Tip your hat to Bill O'Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

777 fixer

Veteran
Jul 21, 2004
I think EVERYONE here can agree with that.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/oreilly-marine-funeral-protesters/2010/03/30/id/354287

Reactions: 1 person
Now, that's class. Even as a pinko-liberal defender of the 1st Amendment, I was appalled at the protests by that "church"--not only the venue for their protests but some of the things they said during the protest. They seem to have forgotten the 2nd half of the great Commandment--that you love one another.

I am glad someone stepped up to pay the tab but I am glad the decision was overturned on appeal. I know the decision was not a popular one but I agree with the premise of it. As abhorrent as the decision is, their free speech must be respected.

I think this is the best way to combat these num-nuts from Westboro Baptist Church. I just ordered my patch.

To me the Westboro protests PROVE that we need to have the evidence tested by the Supreme Court.

To me the protests sould much like they meet the definition put forth by Oliver Wendall Holmes in Yelling FIRE in a crowded theater NOT being free speech. A ruling by the Supremes would be most helpful

I am glad someone stepped up to pay the tab but I am glad the decision was overturned on appeal. I know the decision was not a popular one but I agree with the premise of it. As abhorrent as the decision is, their free speech must be respected.

I think this is the best way to combat these num-nuts from Westboro Baptist Church. I just ordered my patch.

Your were glad this decision was overturned on appeal and free speech was protected? Yet you took issue with the recent supreme court decision (Citizens United) that protected free (political) speech via business's and corporations?

Seems odd to me.

I think EVERYONE here can agree with that.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/oreilly-marine-funeral-protesters/2010/03/30/id/354287
I watch Oreilly regularly, and remember him reporting this very well. These people are LOONS!!!!!... another bunch to make religion look bad.....but, have their right to free speech, and the courts will decide as they may. Kudos to Mr Oreilly for sticking with this story, and standing up for his principles.

Actually I think this one is beyond anyone's ability to avoid personal insults or attacks....

With due respect to my moderating colleague I think we'll say goodbye to this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts