Thought for today!

62487185_1746153245517846_2102030090710810624_n.jpg

The Republicans of TODAY would do the same thing they did then. The CRA would have passed just the same.

Agreed......look at some of the hobo dems in the black caucus these days, wouldn't surprise me if they would follow the same path as before on some self righteous BS positions that would doom passage.

The Republicans of TODAY would do the same thing they did then. The CRA would have passed just the same.
So we could count Georgia, both Carolinas, Virginia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi all among the "let's give them their rights" group? I mean...since the 70's they have pretty much belonged to the GOP. And back then, we had a Democratic president who knew how to "cajole" to get a vote. Today's GOP president would come up with some clever nickname like "Nervous Nancy" in an attempt to intimidate them to change their vote.

So we could count Georgia, both Carolinas, Virginia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi all among the "let's give them their rights" group? I mean...since the 70's they have pretty much belonged to the GOP. And back then, we had a Democratic president who knew how to "cajole" to get a vote. Today's GOP president would come up with some clever nickname like "Nervous Nancy" in an attempt to intimidate them to change their vote.
maybe in leftist fantasy world. In reality.......... not so much.

Look at the influx by many seeking jobs in 'right to work' states? The old boy thing about the 'Neggras' is history.

Look at the influx by many seeking jobs in 'right to work' states? The old boy thing about the 'Neggras' is history.

The south turned red long before "right to work" became an issue. And...how many of those people quit their jobs and moved their because of right to work laws. I mean...Exxon moved there headquarters from highly liberal NYC to Irving Texas. I'm pretty sure they told some that "if you want a job, you have a "right to work" your old one..just move. Did they also require them to turn Republican?

Or what about airline guys who saw their jobs cut in Pittsburgh but used their seniority to bump another employee in Houston? Did they move there because of right to work laws?

I still maintain that if the CRA of 1964 were held with TODAY'S Republicans, those same states would still be the block...the only thing being different is that it WOULDN'T pass because in 1964, presidents cajoled and convinced. Because today we are "all or nothing" and the Republicans who would try to pass it would whine that "we don't have 60 votes"...from THEIR side.

The south turned red long before "right to work" became an issue. And...how many of those people quit their jobs and moved their because of right to work laws. I mean...Exxon moved there headquarters from highly liberal NYC to Irving Texas. I'm pretty sure they told some that "if you want a job, you have a "right to work" your old one..just move. Did they also require them to turn Republican?

Or what about airline guys who saw their jobs cut in Pittsburgh but used their seniority to bump another employee in Houston? Did they move there because of right to work laws?

I still maintain that if the CRA of 1964 were held with TODAY'S Republicans, those same states would still be the block...the only thing being different is that it WOULDN'T pass because in 1964, presidents cajoled and convinced. Because today we are "all or nothing" and the Republicans who would try to pass it would whine that "we don't have 60 votes"...from THEIR side.

Started soon after the civil war and has continued for decades.