Today's American Capitalism = Deregulation & the race to the bottom

Tinkerbell

May 1, 2012
Read this one
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...-flawed-maintenance-program-article-1.3943751

All these airlines are Being ran By Guys who really believe That American Aircraft mechanics are nothing more than Over paid under worked knuckle dragers protected by Union's and the Railroad labor act and are the Scum of the earth!

They believe that anyone can do the work all they care about is flying the plane.

I can tell you with 30 years of experience there are far to many individuals working on today's planes right now here in the USA who have no business working on a Bicycle let alone an Airliner fling at 38k feet at 500 mph! And They ship them to Third world country's???

Me Personally I want the Fatest laziest airline mechanics I can find working the terminal and I will tell you why! A lazy ass Is Smart! He wants to go back to sitting on his Brain watching TV he knows how to fix stuff faster so he can go back to sitting on his brain!
When he cant fix it fast He has lots of job seniority under his belt and his job is protected by a Union so he isn't afraid to tell the Boss to go pack sand its broke It cant fly today and it needs to go to the hangar to be fixed right! As the work goes beyond his scope as a Line Maintenance mechanic.

Looking Back at My own 30 year career I can Tell you I didn't know squat when I got my licenses they were nothing more than a License to learn! I was a talented little jerk and I knew my way around a wrench and I was fast at fixing things and learning new skills and systems my employers liked that so I was kept on the line, I have seen many come and go its not a job for everyone its a very stressful job.

The Hangar is No different its not for every one I hate Hangar work myself its mundane its repetitive Its inside where the aircraft are repaired and Overhauled BUT Its also Just as important as line maintenance!
Without Guys doing the work right in the Hangar I cant do my job as a Line maintenance mechanic! My Trust is Broken in the chain of maintenance when planes are Overhauled and repaired by others who arnt my brother Union employees I begin to question the Other guy's ability's and what hes done to the aircraft. Gone are the days of trust!

CEO's, Boards of Directors of these Multi national corporations just don't get it.
There quest in Building Walmart's of the Sky's with too many of the cheapest seats crammed into a tube as they can get in there race to the bottom is now without me and without out thousands of others who have quietly Quit and left the industry Plagued by Bankruptcy's, Mergers, Layoffs, working nights, working weekends, working all of the Holidays & low wages with no pensions.

Deregulation has destroyed the industry and Thousands upon thousands of family's lives Its been great for the All mighty American consumer though you can now Fly anywhere you want cheaper than you can drive take a boat or a train! all on the Backs of the American Blue collar worker who's too meek to take a stand themselves they put their trust in Union leaders who are in bed with the company's doing the company's dirty work giving away jobs and benefits in worthless concessionary contracts so they can get a cushy hi paying management job.

This is American Capitalism at its finest after all!

In memory of Jennifer Riordan I ask all A&P mechanics to contact your lawmakers demand an End Airline Deregulation! NO airline should be forced into Outsourcing Aircraft Maintenance in an effort to cut costs! Enough is enough its time to put an end to the Madness!
It doesn't matter if Outsourcing is to blame for Jennifer's death or not!

The fact of the matter is It costs Money too keep Airplanes in the sky cutting corners, Out sourcing, Doing it cheaper by unlicensed mechanics isn't the answer to Airline management budget problems.
Forcing airlines to compete in aircraft maintenance shouldn't NEVER be part of the plan.

Its time the Government took control over Airfare seat prices once again.

Its time to March on Washington!
Its time Professionals such as yourselves demand an end to the madness!

Your Union is not going to do it for you!

WOW, see a therapist and BTW almost everything you believe is not true.
I also don't think it helps your case to complain about out sourcing and than say many mechanics now are unqualified.

Read this one
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...-flawed-maintenance-program-article-1.3943751

All these airlines are Being ran By Guys who really believe That American Aircraft mechanics are nothing more than Over paid under worked knuckle dragers protected by Union's and the Railroad labor act and are the Scum of the earth!

They believe that anyone can do the work all they care about is flying the plane.

I can tell you with 30 years of experience there are far to many individuals working on today's planes right now here in the USA who have no business working on a Bicycle let alone an Airliner fling at 38k feet at 500 mph! And They ship them to Third world country's???

Me Personally I want the Fatest laziest airline mechanics I can find working the terminal and I will tell you why! A lazy ass Is Smart! He wants to go back to sitting on his Brain watching TV he knows how to fix stuff faster so he can go back to sitting on his brain!
When he cant fix it fast He has lots of job seniority under his belt and his job is protected by a Union so he isn't afraid to tell the Boss to go pack sand its broke It cant fly today and it needs to go to the hangar to be fixed right! As the work goes beyond his scope as a Line Maintenance mechanic.

Looking Back at My own 30 year career I can Tell you I didn't know squat when I got my licenses they were nothing more than a License to learn! I was a talented little jerk and I knew my way around a wrench and I was fast at fixing things and learning new skills and systems my employers liked that so I was kept on the line, I have seen many come and go its not a job for everyone its a very stressful job.

The Hangar is No different its not for every one I hate Hangar work myself its mundane its repetitive Its inside where the aircraft are repaired and Overhauled BUT Its also Just as important as line maintenance!
Without Guys doing the work right in the Hangar I cant do my job as a Line maintenance mechanic! My Trust is Broken in the chain of maintenance when planes are Overhauled and repaired by others who arnt my brother Union employees I begin to question the Other guy's ability's and what hes done to the aircraft. Gone are the days of trust!

CEO's, Boards of Directors of these Multi national corporations just don't get it.
There quest in Building Walmart's of the Sky's with too many of the cheapest seats crammed into a tube as they can get in there race to the bottom is now without me and without out thousands of others who have quietly Quit and left the industry Plagued by Bankruptcy's, Mergers, Layoffs, working nights, working weekends, working all of the Holidays & low wages with no pensions.

Deregulation has destroyed the industry and Thousands upon thousands of family's lives Its been great for the All mighty American consumer though you can now Fly anywhere you want cheaper than you can drive take a boat or a train! all on the Backs of the American Blue collar worker who's too meek to take a stand themselves they put their trust in Union leaders who are in bed with the company's doing the company's dirty work giving away jobs and benefits in worthless concessionary contracts so they can get a cushy hi paying management job.

This is American Capitalism at its finest after all!

In memory of Jennifer Riordan I ask all A&P mechanics to contact your lawmakers demand an End Airline Deregulation! NO airline should be forced into Outsourcing Aircraft Maintenance in an effort to cut costs! Enough is enough its time to put an end to the Madness!
It doesn't matter if Outsourcing is to blame for Jennifer's death or not!

The fact of the matter is It costs Money too keep Airplanes in the sky cutting corners, Out sourcing, Doing it cheaper by unlicensed mechanics isn't the answer to Airline management budget problems.
Forcing airlines to compete in aircraft maintenance shouldn't NEVER be part of the plan.

Its time the Government took control over Airfare seat prices once again.

Its time to March on Washington!
Its time Professionals such as yourselves demand an end to the madness!

Your Union is not going to do it for you!
Hate to tell you, Capitalism is the reason for deregulation, so is lazy fat Airline mechanics.We have people I have on the line that somehow made it through probation protected by our union, about the only thing they can do on the line is put oil in, and change a light bulb. I had to relied on my heavy hitters to get the planes turned.

Hero or Zero.......It all pays the same!

And it is the obvious failure of management to manage, not the union, that results in the amount of useless "Team Members" at AA.

Viva la SLUGS!

Last edited:
Reactions: B737 driver
Hero or Zero.......It all pays the same!

And it is the obvious failure of management to manage, not the union, that results in the amount of useless "Team Members" at AA.

Viva la SLUGS!
You pretty much hit the nail on the head. The problem with a UNION job is yes.... it does all pay the same regardless of skill or productivity.

You are also right that the high concentration of useless "team members" is a direct result of lazy management.

When both the UNION and company are doing their part there is balance and the system works. Unfortunately the company seems unmotivated to get rid of career parasites.

No.

What they (the company) believe is they don't like paying the high cost of labor (your in the top 10 percent) for what THEY consider, at best, a semi skilled job.

49-3011 Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians
10% $17.32
25%
$23.41
50% $29.34
75%
$36.48
90% $44.27

However the government sees your job as skilled (see link), despite mechanics on this very forum who say otherwise.

http://www.amfanational.org/?zone=/unionactive/view_article.cfm&HomeID=657345&page=About20AMFA

This is where it gets a little tricky. Although the DOL no longer classifies occupations with a skilled, semi-skilled, or unskilled title, the SVP score could impact you and directly correlates to classifications used by the Social Security Administration (SSA) when making disability determinations. Their classifications are -- you guessed it-- skilled, semi-skilled, and unskilled. An SVP score of 1-2 falls into the unskilled category, 3-4 indicates semi-skilled work, while a SVP score of 5-9 means that the job is considered skilled (Laurence).

So where do AMT’s fall? According to Occupational Information Network (O*NET) the majority of our craft is designated in Job Zone 3 with a SVP range of 6-<7, placing us firmly in the highest designation of “skilled” work (onetonline.org).

I confirmed myself the SVP score at this time is 6-<7.

https://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/49-3011.00

Not bad considering 9 is the top score.

SVP 1 - Short demonstration only
SVP 2 - Anything beyond short demonstration up to and including 1 month
SVP 3 - Over 1 month up to and including 3 months
SVP 4 - Over 3 months up to and including 6 months
SVP 5 - Over 6 months up to and including 1 year
SVP 6 - Over 1 year up to and including 2 years <<<<<<<<<<< you are here
SVP 7 - Over 2 years up to and including 4 years <<<<<<<<<<< you are here
SVP 8 - Over 4 years up to and including 10 years
SVP 9 - Over 10 years

Last edited:
WOW!!!!
What a Bunch of WORTHLESS BUNCH OF MANAGEMENT A HOLES!!!!
This THREAD had NOTHING to do with any one! OR any ONE airline! Mechanic! in particular!
IT had every thing to do with ONE PASSENGER in Particular!

AND YOU ALL DISCREDIT HER LIFE !!!!!!
By NOT agreeing with me keeping silent OR speaking against me THAT THERE IS NO PROBLEM!

She was a Passenger on any plane and she gave her life up for it because airlines want cheaper over hauls plain and simple.

and You all want to just discredit her Life and my post as a simply BLOW IT OFF oh who cares deal ????

F U !

This woman deserves better! Her family deserves better! Her Kids deserve better! AMERICANS flying on ANY airline deserve better! Our planes deserve better!

If you wanna discredit me? Fine go for it! BUT You better have something better to say!
Too those too Limpy to speak your mind, I hope your Night mares get you!
Because they are going too! I sleep well at Night. I am not a Chicken ****!

I am an Airline Maintenance professional and I am calling for a emergency memorandum with the Government to fix whats wrong ASAP!
before more are hurt or worse! Get off your ass Start a conversation! Call your senator text me !!!

Too discredit me or anyone else is only a sign of weakness and a sign that YOUR part of the problem!

In memory of all the Passengers who gave there lives

I as an A and P mechanic am Trying to make air travel safer for you!

Too any one that discredits my Post I hope you rot in He!!

WOW!!!!
This THREAD had NOTHING to do with any one! OR any ONE airline! Mechanic! in particular!

By NOT agreeing with me keeping silent OR speaking against me THAT THERE IS NO PROBLEM!

She was a Passenger on any plane and she gave her life up for it because airlines want cheaper over hauls plain and simple.

and You all want to just discredit her Life and my post as a simply BLOW IT OFF oh who cares deal ????

F U !

This woman deserves better! Her family deserves better! Her Kids deserve better! AMERICANS flying on ANY airline deserve better! Our planes deserve better!

If you wanna discredit me? Fine go for it! BUT You better have something better to say!

I am an Airline Maintenance professional and I am calling for a emergency memorandum with the Government to fix whats wrong ASAP!
before more are hurt or worse! Get off your ass Start a conversation! Call your senator text me !!!

Too discredit me or anyone else is only a sign of weakness and a sign that YOUR part of the problem!

Let's back that down to an 11 OK.

Tinkerbell doesn't understand cause and effect. Correlation does not imply causation.
From wiki

The third-cause fallacy (also known as ignoring a common cause or questionable cause) is a logical fallacy where a spurious relationship is confused for causation. It asserts that X causes Y when, in reality, X and Y are both caused by Z.

My commentary:
As someone that has audited both in house heavy maintenance and outsource there is little to no difference. Overall the BMVs usually preform a smig higher than in house on the same task, most likely because we watch them more closely and hold them to a higher standard. We can find incidences all day long done in house by union members, you point is meaningless babel! I hope you don't truly believe it and are just a troll.

WOW!!!!

F U !

Give me a break our blade lubes are not contracted out! Also G.E. maintains our engines for SWA in Ohio stupid! People just learned that Titanium doesn't last forever. It does have a life limit, and it failed. This accident has nothing to do with contracted out maintenance. So go F yourself!

Last edited: