time to start a card drive to eliminate the association

dfw gen

Veteran
Dec 1, 2011
its time to start a card drive and eliminate the association. since the IAM is not interested in showing up to support us let give them parity with us. its clear from what dougie said that the problem is two unions lets start this now. maybe that will motivate them to stand up. if not what do we have to lose? nothing we have nothing already.

I’m ready! Worse union I have ever been in! Lyersand thieves . Asked union guy about negotiations and said what is going on . Told me the company offered 7% increase in pay over the next contract. He could not tell me more . He said they signed basically a gag order. BS

I thought the Association to be a bad idea from the beginning, as there to be huge differences in the respective unions CBAs and overall philosophy of leads vs crew chiefs. While I have never been a huge fan of the IAM, the more I am learning of the TWU the less comfortable I am becoming in light of CC abuses. If a manager becomes problematic, there are means to file grievances, but what protections from CC's besides buying them lunch?

I’ll sign a card let’s do it
So I am guessing you guys want just the TWU, over the SWA land I am hearing outside of Dallas the guys want something to vote on. I am not saying they would take anything, they just want to see a T/A. AMFA local 18 , out of Houston, has replaced their ALR, so we will see, no scheduled new talks yet.

upload_2018-1-26_6-14-17.png

Was just handed this yesterday.

So I am guessing you guys want just the TWU, over the SWA land I am hearing outside of Dallas the guys want something to vote on. I am not saying they would take anything, they just want to see a T/A. AMFA local 18 , out of Houston, has replaced their ALR, so we will see, no scheduled new talks yet.
I want amfa are similar.no afl/cio one where we choose the elected officials not just on the local Level and be able to recall them at will

Reactions: swamt
Guys.....

You know I wish you luck. I really do. But this "rinse and repeat" tactic that never seems to come to fruition is starting to get embarrassing.... for you.

An outsiders view.

It would be nice to get rid of our current representation. But we have too many sheep. Sad.

It would be nice to get rid of our current representation. But we have too many sheep. Sad.
Not just the sheep. The minute another card drive starts, the IAM would tell its member they would lose their IAM pension. That's all it would take to squash the idea the IAM.

Not just the sheep. The minute another card drive starts, the IAM would tell its member they would lose their IAM pension. That's all it would take to squash the idea the IAM.

Yes, disinformation is great for the unions as a tool to create unwanted fear. But that's only for the uninformed.

On a side note. Recently it was announced that our current Local 591 president was given an International position to "work on different issues and projects". It's my belief that the TWU does not give International positions to rabble rousers. So with that, is he really fighting tooth and nail for us, or is he fighting just enough to appease the sheep and not piss off the TWU. Just food for thought.

Bring it on!

How long until Sito issues a statement “urging the membership to remain strong and support their negotiating committee”?

Josh

It would be the smartest thing you could ever do as a work-group. Go to in an house association, charge zero or just minimal dues. You would not only quickly get a deal but you would have lots of flexibility going forward to address most any issue that your members want addressed.

Last edited:

Latest posts