time to start a card drive to eliminate the association

I'm all for it. Better yet even no union at all. Ohhh so scary I know. I've watched the last few years go by with nothing substantial by the IAM, TWU or the ASS. Doug and team gives out pay raises when they feel its right NEVER by any unions hand and the whole industry changing merger domino effect was started by him. They pay industry wages and industry work rules with or without union representation.

Last edited:
I'm all for it. Better yet even no union at all. Ohhh so scary I know. I've watched the last few years go by with nothing substantial by the IAM, TWU or the ASS. Doug and team gives out pay raises when they feel its right NEVER by any unions hand and the whole industry changing merger domino effect was started by him. They pay industry wages and industry work rules with or without union representation.
Perfect example is Delta airlines, we with unions finally get a raise, Delta if times are good, just hands money out. Unions are fine, I always looked at them, as you would hiring a lawyer, or agent, you pay them to bring you a contract. As a lead I have some good mechanics on my crew, and then I have a couple that I don't see how they passed probation, they are lazy and can barely put oil in an Engine, or change a tire. But as a union member, I can't fire them, so I am stuck with them.

Perfect example is Delta airlines, we with unions finally get a raise, Delta if times are good, just hands money out. Unions are fine, I always looked at them, as you would hiring a lawyer, or agent, you pay them to bring you a contract. As a lead I have some good mechanics on my crew, and then I have a couple that I don't see how they passed probation, they are lazy and can barely put oil in an Engine, or change a tire. But as a union member, I can't fire them, so I am stuck with them.

I know I have worked under my share of leads that weren't worth a damn.
A card drive might light a fire under some union officials that aren't worth a damn.

View attachment 12426

Was just handed this yesterday.

I like the Idea; however, at this stage of negotiations - not a good idea. Pretty much down to scope now. Trying to save facilities maintenance and stores from going the way of building cleaners. That, and limiting heavy check aircraft maintenance outsourcing.

I like the Idea; however, at this stage of negotiations - not a good idea. Pretty much down to scope now. Trying to save facilities maintenance and stores from going the way of building cleaners. That, and limiting heavy check aircraft maintenance outsourcing.

Are they going to require having A&P License?
I can confirm the Wide Body part. The MRO that worked these Aircraft
has poor work after the MRO are being required back to Tulsa
for our guys to repair. At 737 TULE approximately 20 mechanics from places like
Interiors etc. are being moved.

Zero dues is a suicide move, but you already know that.

Yeah, in your case that would be:
-Maintaing your full DOH even though by any objective unemotional standard PMDL should have had you stapled or something along the lines of Kasher at major PMDL stations
-Maintaining employment in your small “stuck in the middle” Midwest line station mostly served by DCI (Delta Connection Inc) aircraft
-Real base pay increases exceeding 50% since the transaction closed
-Substantial annual profit sharing payouts (so much so AFA-CWA made an appeal to DL management in 2011 they include PM-NW F/As while stil filing interference charges and election result of decertification was ultimately upheld)
-Transitioning from the IAMNPF to a 401K with a generous company match (in your own words you’ve described as “worker empowerment”) and expressed a desire for the IAM to move away from the IAMNPF and bargain for employee choice and solid matches
-Working for a larger, well run, well capitalized, stable carrier

Enough with the hyperbole, there surely would be no shortage of takers working under UGE or McGee IAM CBAs to trade places with you so you could get a few “In Unity” and “Fraternally Yours” IAM bulletins and enjoy the “protection” and clear “processes” you think the IAM CBAs provide. Your insensitivity towards families and individuals with mental illness who have may considered suicide or dealt with suicide is sickening.

Josh

I have a couple that I don't see how they passed probation, they are lazy and can barely put oil in an Engine, or change a tire. But as a union member, I can't fire them, so I am stuck with them.
That is my biggest complaint about UNIONs. A company needs to "flush the toilet" once in a while and get rid of all the turds.

Yes, disinformation is great for the unions as a tool to create unwanted fear. But that's only for the uninformed.

On a side note. Recently it was announced that our current Local 591 president was given an International position to "work on different issues and projects". It's my belief that the TWU does not give International positions to rabble rousers. So with that, is he really fighting tooth and nail for us, or is he fighting just enough to appease the sheep and not piss off the TWU. Just food for thought.
That is exactly what both the TWU and the IAM did during the AMFA drives, and they will do it again.