The unions are coming, the unions are coming!

Aislehopper are part of the Delta "cult" mindset. As you've probably already noticed, whenever you ask them a straightforward question as you have (and as I have with Aislehopper)

Aislehopper will always be Pro-Delta because of this:

koolAidPacketGrape.gif

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='565587' date='Jan 25 2008, 01:27 AM']Aislehopper will always be Pro-Delta because of this:

koolAidPacketGrape.gif
[/quote]

Maybe the Delta ramp employees need to go to this site and exchange some ideas.

deltaramp.blogspot.com

Check it out I work for Delta in LAX. The reason I can't give you this information is cause we just don't know how to pull it up. The company tries to hide it thru their company website which resembles a where is Waldo picture. We don't have a union contract which it's fully explained. Here at Delta we have rules which change like the season's even if we try to look for them most of the times they're not written where a normal person can understand it. I posted a couple of item regarding pension we don't have one it's frozen. 401k is the only thing we have and the company match's only up to 5%. Delta lied to us saying that we were going to get after the bankruptcy 12k per employee all I got was about 7k and I have 12 yrs senority. Tell your ramp service folks to revote the union after we merger cause not having one is F up here at Delta. Right now ATL(3000 ramp personnel) hold's the key for us to go union but they don't know their Head from their ###. That's why we need every NWA ramp agent to vote union. Just a union supporting Delta employee in LAX.
12K per employee? Where did you ever get that from? Everything I saw said we would each get a percentage of our last years gross pay, not a single cash value. I never thought I was getting that much. I think you need to read the info a little more carefully in the future.

12K per employee? Where did you ever get that from? Everything I saw said we would each get a percentage of our last years gross pay, not a single cash value. I never thought I was getting that much. I think you need to read the info a little more carefully in the future.
In our breakroom management hang up some posters explaining the benefits. I think it was done in bad taste to brain wash people to not sign an athorization card for our current IAM union drive.

One more thing as you heard about our 158 million profit sharing check that we have coming in Feb 14. King Richard said it going to be 5% percent of our income from last year excluding lump sum and shares. Okay here is where it gets confusing nounion work force is about 42,000. I'm going to estimate everybody made 40,000 at 5% that 2,000 per person. Now 42000 times 2,000 equals to 84 million dollars. Delta is saying 158 million. If you look at the math it doesn't add up. I went to public school so please correct me if I missed something.

I'm going to estimate everybody made 40,000 at 5% that 2,000 per person. Now 42000 times 2,000 equals to 84 million dollars. Delta is saying 158 million.

Your estimate of $40K per year is way too low. I'm sure Delta's senior management wishes that were the case. However, check out the published pay scales, then figure in those who receive merit pay. Of course, nobody knows what that is, but that includes the managers, analysts, etc. And I'm sure there's quite a few who make over $100k per year, so that would really skew the results. Anyway, the average payout below seems more realistic.

$158 Million / 42,000 = $3,761 average payout

Hard to figure out but you are missing a pretty large group of AMT'S in ATL that are working all the OT they can. Figure about 600 or so of them with an avg salary around 70K.

Your estimate of $40K per year is way too low. I'm sure Delta's senior management wishes that were the case. However, check out the published pay scales, then figure in those who receive merit pay. Of course, nobody knows what that is, but that includes the managers, analysts, etc. And I'm sure there's quite a few who make over $100k per year, so that would really skew the results. Anyway, the average payout below seems more realistic.

$158 Million / 42,000 = $3,761 average payout
I'm using 40,000 cause let's face it not every Delta personnel makes 40,000. I was using it as average. I know in my station LAX half the ramp has less then one senority. So give me the benefit of the dought. Even if I use 50000 as an example it's still way below 158 million, and what I'm trying to say here is 5% in way too low. So King Richard is lying to us again.

I'm using 40,000 cause let's face it not every Delta personnel makes 40,000. I was using it as average. I know in my station LAX half the ramp has less then one senority. So give me the benefit of the dought. Even if I use 50000 as an example it's still way below 158 million, and what I'm trying to say here is 5% in way too low. So King Richard is lying to us again.

I don't think he lied. Pilots make up about 7200 employees and make much more than 40K on average. There are also a large number of middle managers and quite a few upper level ones who skew the numbers way up.

Hard to figure out but you are missing a pretty large group of AMT'S in ATL that are working all the OT they can. Figure about 600 or so of them with an avg salary around 70K.
I am sure you would not forget the 7000 pilots would you.....working all the extra hours they can.

I don't think he lied. Pilots make up about 7200 employees and make much more than 40K on average. There are also a large number of middle managers and quite a few upper level ones who skew the numbers way up.
You're right about 7200 but the 158 mil is only for noncontract personnel. The pilots are getting 15% of 660 million total profit. That's why it's only 42000 employee not including contract employee which are the pilots and dispatchers.

You're right about 7200 but the 158 mil is only for noncontract personnel. The pilots are getting 15% of 660 million total profit. That's why it's only 42000 employee not including contract employee which are the pilots and dispatchers.

I've never heard that one. Where did you hear that? I thought all employees split the 158 mil and it will come out to roughly 5% of your 2007 W-2.