The unions are coming, the unions are coming!

AT US Airways the AFA, and all three IAM CBAs have language that they dont have to cross a sanctioned picket line against US.

We need to take it to the point where if a union at one carrier strikes, ALL(industry wide) unions strike. The way it pretty much use to be. You can bet, pay and benefits would change REAL quick. That would end the multi million dollar pay perks for airline scumbags and their get rich quick schemes.

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='588153' date='Apr 2 2008, 12:29 PM']That would last for all of maybe 5 minutes, until the PEB is enforced upon us. :down:[/quote]

What are they going to do fire 250,000 employees? Put 250,000 in jail? Fine the Unions into submission. That would work with small numbers, like the ATC, but not with an industry.

What are they going to do fire 250,000 employees? Put 250,000 in jail? Fine the Unions into submission. That would work with small numbers, like the ATC, but not with an industry.

What about the people that don't agree, or don't want to strike? What will you do with them?

What about the people that don't agree, or don't want to strike? What will you do with them?

USAir757,

I can't believe you would even ask a question that you know the answer to. You didn't strike at Eastern and crossed the picket line. You're a SCAB and will always be an Eastern SCAB!

Actually, as a non-union employee who has often wondered if organized labor is the right path, I thought the question was a good question. I read childish replies like NE's and know for sure I want nothing to do with that organized crap. You need to grow up!!

Actually, as a non-union employee who has often wondered if organized labor is the right path, I thought the question was a good question. I read childish replies like NE's and know for sure I want nothing to do with that organized crap. You need to grow up!!

GSEMAN, please try not to judge a whole group of individuals, most of them committed to improving pay and working conditions based on a few "blo-hards." Remember as much as anything, these types of boards are a way for people to vent anonymously.

A strike is the ABSOLUT LAST thing ANYONE wants. Unions do not want it, companies do not want it. It happens when companies do what they have done over the last 10 years...take take take (most so a few individuals can get rich quick). This has been an era that corporate America has dreamed of.

One must remember tho, as distasteful as a strike is. NOTHING in this country has ever been given to Labor without a fight. The non union employees at Delta would be making what the regionals pay had it not been for Union strikes in the 70's ,80s, 90's. That is just the reality of the Industrialized world. Furthermore, when one is a union member, one does not work during a strike assisting management to underhand the very job you are working to save. Unless of course it is people who only care about themselves and short term employment. Sooner than later they will be working for half their pay...IF, they even have a job, after they've helped management destroy the jobs of the striking employees.

The IAM had just such clause at NWA yet they urged their members to cross the sanctioned picket line.

Actually, it was worse that that...

In addition to what Tech mentioned, in the days leading upto the strike, they also sent out a letter to every IAM employee stating that they would not administer the article (26.2) in question... :angry:

[edited by mod]

[edited by mod]

Noreasta - do you ever plan on contributing anything of substance to this board? Geez, you're like a broken record. Get over yourself already.

A strike is the ABSOLUT LAST thing ANYONE wants. Unions do not want it, companies do not want it.

I'm glad to hear you say that it's a last resort.

Furthermore, when one is a union member, one does not work during a strike assisting management to underhand the very job you are working to save.

Unions cannot represent everyone, they can only represent the majority. So, there will always be people who disgaree with their union's decision based on the belief that not everybody thinks the same. There will always be people who don't want to take action or disagree with the action (whatever their motives), but are FORCED to follow the group to the fire, or face some pretty nasty stuff. For example, some people might think that the industry shut-down you suggested would do so much damage to so many lives beyond their own, that it's not the right thing to do. But what does that make them? According to you, "People who only care about themselves". Ironic, isn't it?

[edited by mod]
The sarcastic, rude, and childish comments made by Noreasta are just uncalled for. To hang on to that anger for 19 years is pretty sad. Negative thoughts breeds more negativity, and sadly negativity has more power over positive thoughts. I have enjoyed my 20 plus years at Delta and have always been impressed with the way all work groups work together. Talking to friends/family who work for other airlines they say the exact opposite, everyone is divided. GSEMAN said it all...Noreasta's mentality is one that runs through a lot of unions and I am hoping that we at DL will continue on the path we've always been on, union free. Until you have walked a mile in someone elses shoes you have no right to judge. Noreasta let go of the anger and bitterness, its time to move on. Your life may be much happierif you do.