The Soldevere Tickets choice for Recording Secretary

Swordfish

Jun 17, 2011
FACT: Jorge Rojas has proven himself to the membership, as a proven leader by his work in MIA as the local President and through his actions while defending the members positions in bankruptcy.

But for some entertainment value, lets take a look at what Kerry Curtis has to say, about himself:

Brothers and Sisters,

My name is Kerry Curtis and I’m running for recording secretary of
TWU Local 591.

My background in Union work began in 1995 or so. I started as a Steward in 1995 and I was appointed EAP Coordinator for Local 513 in 1996 and subsequently when Local 565 was formed I was the EAP Coordinator there for 15 years.

As I began my quest for counseling certification under EAP, I was required to read a book titled Mutual Aid and Union Renewal. As I read this book I began to understand the nature of what I believe is the future of Unions in this country. The theme of the book is based on the premise that there is more to unionism than contract negotiations and grievance processes. It’s about the members. I believe it is the responsibility of Unions to assist the member in more that just contractual issues. I believe in a strong and educated EAP/Benefits group. Navigating through the complex insurance plans of today isn’t easy. We need people trained and dedicated to help members through this process as well as to negotiate benefits for future contractual agreements. Veterans benefits and retiree assistance is another key area we need to focus on.

In addition to my duties as recording secretary, my goal if elected is to help build a Local that is strong and viable and able to assist the members in all sorts of innovative ways.

I would truly appreciate your vote to accomplish these goals.

Thanks
Fraternally,
Kerry Curtis

FACT: Above you read a what sounds like a nice story of a guy who was there as an EAP, originally to help the members, but later followed a similar trail to that of Videtich. Mr. Curtis could not come up with more than a paragraph or two to explain all he has to offer and what was learned in over 15 years of work. Mr. Curtis also failed to mention that he ​refused to participate in any EAP functions that involved his original partner Sam Sadler, retired EAP rep from Local 513 who was appointed to run the EAP by the TWU International. Mr. Curits and VIdetich decided they would boycott Sadler's program and do their own thing.
Mr. Curtis must have also forgotten that his policy was to only help those members with drug and alcohol problems, willing to beg him to help them; no time for those of us having problems with our kids or financial issues. Mr. Curtis, like his former presidential idol, certainly had no problem having an inappropriate relationship with another mans wife who asked for EAP assistance. Mr Curtis also had no problem using the memberships dues money to entertain AA management on his local TWU Credit Card, or being reimbursed mileage to pad his wallet for driving from the union hall to the airport (which was a rarity but was paid by Hatfield daily). When members complained about the money, his buddy Hatfield covered for him to the tune of over 50K while he was treasurer. When Hatfield resigned, Curtis did the same, leaving the membership high and dry, until the new Local 565 EAP was created. My guess is Curtis thought he was irreplaceable; but, he and his EAP team (who also quit in solidarity) were quickly replaced and Local 565 now has an excellent EAP team that helps all members, with whatever issues they face. Curtis was Videtich's personal tax man, oh yeah, Kerry also did Turbotax filings for his friends out of the Local, but only certain members enjoyed his undocumented accounting service.

Just last week Mr. Curtis suffered another blow to his ego, when he was voted out as the Labor Assistance Professionals (LAP) treasurer. His inability to get re-elected to LAP only furthers his self serving interests versus those of the members he was elected to serve.

Mr. Curtis wants to be the Local 591 recording secretary so he can assist the members in all sorts of innovative ways, after his last appointment by VIdetich, the only thing Curtis was able to assist was the spending of members dues money on his personal escapades and expenses. Please "VOTE NO on CURTIS" when you select your Local 591 Recording Secretary.

Reactions: 2 people
Working with Jorge Rojas has been a welcome change. Jorge replaced former (?) TeAAm Videtich member Todd Woodward. Like I said the electoral process is a slow one, it took three years to get rid of all the TeAAm Videtich guys from Line Maintenance, Don is desperate, he wants control back, and he has created Local 591 and his new TeAAm to try and get it. A vote for TeAAm Videtich is a Vote for Don.

Reactions: 2 people
Working with Jorge Rojas has been a welcome change. Jorge replaced former (?) TeAAm Videtich member Todd Woodward. Like I said the electoral process is a slow one, it took three years to get rid of all the TeAAm Videtich guys from Line Maintenance, Don is desperate, he wants control back, and he has created Local 591 and his new TeAAm to try and get it. A vote for TeAAm Videtich is a Vote for Don.

Met Jorge my first day here, and he is a good man. A very good pick for the position and will get my vote.

Reactions: 1 person