Time to scrap the AA logo and bring back TWA ?

Barfbag

Veteran
Oct 30, 2006
Sometimes an old house, just needs a new coat of paint to bring it back to life. AMR owns a great Aviation name... Use it.

Reactions: 3 people
Let it rest. TWA is gone. Any attempt to bring it back would be an exercise in futility, and it wouldn't be TWA.

AA has a legacy just as proud as TWA's and it can regain the stature it once had. We need a settlement with the pilots so we can get on with it.

MK

Reactions: 5 people
Sometimes an old house, just needs a new coat of paint to bring it back to life. AMR owns a great Aviation name... Use it.
Not this TWA crap again. Besides the fake BK filing, I think we can all agree AA managements biggest blunder to date was the purchase of TWA.....for your side and ours. I would rather gargle cat urine than to relive those horrid days at work again. Go away....far away....to your TWA fantasy island.

Reactions: 1 person
Not this TWA crap again. Besides the fake BK filing, I think we can all agree AA managements biggest blunder to date was the purchase of TWA.....for your side and ours. I would rather gargle cat urine than to relive those horrid days at work again. Go away....far away....to your TWA fantasy island.
I agree with your TWA comment and I'm exTWA....If you think AA filed for a fake bankruptcy your lost. Do u realize AA was in 20 billion in debt at bankruptcy filing and bleeding through cash.

Renaming it AirCal, RenoAir or American Airways out of the question? How about the 80 airlines that made up American Airways..will their names work?
Dead Topic

Reactions: 1 person
i have always said the only thing aa wanted with twa was are accountants. we had the best accountants in the industry. name one other airline that could stay in business and never make a profit in 20 years? our accountants could make trump look broke, lol. and it didnt take them long to make aa look broke, lol.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree with your TWA comment and I'm exTWA....If you think AA filed for a fake bankruptcy your lost. Do u realize AA was in 20 billion in debt at bankruptcy filing and bleeding through cash.
Lost you say? Bleeding through cast because of a failed business plan...which is what " kick the can down the road" ? Pull Together Win Together? Blowing a mountain of bloody cash on failed TWA then scraping most of it? Yeah...lost.
Management wanted more life altering concessions to cover these and other management failures, the employee bricks refused, so dial up the BK judge and force it. Stop those pensions, bust the unions....scrap the contracts. Very simple. Follow The Lorenzo Plan, they even hired his right hand man to be the BK adviser.
Only problem is, the hard nose plan is backfiring. Negative press daily, making the late night monologue on Leno all week....ouch. Pissed off public,even more pissed off employees, and a management team that is.....ah yes..lost. Chapter 7 will be coming next....what a shame.

Lost you say? Bleeding through cast because of a failed business plan...which is what " kick the can down the road" ? Pull Together Win Together? Blowing a mountain of bloody cash on failed TWA then scraping most of it? Yeah...lost.
Management wanted more life altering concessions, the employee bricks refused, so dial up the BK judge and force it. Stop those pensions, bust the unions....scrap the contracts.
Only problem is, the hard nose plan is backfiring. Negative press daily, making the late night monologue on Leno all week....ouch. Pissed off public, pissed off employees, and a management team that is.....ah yes..lost. Chapter 7 will be coming next....what a shame.
You got that right. Remember when the LBO didn't go through and all the US Air BS? Then US Air strikes a deal with the unions and AA stated "we are exploring alternernative strategic strategizes." What do you think that was? What would make the BofD, stake holders and management the most money in the end? It sure as hell isn't a merger. Chp 7/liquidation, that's what. If the Judge didn't toss the contracts chp 7 was next. Don't fool yourself and think they wouldn't because they have money in the bank. You/we are just a number to them that cost them money. It's all about the money in the end. The TWU is no different, all about the money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_IU6YnwazI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Cute!----- Let a dead hourse ligh!------ The TWA employees have been taking the brunt of your lay-offs since AA first took control, and continues to! ------- But this time arround looks like the last of them will be gone. The end of a once proud Airline!----- And don't let anyone tell you any differant, it's people are the Airline! That's one thing AA's managent haven't figured out!

Could, but they don't remember who/what TWA was. It only lives on in the heads of it's former employees.

PanAm and TWA will always be remembered as service giants in the airline business. Both serving kings of industry and TWA every Catholic Pope since Aviation started.

JFK Terminal 5, is a monument to the workers of TWA and their airline they served, still.

The average bonehead buying a seat online today cares only about price, not brand loyalty.

Still a fresh coat of paint could cover some of the stench created these past six months at AA.

Reactions: 2 people