Thought for today!

59640483_10214246176768362_1366002116425940992_n.jpg

Wouldn't it be interesting to see if TODAY'S Republicans would vote to free the slaves or give them equal rights. The states that stood in the way were all in the south.
Liston K.C. you know what, it would be interesting to see if pigs can fly! But that happening has about the same chance as retaking a vote on slavery! ......... Come on K.C., you can do better than that!

You should stick to idiotic memes some troglodyte tells you to post. At least you can deny those thoughts are your own.

Liston K.C. you know what, it would be interesting to see if pigs can fly! But that happening has about the same chance as retaking a vote on slavery! ......... Come on K.C., you can do better than that!

Simple question...if todays Republicans were around in 1860, would they have fought for the right to own slaves, or would they vote to free the slaves? If today's republicans were around in 1964, would it be New York and California trying to block the passage of the Civil Rights Act, or would it still be the south?

I'll give Credit where credit is due - the republicans of 1864 freed the slaves. And a democrat willing signed the Civil rights act of 1964.

Simple question...if todays Republicans were around in 1860, would they have fought for the right to own slaves, or would they vote to free the slaves? If today's republicans were around in 1964, would it be New York and California trying to block the passage of the Civil Rights Act, or would it still be the south?

I'll give Credit where credit is due - the republicans of 1864 freed the slaves. And a democrat willing signed the Civil rights act of 1964.

How many Republicans helped pass the CRA of 64 and how many dems voted against it?

How many Republicans helped pass the CRA of 64 and how many dems voted against it?
I'm not talking about what they did in 1964...I'm asking what would a republican of TODAY do if it were 1964. We know what democrats did,....just asking if todays republicans would follow in the footsteps of those that came before them. Given that it was SOUTHERN democrats that stood in it's way, now that the south votes reliably republican, would the CRA pass any easier?

The Republicans of TODAY would do the same thing they did then. The CRA would have passed just the same.