in my life (or the democrats for that matter). The Republican mindset has been and always will [should] be that people must first look to themselves, not their government, for sustainability. I, for one, support a flat tax, that would tax all American's equally on their earnings. Tell me, NHBB, why don't you support a tax like that? I bet I already know the answer.

I hope to vote for Barack Obama in the next election, and the reason I tell you that isn't so you'll think I'm a soft republican, but that I keep an open mind to all ideas, and try to select a candidate that will have the best chance of uniting government on either side of the aisle. Hillary Clinton, next to George W. Bush, is one of the most polarizing politicians out there, and has very little hope of accomplishing what this country needs. John McCain isn't far behind her. If we stop this stupid, childish blame game, we might actually get something accomlished in the years to come. And, as grim as things look these days, I'm sure we can agree that we could really use some promise at this point.

Some of what you say is true but to say that dems always blame and repubs are self reliant is a load of hog wash. Repubs like big government just as much as dems do, it is just that the repubs like their big government in different areas than dems do.

To say that dems blame and repubs do not is also in my opinion a load of crap. The repubs have been blaming Clinton for 7 years now and will continue to do so. The dems are blaming the repubs. It's the nature of politics. Politicians are in it fr them selves first, their state/district second and the long term future of the country and far and distant third.

I am a liberal when it comes to helping people. I am not interested in giving a free ride. How ever no one should be denied the best medical treatment this country has to offer because they are poor. No one should be denied the best education that this country has to offer because they are poor. Everyone is entitled to have a roof over their head and food in their stomach. I am not advocating a free ride. No one should just have it given to them. I find it humorous that the right to lifers argue that we might be killing the next Salk or Hawkins by aborting the fetus yet they seem to have no problem allowing the next Salk of Hawkins to languish way under a freeway or die because they cannot afford medical care.

Like I keep telling other here on the board, I know that my sh1t stinks. Are you aware that your's stinks also?

BTW, do you think the republicans would support a flat tax? I doubt it because then the big business (companies republicans tend to support a bit ore than dems) would have to pay their fair share.

See, you are starting to hit on what I'm trying to say. I may be a registered Republican, and vote that way more often than not, but mostly it's because they are closer to the ideals that I think this country needs. I certainly don't support every initiative that the GOP comes up with, sometimes I lean towards the left, too. No person or party is going to hold every ideal for any individual... I can't remember who said it, but I remember a politician saying that goes... "If you agree with 25% of what I say, vote for the other guy. If you believe 75% of what I say, vote for me. If you agree with 100% of what I say, seek therapy."

Washington (both blue & red) is so, pardon the expression, *effed* up, and it needs to change. There are few regular people these days who will disagree with that. So what do we do? Elect somebody that embodies corruption, sleezy politics, ultra-liberal policies, and the same old closed-minded, money-mongering Washington government that we're so used to? Hillary Clinton has shown in her campaign that she's willing to do anything to win the nomination, which includes stooping to any level. She's not above any of it.

Which brings me back to the point of the thread. The only reason I can think of that the Clinton camp won't release these documents is because they have something to hide. She wants this nomination before debate of her and her husband's sleezy politics comes in to play. In the meantime, she is going to play into the whole notion that "a government run by me will work for you", alluding to the seemingly electable opinion that the government owes YOU something, and hope to spin enough positive energy into her campaign that people (like NHBB) will just look beyond it and say
Jeez, I'll take them ANY day over the GOP !!!
He is displaying precisely what the Clinton's are best at doing. Of course, "that depends on what your definition of IS, is."

Just about everything you mention and,from what I understand...they have joint accounts.

USAir757,

Though you'll (most likely) Not believe me,
I supported EL-CHIMPO ...Up to the time he had SADDAM, pulled out of that RAT HOLE he was in,.............After that,...I said...."G T F O"(first word.."GET", last word.."out" !!

I would Gladly support a flat tax !!(Surprised you, did'nt I)

There is something about "Robin Hood" type Powerful people,......that I've always admired, :up:
So , If you wan't to say I SUPPORT CORRUPTION, well...........Go ahead, if it makes you feel better !

And Finally, whats your response to the VALID points that GARFIELD made to you, about healthcare etc. ??

I'm guessing that:

1. What the bush family has done, with their collusion w/the Saudi Royal Family over the years(remember 911) is commendable.

and

2. You will probably say that Jimmy Hoffa sr. was a NO GOOD scoundrel !

How close was I "757" ????????????????

I supported EL-CHIMPO ...Up to the time he had SADDAM, pulled out of that RAT HOLE he was in,.............After that,...I said...."G T F O"(first word.."GET", last word.."out" !!

I assume you're referring to George W? Maybe I'm missing something, but I have to admit I don't understant what "El-Chimpo" means. Anyway, I don't blame you for dropping your support for the Prez as a result of the Iraq war.

I would Gladly support a flat tax !!(Surprised you, did'nt I)

Yes, indeed you did. I'd love to have a debate as to why this would work so well for America, but because of political machines, will never happen.

There is something about "Robin Hood" type Powerful people,......that I've always admired,
So , If you wan't to say I SUPPORT CORRUPTION, well...........Go ahead, if it makes you feel better !

It actually doesn't make me feel better at all. It scares me... because there are many others like you. People who still supported Bill Clinton after his impeachment, and would probably give anything to get him back in office. I guess it's the "take the good with the bad" theory, but in Presidential politics, it's just SCARY! This is the leader of the free world we're talking about. We have a chance to make a change to that pattern here and now.

And Finally, whats your response to the VALID points that GARFIELD made to you, about healthcare etc. ??

I'm guessing that:

1. What the bush family has done, with their collusion w/the Saudi Royal Family over the years(remember 911) is commendable.

and

2. You will probably say that Jimmy Hoffa sr. was a NO GOOD scoundrel !

Well, neither of those respond to Garfield's comments, but since you mentioned them... Number 1:NO. Number 2: Sort of, but we can debate that in another thread if you'd like.

My response to Garfield is that I agree, for the most part. People often misjudge republicans for being uncompassionate, when that is not the case. The question, however, still comes down to who pays for these programs. Health care is so expensive, that the only way to support a universal program such as suggested by the democrat candidates is to crank taxes on the "rich" (hard working Americans with bills to pay and kids to put through college, etc... so long flat tax). Not to mention, it would be extremely difficult to run. Canadian Health Care Problems

Obviously the poor cannot pay to send their kid to Columbia or Stanford, but that's what Stafford loans and private grants are for. We can't just pass these expenses on to the American taxpayer, and still expect this country to remain productive.

Indeed, noone should have a free ride. Yet many liberal programs like welfare enable this kind of behavior. No Child Left Behind as well (total joke).

So we still don't know where the Clinton's money comes from "On the Record", and what she did while she was First Lady. If there was nothing to hide, she would have released this info months ago.

Clinton finally released years of tax returns today. Despite conveniently releasing them on a friday afternoon, I applaud Clinton for doing this. I hope to see the actual returns soon so that any comment of mine will at very least be an informed comment.

Press Release

As I suspected, the tax returns reveal significant information about the Clinton's ties to Yucaipa. In all, Bill earned just over $15 million from Yucaipa. This may raise new questions about what services he performed for Yucaipa, whose investors include the ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid al- Maktoum.

Because of the amounts and the types of payments, it indicates that Clinton was performing certain services for the Cayman Island funds (which of course doesn't charge any individual or corporate income tax). I question whether he performed any services in the projects I outlined above.

Odd Amounts from Yucaipa