Thought for today!

Just after Reagan took office, we saw the era where execs started getting richer and richer...but the lucky folk who didn't lose their job stayed pretty stagnant. All that money that was supposed to trickle down didn't make it to the people who were actually producing the product or service. We seem to have a trickle problem.
dick%252520trickle%252520c191__68491.1389553844.1280.1280.gif

Just after Reagan took office, we saw the era where execs started getting richer and richer...but the lucky folk who didn't lose their job stayed pretty stagnant. All that money that was supposed to trickle down didn't make it to the people who were actually producing the product or service. We seem to have a trickle problem.
64590470_10211746548613662_2696538308476928000_n.jpg

This is not a meme, but maybe you could tell me when the trickle should start.

348b9c2b642ed93a0c11d6ba67ba47d6.png
So what are you trying to say?....... Your chart shows the largest income gain between 2016, and 2017, in the middle, and 2nd Quintile brackets! At a YoY change of +4.1%, and +4.0% in comparison to the top 5% at only +2.7%!

So what are you trying to say?....... Your chart shows the largest income gain between 2016, and 2017, in the middle, and 2nd Quintile brackets! At a YoY change of +4.1%, and +4.0% in comparison to the top 5% at only +2.7%!

I'm looking at 20 years or more. And you only see one year. There MIGHT be more in there.

What did an A&P mechanic make back in 1980? Why not use this site and put that 1980 number in there and tell me how much more than the inflation rate they are paid today. THAT is trickle down.

I agree somewhat....is probably a good reason why Trump was elected after Bush/Clinton/Bush/Obama crapping on the middle class.....which will most likely earn Him four more years.

Yeah....it's also an example of just how badly rust belt workers have given up. Oh...Trump brought them jobs, jobs, jobs....and it's a good thing that he brought so many jobs because those once proud workers need to work TWO jobs...and still don't come close to what they used to have. BUT....for 40 years, Republicans have been convincing the working class that EVENTUALLY you are going to get trickled on. But for now they laugh, zip up their pants and head to the country club for a round with the boys. Because THAT is the most "trickle" they are going to get.

Yeah....it's also an example of just how badly rust belt workers have given up. Oh...Trump brought them jobs, jobs, jobs....and it's a good thing that he brought so many jobs because those once proud workers need to work TWO jobs...and still don't come close to what they used to have. BUT....for 40 years, Republicans have been convincing the working class that EVENTUALLY you are going to get trickled on. But for now they laugh, zip up their pants and head to the country club for a round with the boys. Because THAT is the most "trickle" they are going to get.
As usual, you've got tunnel vision K.C. A half glass of water is better than none at all! And, if you are talking the last "40 years", there is more than enough blame to be shared with the Democrats! As Dell stated, that's exactly why Trump was elected! He's not a politician! He's rich enough that he can't be bought! And is an outsider! The career "deep state" hates that!........ In other words he is perceived as a threat! And most be taken out at all costs!...... Isn't that what all this B.S. in Washington is all about? Do you really believe Hillary would have been better for this country after seeing the Clinton's track record?

Last edited:
As usual, you've got tunnel vision K.C. A half glass of water is better than none at all! And, if you are talking the last "40 years", there is more than enough blame to be shared with the Democrats! As Dell stated, that's exactly why Trump was elected! He's not a politician! He's rich enough that he can't be bought! And is an outsider! The career "deep state" hates that!........ In other words he is perceived as a threat! And most be taken out at all costs!

As I said...these once proud workers have been trickled on so much that now they are content to say "a half glass of water is better than none". You might want to take a look at the full glass you don't have anymore. Yes...you have two half glasses of water to provide for your family. But you immediately have to deduct a fair chunk to cover the employee's share of their health care. You have to deduct a fair chunk to put into your retirement account since your pensions (remember those) were taken away. And you left working twice as hard with LESS take home money...BUT....a half glass is better than nothing.

I only recall your hero running thru Ohio and Pennsylvania and Michigan going "jobs, jobs, jobs". He was in Indiana promising to save the jobs that got sent to Mexico anyways. He wasn't out there going "folks...I'm going to get you a half glass of water...but hey....it's better than no water". ANd when he wasn't totally honest with you, he became just another politician. Hell...he became a politician the minute he put his red baseball cap on.

As I said...these once proud workers have been trickled on so much that now they are content to say "a half glass of water is better than none". You might want to take a look at the full glass you don't have anymore. Yes...you have two half glasses of water to provide for your family. But you immediately have to deduct a fair chunk to cover the employee's share of their health care. You have to deduct a fair chunk to put into your retirement account since your pensions (remember those) were taken away. And you left working twice as hard with LESS take home money...BUT....a half glass is better than nothing.

I only recall your hero running thru Ohio and Pennsylvania and Michigan going "jobs, jobs, jobs". He was in Indiana promising to save the jobs that got sent to Mexico anyways. He wasn't out there going "folks...I'm going to get you a half glass of water...but hey....it's better than no water". ANd when he wasn't totally honest with you, he became just another politician. Hell...he became a politician the minute he put his red baseball cap on.
Liston K.C again you have your head up and locked! Trump has done more in two years to bring back jobs than all the past Presidents in the last fifty! What did the abomination say? " Get over it! They are gone for good"! But Trump is only one man! A lot of what he's trying to do is hindered by the extremists on the left that are out to oppose any, and everything, he's trying to accomplish! ....... And yes, even at the expence of the American worker!!!

Last edited:
Liston K.C again you have your head up and locked! Trump has done more in two years to bring back jobs than all the past Presidents in the last fifty! What did the abomination say? " Get over it! They are gone for good"! But Trump is only one man! A lot of what he's trying to do is hindered by the extremists on the left that are out to oppose any, and everything, he's trying to accomplish! ....... And yes, even at the expence of the American worker!!!

AOC invited by Polish official to visit Hitler's concentration camps and 'see first hand how different' they are from ICE centers....... Think she'd go? I doubt it!

Latest posts