The unions are coming, the unions are coming!

What in the hell does working for union representation, passing out cards or even signing one have to do with "Delta's Best Interest"?

Last time I checked Delta fended off a hostile take-over, which I would consider to be in "Delta's Best Interest,................without a unions input !

Southwind, MY BEST INTEREST are being pulled into this so called "merger". I posted a rough breakdown of the benefits I recieve at Northwest AFTER the cuts in BK. But not one from Delta (specifically) ramp employee have countered with their benefits package. I don't want Northwest to "merge", "consolidate", or be "acquired" by Delta Airlines if there is a possibility of losing more benefits. I've already given enough.

Also, with everything up in the air, whos to say if a merger happened that unions wouldn't dissapear toatally from the new companys landscape!

There will be a representational vote.

I'm neither really for or against unions. I sincerely believe they had their place in the past , but really, what have they done for you "PERSONALLY" in the past few rocky years.

Here what I "personally" got at NWA vs. what would have happened if I was non-contract:

1.Ramp/CSA are in 40 locations

The company only wanted 3 (MSP, DTW, MEM)

2. My medical costs $177/mo.

Non contract pay $295

3. IAM (and all unions) were granted an unsecured claim in BK, which was then sold and distributed. My cut was worth roughly 14k. Look at it this way; my union dues-at $41.00 a month- have been/are paid for at least 30 years.

4. Clearly defined layoff protection/displacement rules

Company wanted to eliminate these altogether.

5. Year-round employment

Company wanted to create permanent seasonal positions, much like migrant farm workers.

6. Top out pay at $18.05

Company wanted to cap it at 14.00ish if you were "lucky" enough to stay on and work for "Groundco." (Hub pay was the same.)

These are just a few things...If I didn't think you were intentionally stirring the pot, I'd be happy to supply several more.

There will be a representational vote.

Here what I "personally" got at NWA vs. what would have happened if I was non-contract:

1.Ramp/CSA are in 40 locations

The company only wanted 3 (MSP, DTW, MEM)

2. My medical costs $177/mo.

Non contract pay $295

3. IAM (and all unions) were granted an unsecured claim in BK, which was then sold and distributed. My cut was worth roughly 14k. Look at it this way; my union dues-at $41.00 a month- have been/are paid for at least 30 years.

4. Clearly defined layoff protection/displacement rules

Company wanted to eliminate these altogether.

5. Year-round employment

Company wanted to create permanent seasonal positions, much like migrant farm workers.

6. Top out pay at $18.05

Company wanted to cap it at 14.00ish if you were "lucky" enough to stay on and work for "Groundco." (Hub pay was the same.)

These are just a few things...If I didn't think you were intentionally stirring the pot, I'd be happy to supply several more.

Kev,

It would be great if we can get someone to post some information about Delta's ground operations benefits package..

Kev,

It would be great if we can get someone to post some information about Delta's ground operations benefits package..
The payscale has been posted, the medical has been posted, and the lack of retirement has been posted. The cities staffed by DL ramp has been posted. What more do you want?

Ok, Four weeks vacation is max after 11 years. Last year we got a week of PPT( sicktime). I think it was just raised for the upcoming year. There is a $50 fee to the employee for nonrev priv. Pay the fee and all pass riders on your list are covered. Standard industry employee/spouse/dependent children are unlimited S3 travel domestic with limited S3 international. All also get three S2 passes per year. Parents get limited S3B/ unlimited yeild fare purchase. Each employee gets eight S4 buddy passes.

Whatelse? We get some discounts at someplaces here and there. You know Zoo's and ballgame deals.

I'm an AMT, but my benefits are the same as Ramp. The only difference is payscale. Don't expect much ramp imput on this board. I don't recall seeing many ramp postings here in the past.

Southwind, MY BEST INTEREST are being pulled into this so called "merger". I posted a rough breakdown of the benefits I recieve at Northwest AFTER the cuts in BK. But not one from Delta (specifically) ramp employee have countered with their benefits package. I don't want Northwest to "merge", "consolidate", or be "acquired" by Delta Airlines if there is a possibility of losing more benefits. I've already given enough.
Check it out I work for Delta in LAX. The reason I can't give you this information is cause we just don't know how to pull it up. The company tries to hide it thru their company website which resembles a where is Waldo picture. We don't have a union contract which it's fully explained. Here at Delta we have rules which change like the season's even if we try to look for them most of the times they're not written where a normal person can understand it. I posted a couple of item regarding pension we don't have one it's frozen. 401k is the only thing we have and the company match's only up to 5%. Delta lied to us saying that we were going to get after the bankruptcy 12k per employee all I got was about 7k and I have 12 yrs senority. Tell your ramp service folks to revote the union after we merger cause not having one is F up here at Delta. Right now ATL(3000 ramp personnel) hold's the key for us to go union but they don't know their Head from their ###. That's why we need every NWA ramp agent to vote union. Just a union supporting Delta employee in LAX.

<_<
Check it out I work for Delta in LAX. The reason I can't give you this information is cause we just don't know how to pull it up. The company tries to hide it thru their company website which resembles a where is Waldo picture. We don't have a union contract which it's fully explained. Here at Delta we have rules which change like the season's even if we try to look for them most of the times they're not written where a normal person can understand it. I posted a couple of item regarding pension we don't have one it's frozen. 401k is the only thing we have and the company match's only up to 5%. Delta lied to us saying that we were going to get after the bankruptcy 12k per employee all I got was about 7k and I have 12 yrs senority. Tell your ramp service folks to revote the union after we merger cause not having one is F up here at Delta. Right now ATL(3000 ramp personnel) hold's the key for us to go union but they don't know their Head from their ###. That's why we need every NWA ramp agent to vote union. Just a union supporting Delta employee in LAX.

Hmmmmm, not very appealing as far as benefits go. Come fly with Me, thanks for the info, I now understand that its a labryinth when it comes to getting information from your company.

Thanks for the information, its much appreciated.

This is the exact reason DAL employees need unionized, DAL have kept their employee groups in the "woodshed" and they have accepted it.. I see a big gray area and nothing that is black and white...

What in the hell does working for union representation, passing out cards or even signing one have to do with "Delta's Best Interest"?

Last time I checked Delta fended off a hostile take-over, which I would consider to be in "Delta's Best Interest,................without a unions input !
I was looking for more input from the workers not management or the workers that may linger under their desks. "Delta best intersest" should have started with its employees not its stock holders. Whole stations farmed out with no notice. I've heard stories about DL outsourcing that makes me think that NW managment isn't so bad. It's sounding more and more like a yes vote for unions all around the Dove tail. We are ready when you are.

I was looking for more input from the workers not management or the workers that may linger under their desks. "Delta best intersest" should have started with its employees not its stock holders. Whole stations farmed out with no notice. I've heard stories about DL outsourcing that makes me think that NW managment isn't so bad. It's sounding more and more like a yes vote for unions all around the Dove tail. We are ready when you are.

Delta out-sourced HMV's.............just like the majority of all the other airlines.

Sincerely not trying to stir the pot , just like looking at things from all angles.

Did your union keep HMV's in-house ?

Delta out-sourced HMV's.............just like the majority of all the other airlines.

Sincerely not trying to stir the pot , just like looking at things from all angles.

Did your union keep HMV's in-house ?

First of all, airlines have use acronyms for different things. Since I dont work at Delta what is an HMV?

With Northwest outsourcing stations during our last contract negotiations, we still kept 40 (FORTY) ramp stations open to Delta's 15...
Plus Delta's work rules and benefits package, are not very good.

Instead of talking about the "majority" of other airlines, give me some facts that would make me think its worth having to give up my seniority, work rules, layoff protection, and benefits.

First of all, airlines have use acronyms for different things. Since I dont work at Delta what is an HMV?

With Northwest outsourcing stations during our last contract negotiations, we still kept 40 (FORTY) ramp stations open to Delta's 15...
Plus Delta's work rules and benefits package, are not very good.

Instead of talking about the "majority" of other airlines, give me some facts that would make me think its worth having to give up my seniority, work rules, layoff protection, and benefits.

HMV is basically used throughout the industry.
It stands for Heavy Maintanence Visit.
Which means completely tearing the aircraft apart, checking everything from nose to tail, then putting it all back together again.

Understand now ?

Which means completely tearing the aircraft apart, checking everything from nose to tail, then putting it all back together again.

Understand now ?
[/quote

You answered the maintenance acronym "HMV" (what ever happened to A, B, C, and D checks?),
but what I really wanted to know is, what good is merging with Delta Airlines if they have inferior work rules (is their such a thing at DAL) and benefits.

Understand now ?

Your condescending tone isn't doing a whole lot to promote your case....

You keep talking about what the IAM at NW gave up, but what did the workers at DL keep?

I along with the others would like to know what I stand to gain by givng up all of my contractual language.

Please provide specific examples.

Thanks.

Your condescending tone isn't doing a whole lot to promote your case....

You keep talking about what the IAM at NW gave up, but what did the workers at DL keep?

I along with the others would like to know what I stand to gain by givng up all of my contractual language.

Please provide specific examples.

Thanks.

I wouldn't hold my breath. People like Southwind and Aislehopper are part of the Delta "cult" mindset. As you've probably already noticed, whenever you ask them a straightforward question as you have (and as I have with Aislehopper) and they can't answer it, they run and hide/lurk.
I am proud to say that I work hard for Delta, do my utmost to offer my customers a great experience but I have NEVER bought into this sort of cult mentality that Delta can do no wrong and that they are a big happy family (a la Jim Jones?). But don't worry, most of the stations/people, mostly outside of Hooterville (ATL), are good, honest, hard-workers who don't make being part of the Delta "cult" their #1 priority. There are also some great people in ATL too and lots have woken up especially in the past 3 years or so. The ones like these two I've mentioned above lurk on these boards to spin for Mgt. outside of Delta's own internal website.
Good luck to you. If there is a merger, don't judge us all by some of these people you encounter here.

I wouldn't hold my breath. People like Southwind and Aislehopper are part of the Delta "cult" mindset. As you've probably already noticed, whenever you ask them a straightforward question as you have (and as I have with Aislehopper) and they can't answer it, they run and hide/lurk.
I am proud to say that I work hard for Delta, do my utmost to offer my customers a great experience but I have NEVER bought into this sort of cult mentality that Delta can do no wrong and that they are a big happy family (a la Jim Jones?). But don't worry, most of the stations/people, mostly outside of Hooterville (ATL), are good, honest, hard-workers who don't make being part of the Delta "cult" their #1 priority. There are also some great people in ATL too and lots have woken up especially in the past 3 years or so. The ones like these two I've mentioned above lurk on these boards to spin for Mgt. outside of Delta's own internal website.
Good luck to you. If there is a merger, don't judge us all by some of these people you encounter here.

Lukeaislewalker, ComeflywithME, thanks for your honest responses.

I just dont want to end up losing whats left of my workrules and benefits.

"A rising tide raises all boats."

Latest posts