" THE WALL "

Opposed to all you internet geniuses, I actually lived in Tucson.... There is already a wall along the border in Nogales, and another one between Sierra Vista and Douglas.

When it went up, the number of illegals crossing thru that area suddenly went down. They shifted to other areas which were less populated, e.g. the Tohono O'odham reservation and Organ Pipe National Monument.

If the Tohono O'odham don't want a wall, that's their prerogative. They can defend their own land.

Reactions: Insp4
Opposed to all you internet geniuses, I actually lived in Tucson.... There is already a wall along the border in Nogales, and another one between Sierra Vista and Douglas.

When it went up, the number of illegals crossing thru that area suddenly went down. They shifted to other areas which were less populated, e.g. the Tohono O'odham reservation and Organ Pipe National Monument.

If the Tohono O'odham don't want a wall, that's their prerogative. They can defend their own land.

KC fancies himself a border security expert. Logical people would seek the advice from people who have worked in the field and who have experience.

His experience wouldn’t even get him a job as a crossing guard.

KC fancies himself a border security expert. Logical people would seek the advice from people who have worked in the field and who have experience.

His experience wouldn’t even get him a job as a crossing guard.
Maybe you missed this part of eolesen's post...

They shifted to other areas which were less populated,
e.g. the Tohono O'odham reservation and Organ Pipe National Monument.

So with a thousand mile long open space, a wall will only move them there. Make America Safe Again.

Maybe you missed this part of eolesen's post...

They shifted to other areas which were less populated,
e.g. the Tohono O'odham reservation and Organ Pipe National Monument.

So with a thousand mile long open space, a wall will only move them there. Make America Safe Again.

So have you formally submitted your "expert" proposal to DHS/CBP?

giphy.gif

So have you formally submitted your "expert" proposal to DHS/CBP?

giphy.gif

No. My expert proposal is that if you really think a wall will make us safer, then you should demand a wall that runs the ENTIRE length of the border. It will still be a waste of money, but I can say for sure that you will be a LITTLE safer than a wall that has a thousand mile long hole in it. And you call ME crazy.

No. My expert proposal is that if you really think a wall will make us safer, then you should demand a wall that runs the ENTIRE length of the border. It will still be a waste of money, but I can say for sure that you will be a LITTLE safer than a wall that has a thousand mile long hole in it. And you call ME crazy.

How much is spent on rounding up undocumented illegal immigrants, on Narcan, healthcare, feeding, etc per year vs the cost of a wall?

How much is spent on rounding up undocumented illegal immigrants, on Narcan, healthcare, feeding, etc per year vs the cost of a wall?

If you really want to do the math...factor in the cost of an entire wall, plus the manpower costs needed to insure that it works. Then deduct the somewhat reduced costs of rounding up illegal immigrants, healthcare, feedings (because the wall won't stop them) and my guess is that you will see overall costs go UP. Because as wall by itself is just a rest stop for someone wanting to get over it. Everybody likes to point to the Israeli wall or the Turkish wall to "prove" that walls work...but they overlook the facts that those walls are patrolled, and that those walls are a fraction of the length of "our" wall. So if we want a wall that works as well as those other walls, I would guess that rather than spending the money rounding them up and healthcare and feeding, we would simply shift the spending to maintaining and patrolling a wall. If not end up spending more.

If you really want to do the math...factor in the cost of an entire wall, plus the manpower costs needed to insure that it works. Then deduct the somewhat reduced costs of rounding up illegal immigrants, healthcare, feedings (because the wall won't stop them) and my guess is that you will see overall costs go UP. Because as wall by itself is just a rest stop for someone wanting to get over it. Everybody likes to point to the Israeli wall or the Turkish wall to "prove" that walls work...but they overlook the facts that those walls are patrolled, and that those walls are a fraction of the length of "our" wall. So if we want a wall that works as well as those other walls, I would guess that rather than spending the money rounding them up and healthcare and feeding, we would simply shift the spending to maintaining and patrolling a wall. If not end up spending more.

Cost to the country is something like 250 billion vs wall cost.

I’d be fine with using the drug money,build it end to end with guard towers every 50 yds ...lol that should stop em

Reactions: pancakeramp
Cost to the country is something like 250 billion vs wall cost.
The wall itself will do nothing. It will need to me manned. It will need to be patrolled. If you only patrol along Nogales and nothing for the next 600 miles, guess what the people you are trying to keep out will figure out.

It's not a wall that works in Israel and Turkey...it's the SUPPORT that goes WITH the wall that makes them effective. In the case of Turkey, they have guard towers every 5 miles...with patrols between the towers. If we walled off our entire border, and put a guard tower every 5 miles, we would have 390 guard towers. Figure 5 guys to man the tower and patrols, and we are talking about 1,954 PEOPLE that will need to be paid (with taxpayer dollars). Figure that each job pays $50k per year in salary and another $25k in benefit dollars, then you are talking almost $147 billion just to make the wall work. Add in the cost of the wall, plus the cost of support facilities (it's not an easy commute to get to the middle of nowhere) and you are spending more than the illegals cost us.

I'm guessing you've never spent much time in the desert, KC.... It won't need to be manned everywhere. A couple hundred miles of wall will wind up pushing illegals to cross in some of the most inhospitable and uninhabited areas where the terrain becomes as much of deterrent as a barrier will..

There will no doubt be a few more accessible routes but they're not something that someone on foot will manage easily.

The main benefit of a barrier/wall/structure is that it makes it easier to find the lucky ones who don't die of dehydration, versus disappearing into society as they currently do in far too many locations near the ports of entry.

I'm guessing you've never spent much time in the desert, KC.... It won't need to be manned everywhere. A couple hundred miles of wall will wind up pushing illegals to cross in some of the most inhospitable and uninhabited areas where the terrain becomes as much of deterrent as a barrier will..

There will no doubt be a few more accessible routes but they're not something that someone on foot will manage easily.

The main benefit of a barrier/wall/structure is that it makes it easier to find the lucky ones who don't die of dehydration, versus disappearing into society as they currently do in far too many locations near the ports of entry.

Go easy on KC, he paid a lot of money on
a online class on border security.

All he got was a participation trophy

Last edited: