The Tech Thread

delldude my advice is to wait for 8K's to come out and get a 4K at rock bottom prices. I mean you waited this long. Also let's be honest, there is not that much out there that even uses 4K........

Switch to 4k/HDR is moving along quite well, before you know it, it will be the new standard.

Leaning LG 55 C7 OLED, SJ5Y-S sound bar.

Dude......shoot the lock off.

I went to Costco yesterday and they have a lot of TV's on display.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see much of a difference in them.
I watched a curved 4K (don't remember the MFG) but was unimpressed.
Hell Dude, your still watching on a tube, just bite the bullet and get one.
Costco Black Friday Deals
:p:D:)

I went to Costco yesterday and they have a lot of TV's on display.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see much of a difference in them.
I watched a curved 4K (don't remember the MFG) but was unimpressed.
Hell Dude, your still watching on a tube, just bite the bullet and get one.
Costco Black Friday Deals
:p:D:)

I been all over the net on deals.....LG 'big friggin' event Nov 12-18........so what they going to do between 19th and Christmas? Jack up the prices by a grand?

Reading ratings has gleaned a world of information to totally blow your friggin' mind. I'm going for a Doctorate in electronics before I purchase one or may just pop some 25 and go see whats at Best Buy.

I found out several areas of importance. One is how the LED's are illuminated...another biggie is local dimming...another is side viewing angle.You know, stuff after you're home and realize, oh shiit.

w_electrical_safety_sc_al-e1429199120136.jpg

i'M ClOsE tO a DeCiSiOn.

Should I buy a '62 VW or a Mercedes Benz?

This is not the exact one we have just one I Googled but you get the general idea.

shopping

This is the "style" we have (but again not the exact same one).

I recommend you buy one that is capable of holding your TV size and larger. Not one where the top end is your TV size.

Something else to consider, and this is very important in my opinion, is how far it extends from the wall. The reason being is eventually you will want to get behind the TV to plug something into it and you don't want that to be a headache. Mine can extend 24 inches if I remember correctly. With that it is easy for me to access the back of the TV if needed. The prices I have seen range from 50ish to over 150. Don't cheap it, remember you have a large expensive TV attached to this thing.

If you have an outlet behind the TV and Velcro your ROKU or Apple TV to the back of the TV it is a good "no wires visible" solution. Actually that works for Apple TV. (I know that for a fact because it is the solution I used)..... ROKU may have an IR Blaster type remote (which would not work). Let me check on that and get back with you.

Last edited:
What is 25?I have not seen a newer 4K I felt had viewing angle issues. Then again we set our furniture facing toward the TV. Even at that we have it attached to a swivel arm that is fully adjustable.
Ferrari.

LSD 25 to have a color enhanced experience at Best Buy.
Haven't seen a 'dumb' 4k yet...all are smart and I bet all track your viewing habits. That sucks.
1080 are disappearing fast..8k will be here in 2018 from Sharp and read broadcasters are going to go that way in production kipping over 4k and anyone with 4k will need a decoder as the format is 3.0 something.

It still looks like OLED is the ticket. Have to run out and check out some TV's. See what I like.

LSD 25 to have a color enhanced experience at Best Buy.
Haven't seen a 'dumb' 4k yet...all are smart and I bet all track your viewing habits. That sucks.
1080 are disappearing fast..8k will be here in 2018 from Sharp and read broadcasters are going to go that way in production kipping over 4k and anyone with 4k will need a decoder as the format is 3.0 something.

It still looks like OLED is the ticket. Have to run out and check out some TV's. See what I like.
OK I have heard of LSD but never LSD 25. I have met someone named Ellis D.

I was not able to find a "dumb 4K" television either but let me ask you this, why are you worried about it? If you don't want a "smart" TV just deny it network access and use your ROKU, cable, satellite, or OTA. Problem solved.

OK I have heard of LSD but never LSD 25. I have met someone named Ellis D.

I was not able to find a "dumb 4K" television either but let me ask you this, why are you worried about it? If you don't want a "smart" TV just deny it network access and use your ROKU, cable, satellite, or OTA. Problem solved.

Thanks, just read up on that too. Lot of reading recently.....Look at what I found:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/capture-streaming-video-website-5-tools/

Thanks, just read up on that too. Lot of reading recently.....Look at what I found:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/capture-streaming-video-website-5-tools/

Well yes, it is as I said before (see below), you can do that with a PC but I do not know of a stand alone product that is capable of recording streaming content.

I found no stand alone product that records streaming video for the consumer market, only computer programs.

Hey delldude this TV wall mount is on sale at Best Buy right now.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocket...-most-40-75-tvs-black/5270400.p?skuId=5270400

Supports 40 to 75 inch TV's with a 100 pound maximum.

For weight reference this 60" TV is 38.4 pounds
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-60-...-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv/5930900.p?skuId=5930900

This 75 inch TV is 75.2 pounds.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-7...th-high-dynamic-range/5748203.p?skuId=5748203

So weight should be no issue.

Best part..... it extends 20 inches from the wall so you can get behind the TV when you need to.

Reg price $199.99
On sale price $99.99

100 dollars off. Half price. You can't beat that.

Last edited: