To The Awa Stock Holders

Status
Not open for further replies.
justaumechanic said:
Vote NO. Save your investment, save your airline.
[post="294500"][/post]​

Just today Mr. Parker reiterated how important the merger is to both airlines.

You never have anything good to say, you just throw barbs from the sideline because you are a nebbish. Get a life.

barbeetantrums said:
What is a nebbish? :huh:
[post="294615"][/post]​

Word of the Day for Monday October 20, 2003
nebbish \NEB-ish\, noun:
A weak-willed, timid, or ineffectual person.

You used to be a nebbish, a noodle, a fool
And now you're Mr. Big Time with your own private pool.
--Maira Kalman, Max in Hollywood, Baby

Poor Humphrey is a nebbish, a fellow whose private passivity is intended to contrast with the dramatic historic events that sweep around him.
--Mason Buck, review of The Red Cabbage Cafe, by Jonathan Treitel, New York Times, February 3, 1991

He is a nebbish who might be played effectively by Woody Allen. He attracts the sympathy of lower-echelon mammals but finds it difficult to relate to dogs and human beings.
--Evan Hunter, "American Mayhem, Soviet Intrigue," New York Times, October 9, 1983

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nebbish is from Yiddish nebekh, "poor, unfortunate," of Slavic origin.

Dictionary.com Entry and Pronunciation for nebbish

Spoken like someone who is interested in only saving his job!!
Nebbish is Pittsburgh Talk.

Go stalk on your own board. That message was for the AWA people not you. And furloughed is not on my list of things done to me at US Airways. Had I stayed I would still be employed and crying about my seniority and how it's not fair to integrate the AWA people, DOH only, whaaaa.. I would be just like you.

AWA people are saving your job and all you can think about is a way to make sure they are put at the bottom because you have been with US for so long. Get a life will you. If it were not for Doug and his big pile of investors you would be on the street right now begging to cross the picket line at NWA..

N924PS said:
Just today Mr. Parker reiterated how important the merger is to both airlines.

You never have anything good to say, you just throw barbs from the sideline because you are a nebbish. Get a life.
[post="294596"][/post]​

justaumechanic said:
Spoken like someone who is interested in only saving his job!!
Nebbish is Pittsburgh Talk.

[post="294636"][/post]​

I'm originally from the Pittsburgh area and I have NEVER heard anyone say "nebbish". I have heard the terms "spineless worm" and "a turd with eyes" in Pittsburgh but never "nebbish". Must be one of those things they say in Squirrel Hill.

ummmmm.. TPG (Texas Pac Group) has 52% voting power and they have aleady said they are voting for it. Vote all the 'no's' you want, it will still happen by mear math.

and what a grub....thpppppt!

Clearly you are not from the Pittsburgh area if you never heard the term "Nebbin".. Very common.. You must be from the "other" Pittsburgh area.

As for spineless.. I guess you never hear the term "D#$& with feet".. Just an opinion.

I call it like I see it. If you are a US Airways employee you are concerned about one thing, yourself. I hear it all the time and I can remember not to long ago when the Rumor was "We are buying AWA and everyone said why, what do they have to offer us".. Now you know.. Survival. And people like you would kick them out without hesitation and smile while your doing it. OH WELL..

barbeetantrums said:
I'm originally from the Pittsburgh area and I have NEVER heard anyone say "nebbish". I have heard the terms "spineless worm" and "a turd with eyes" in Pittsburgh but never "nebbish". Must be one of those things they say in Squirrel Hill.
[post="294642"][/post]​

justaumechanic said:
Clearly you are not from the Pittsburgh area if you never heard the term "Nebbin".. Very common.. You must be from the "other" Pittsburgh area.

As for spineless.. I guess you never hear the term "D#$& with feet".. Just an opinion.

I call it like I see it. If you are a US Airways employee you are concerned about one thing, yourself. I hear it all the time and I can remember not to long ago when the Rumor was "We are buying AWA and everyone said why, what do they have to offer us".. Now you know.. Survival. And people like you would kick them out without hesitation and smile while your doing it. OH WELL..
[post="294825"][/post]​

Dear Turd With Eyes,
All I said was that I never heard the word "nebbish". Never heard "nebbin" before, either. And if you read my postings, you would see that I am an AWA employee. Whatever motivated that personal attack on me is beyond me.
PS F--k you.

How exactly do I know you are an AWA employee? Nothing in your post tells anyone that.. If you were from PIT you would know what nebbin is. Having been born and raised in Moontownship PA and knowing clearly what nebbin is I would say you are a big fat liar.. Or would that be big fat Bi#$H!!

Oh and get back on topic. Vote yes.. Send your career and your airline down the toilet.. Its your choice. We will all laugh when you are displaced by an incoming US Airways employee.. Don't feel bad though, your AWA stock that is worth 29% of the new US stock will be your severance.. Doug will shake your hand and say "thanks but buh bye".

barbeetantrums said:
Well, I don't think that jerk is from Pittsburgh. Pittsburghers have more class than that.
[post="294926"][/post]​

Status
Not open for further replies.