To Amfa's Shame

Its a simple question that should not have been asked. Apparently your the only one that doesn't know here. Feeling the water...right, sounds to me like your drowning in it. :unsure:

It is a simple question that should have been asked. If one threatens a wildcat strike shouldn't one know what it is? Union workers follow their unions to ridiculous ends. Who could possibly have enough influence to lead an entire work force against the company and the union? I am simply trying to put everything into perspective here.

It is a simple question that should have been asked. If one threatens a wildcat strike shouldn't one know what it is? Union workers follow their unions to ridiculous ends. Who could possibly have enough influence to lead an entire work force against the company and the union? I am simply trying to put everything into perspective here.
Definitions of Wildcat Strike on the Web:

A spontaneous and short-lived work stoppage, not authorized by the union. It is usually a reaction to a specific problem in the workplace, rather than a planned strike action. ;)

i told you once, i aint gonna tell you again pto, i will not be quiet. i ahev been in the airline world for over 7 yrs now and i know what I am talking about what part of that do you not understand

I wouldn’t have said that here if I were you Robbed, my ten years, soon to be eleven, doesn't mean sh!t to these guys. I guess your seven isn't worth the squat.

Thank you local, now that we all know what a wildcat strike is, Robbed, who do you know with the leadership abilities that can orchestrate such a strike?

A wildcat strike at NWA is not going to happen and even if it is attempted it will not work. What so many dont understand is NWA new work force, you see someone who has been a contractor has a different view of work. For example if it needs done it gets done, there is none of the "its not my job" garbage. Mechs who have been contractors will not just sit around and let a hanger get filthy nor will they sit around while apu's dont get connected or planes dont get marshaled in. If it needs done, DO IT, whos job it is, is actually irrelevant when it comes down to the work getting done. The apu doesnt care who connects it, the hanger doesnt care who cleans it, the plane doesnt care who marshals it it, just as long as it is done. I know you guys are going to have plenty of nasty comments about this statement. Oh well....

As for the retreads comments about "getting rid of us one scab at a time" I have heard this too, geez guess we all have heard this. It wont work, the great plan by the retreads is to bring enough of them back to vote in the IAM I guess these guys just cant wait to give away their money. It wont work and its not going to happen, the new sheriff at the hangers guthrie seems to be a pretty good guy but the hangers have one major union problem left a. hunt, but he is digging his own grave and pretty soon managment will see that, hope it is sooner than later.

Then Read boy!!!! Start out with this 'Cods;
http://keyword.netscape.com/ns/boomframe.j...D1-0517583305-0

Maybe this book will wake you up, it has alot of "perspectives".

the problem is PTO is that anti union people like you think you know it all. How many yrs do you have in the AIRLINE BUSINESS? The last I heard was that you have only been with NWA since August. To me that aint hardly enough experience.

A wildcat strike at NWA is not going to happen and even if it is attempted it will not work. What so many dont understand is NWA new work force, you see someone who has been a contractor has a different view of work. For example if it needs done it gets done, there is none of the "its not my job" garbage. Mechs who have been contractors will not just sit around and let a hanger get filthy nor will they sit around while apu's dont get connected or planes dont get marshaled in. If it needs done, DO IT, whos job it is, is actually irrelevant when it comes down to the work getting done. The apu doesnt care who connects it, the hanger doesnt care who cleans it, the plane doesnt care who marshals it it, just as long as it is done. I know you guys are going to have plenty of nasty comments about this statement. Oh well....

As for the retreads comments about "getting rid of us one scab at a time" I have heard this too, geez guess we all have heard this. It wont work, the great plan by the retreads is to bring enough of them back to vote in the IAM I guess these guys just cant wait to give away their money. It wont work and its not going to happen, the new sheriff at the hangers guthrie seems to be a pretty good guy but the hangers have one major union problem left a. hunt, but he is digging his own grave and pretty soon managment will see that, hope it is sooner than later.

Opie, you better hope the pilots or the F/A's don't wildcat (the iam wouldn't ever), if they even strike your scab days are finished!!! You will be back at Pimpco or whatever hole you came from. Scab Air is tetering on the edge, and it won't take much (like a real bad upcoming 4th quarter) to push it over. Dougie Stealin' seems bent on pissing the rest of the NWA employee's off, its looking like an Eastern all over again.

Since you scabs are not only "mechanics" (term used very loosely), but janitors, rampers, supervisors, guidemen, bootlickers, a$$kissers, rats, pre-work breakfast beer testers, and cowards. You scabs must work 20 hour shifts! You know however, no matter what you do, no matter how hard you work, or how many management boots you tongue polish, it won't ever be enough. NWA rogue management is running the airline into the ground, and you can't stop it. Work yourself to the bone, it will never be enough.

The laughable thought of the iam coming back to NWA is just to damn funny. Come back to what? Failing Scab Air? Priceless.....
:up: :rolleyes: :up: :rolleyes:

Opie did you know that Southwest Airlines is the most unionized and successful airline flying in history?. (as far as profits go) I will surmise that shoots holes into your anti-union rhetoric, even the mechanics are AMFA. SWA is also bringing work back in house, because its better controled and higher quality.

Is that your experienced opinion Cods? NWA airlines could not stand a pilot or F/A strike, not in the condition NWA is presently in with 65,000 creditors heading to BK court.

Now that your a semi-permement scab, hopefully you will be around for the ride down. ;)

Welcome back Opus. Where have you been?

"retreads"? I haven't heard that one, give us the scoop.

Thank you PTO, we have been getting the house together, unpacking and new furniture ect, and had alot of the family up for Thanksgiving ect ect. Had most of the kids here and it was nice although we are trying to get one of our sons to move here with us and out of the midwest. The midwest is basically culturally challenged and he would be much happier finishing college here.

Opie, you better hope the pilots or the F/A's don't wildcat (the iam wouldn't ever), if they even strike your scab days are finished!!! You will be back at Pimpco or whatever hole you came from. Scab Air is tetering on the edge, and it won't take much (like a real bad upcoming 4th quarter) to push it over. Dougie Stealin' seems bent on pissing the rest of the NWA employee's off, its looking like an Eastern all over again.

Since you scabs are not only "mechanics" (term used very loosely), but janitors, rampers, supervisors, guidemen, bootlickers, a$$kissers, rats, pre-work breakfast beer testers, and cowards. You scabs must work 20 hour shifts! You know however, no matter what you do, no matter how hard you work, or how many management boots you tongue polish, it won't ever be enough. NWA rogue management is running the airline into the ground, and you can't stop it. Work yourself to the bone, it will never be enough.

The laughable thought of the iam coming back to NWA is just to damn funny. Come back to what? Failing Scab Air? Priceless.....
:up: :rolleyes: :up: :rolleyes:

Opie did you know that Southwest Airlines is the most unionized and successful airline flying in history?. (as far as profits go) I will surmise that shoots holes into your anti-union rhetoric, even the mechanics are AMFA. SWA is also bringing work back in house, because its better controled and higher quality.

#1. I have never and would never work at Pemco.
#2. If the stews strike it would be sad, but they are replaceable.
#3. I dont think the pilots will strike because they understand their power comes into play when the bk is over and NWA is out of bk then they have all the power back in their corner and they are not dumb they know that.
#4. I do not now nor have I ever worked 20 hour shifts, I dont even work 12 hour shifts, sorry you are so ill informed.
#5. The IAM is not laughable it is frightening because they would have too much of a power base at NWA and besides it is not the replacement mechs plan it is the previously unionized mechs plan. I was merely stating it certainly not condoning it.
#6. Southwest Airlines is the most profitable for various reasons some of which include overbooking to an outrageous point and treating their customers like garbage. I know you probably dont understand it but alot of the "profitabliity" is basically how the books are done i.e. depreciation of fixed assets ect. what is reported as profitabliity is rarely the true indication of how an airline or any business is doing financially.