This is why Unions are dying.

Kev3188 said:
That's all great in theory- and I'm all for a union having to show it's value- but having to recert annually means that an organization will constantly have to be in campaign mode, diverting resources that would be better used elsewhere.
Nah, I wouldn't want annually either, but certainly every 4-6 years is realistic.

I'd guess 80% of all airline employees covered by union contracts today have worked their entire career without ever having had a say on who actually represented them. That has to change.

Reactions: 1 person
Haven't had a say, or haven't wanted change bad enough to make it happen? How many TWU at AA-related posts have you & I read on here over the years, yet it's still their name on the hall...

Nevertheless, I see your overall point, and get it. Maybe the answer then is to make the ability to switch unions easier?

Haven't had a say, or haven't wanted change bad enough to make it happen? How many TWU at AA-related posts have you & I read on here over the years, yet it's still their name on the hall...

Nevertheless, I see your overall point, and get it. Maybe the answer then is to make the ability to switch unions easier?
they can't get out of union membership as much as you want to argue otherwise.

No airline employee is going to vote for an organization that can't be fired and has little to no real accountability - what you say you want from a union - for what it really does or doesn't accomplish.

Based on the track record of unions in the airline industry, they'd all be bankrupt - and shut down.

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts