Toilet Seat Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
:down: I can't believe there are those who actually are cheering this bonebrain on :down:

He was on a 'Buddy Pass' meaning he paid $0 for his trip. If I'm not mistaking he is on stand-by and is accomodated if a seat is available. The f/a probably should have voiced an opinion on the jumpseat early, that way the BOZO would have watched the aircraft leave without him.

He is a free-pass guest and should be happy even if they tie him to a wing as far as I am concerned. Maybe if he was stranded for a week because there were no seats, would have woke him up. He got lucky to get the toilet because this avoided the mad dash to the airport restrooms whenever a plane lands and is unloaded!

Now the employee that provided him the pass has to live with the ultimate WRONG decision. I hope the lawsuit gets thrown out, or God help all the airlines!

I believe you have missed the point of this case entirely. Regardless of whatever type of ticket this guy was traveling on, from all reports that I have read, this is a case of the passenger being assigned 2E because the pass-riding flight attendant agreed to ride the jumpseat. Once airborne however, the flight attendant informed the captain that she was "uncomfortable." At which point the captain
motioned this passenger out of his seat toward the front of the A/C. The jumpseating flight attendant then took his seat and promptly pretended to fall asleep.

When the male passenger voiced his opposition of being told he couldn't sit on a jumpseat and that he would have to go sit in the lav, the captain inappropriately exerted his authority by informing the male passenger that he was the pilot in command and that it was his aircraft and that he had better obey his demands.

I cannot believe that you think it is okay for a flight crew to threaten, intimidate, and humiliate a passenger who was provided a seat, just because he or she happens to be traveling on a non-revenue ticket. And just because someone is traveling non-revenue doesn't mean that dehumanizing behavior on the part of the crew should be tolerated. Regardless of fare paid, every passenger should be treated with a level of dignity and respect. That appears to not be the case in this situation.

I believe you have missed the point of this case entirely. Regardless of whatever type of ticket this guy was traveling on, from all reports that I have read, this is a case of the passenger being assigned 2E because the pass-riding flight attendant agreed to ride the jumpseat. Once airborne however, the flight attendant informed the captain that she was "uncomfortable." At which point the captain
motioned this passenger out of his seat toward the front of the A/C. The jumpseating flight attendant then took his seat and promptly pretended to fall asleep.

When the male passenger voiced his opposition of being told he couldn't sit on a jumpseat and that he would have to go sit in the lav, the captain inappropriately exerted his authority by informing the male passenger that he was the pilot in command and that it was his aircraft and that he had better obey his demands.

I cannot believe that you think it is okay for a flight crew to threaten, intimidate, and humiliate a passenger who was provided a seat, just because he or she happens to be traveling on a non-revenue ticket. And just because someone is traveling non-revenue doesn't mean that dehumanizing behavior on the part of the crew should be tolerated. Regardless of fare paid, every passenger should be treated with a level of dignity and respect. That appears to not be the case in this situation.

I’m sorry. There is just too much to this story that doesn’t hold water. A flight attendant tells the captain that s/he is uncomfortable and the captain says “ah, tell the pass rider to have a seat in the blue room.â€
I don’t know enough about Jet Blue; however, after the days since 9/11, our pilots do not leave the cockpit for any other reason than to use the lavatory. Other than that the newly fortified cockpit door stays closed with the pilots inside.
So, the pilot leaves the cockpit to listen to a flight attendant whine, argue with a pass rider and ultimately see that he is comfortably seated in the lavatory? We don’t permit anybody in our cabin jump seats except flight attendants holding a valid ID for our airline only.
No crewmember would allow the pilot to get away with this “order,†as it would directly put there own jobs at risk. Last year a crewmember was in the lavatory during push back. The crew did not know she was on board the aircraft and assigned the jumpseat to another flight attendant. The Captain was advised of the circumstances and chose to continue to the runway. Since this incident the Flight Crew and All Flight Attendants including the “lavatory rider†have been terminated.
Before we start calling Jet Blue or any other airline names let’s wait until all the TRUE facts are uncovered.

:down: I can't believe there are those who actually are cheering this bonebrain on :down:

If it does happen and he wins, it will open the door for other frivolous lawsuits for ALL airlines! But who cares, right?

He was on a 'Buddy Pass' meaning he paid $0 for his trip. If I'm not mistaking he is on stand-by and is accomodated if a seat is available. The f/a probably should have voiced an opinion on the jumpseat early, that way the BOZO would have watched the aircraft leave without him.

He is a free-pass guest and should be happy even if they tie him to a wing as far as I am concerned. Maybe if he was stranded for a week because there were no seats, would have woke him up. He got lucky to get the toilet because this avoided the mad dash to the airport restrooms whenever a plane lands and is unloaded!

Now the employee that provided him the pass has to live with the ultimate WRONG decision. I hope the lawsuit gets thrown out, or God help all the airlines!
He was accomodated, he was given a seat, aircraft hits lumpy air while pax is forced to sit in the lav, does not seem so frivolous to me...Just being made to sit in the sh!tter should be grounds for some legal action, how would you feel if you were forced to sit in the dumper while a full cabin load is watching..I have a feelin you would consult a lawyer.

I’m sorry. There is just too much to this story that doesn’t hold water. A flight attendant tells the captain that s/he is uncomfortable and the captain says “ah, tell the pass rider to have a seat in the blue room.â€

As I said previously, I would be curious about any off-duty relationship between this pilot and the whining flight attendant. That's the only explanation I can figure for a captain to pull this stunt.

I don’t know enough about Jet Blue; however, after the days since 9/11, our pilots do not leave the cockpit for any other reason than to use the lavatory. Other than that the newly fortified cockpit door stays closed with the pilots inside.

This is true. But that doesn't mean it didn't happen. It's not like the pilots are tethered to the cockpit or anything, or wear ankle bracelets to report on where in the airplane they are. Leaving the cockpit to "take charge" of a situation like this is just more ammo to use against the pilot. Pilots are not supposed to get directly involved like this in passenger matters while in flight.

We don’t permit anybody in our cabin jump seats except flight attendants holding a valid ID for our airline only.

Our airline has the same rule. Even our own pilots cannot ride on the flight attendant jumpseat. But that doesn't automatically mean it doesn't happen. And, having ridden on a nearly full JetBlue flight, I found out that crew members of other airlines are permitted to ride the flight attendant jumpseat at JetBlue. So, different airlines have different rules.

No crewmember would allow the pilot to get away with this “order,†as it would directly put there own jobs at risk. Last year a crewmember was in the lavatory during push back. The crew did not know she was on board the aircraft and assigned the jumpseat to another flight attendant. The Captain was advised of the circumstances and chose to continue to the runway. Since this incident the Flight Crew and All Flight Attendants including the “lavatory rider†have been terminated.

I agree. Beside this captain being in deep doo-doo, the entire crew AND the deadheading flight attendant involved, have put their jobs in jeopardy by not immediately reporting the captain for making this illegal decision. In the air, the captain is undeniably in charge and must be obeyed. But if the captain orders something illegal, it is an obligation of the crew to report it. The captain has the ultimate authority in flight, but must be ready to stand or fall by any questionable decision after the flight lands. My guess: captain gets fired for egregious violation of FAR; DH flight attendant gets fired going along with the scheme; the rest of the crew gets suspended for a month or so. The FAA will likely issue certificate violations and fines against he entire crew. (This is the downside of flight attendants now being licensed...they can now have their certificate violated and get some hefty fines.)

Before we start calling Jet Blue or any other airline names let’s wait until all the TRUE facts are uncovered.

It's wrong to blame the airline for the really poor judgment of a few of their employees.

Id have to say that it is illegal fro any pax to ride in the lav for any length let alone that long. and id have to say isnt it illlegal for an F/A to ride in the pax seat and throw the pax out of the seat on a full flt

This sounds completly unrealistic. Where are the witnesses? If there were witnesses, they would be lined up infront of CNN's cameras giving there story and expressing their outrage. If the aircraft was to capacity, then other passengers would witnessed this....I'm throwing a BullSh!t flag on the play!

If it does happen and he wins, it will open the door for other frivolous lawsuits for ALL airlines! But who cares, right?

WOW! The Captin that told the NOV-Rev to give up his seat for the Sh*tter wasn't wrong? The Stew that had the Velvet Arse wasn't wrong?

Money aside, how angry would anyone be if they found out this had happen to a family member or friend? Those are usally the people who fly on buddy passes. Geeze!

- - -

This is not a "frivolous lawsuit" regardless of how much he paid for his ticket, the crew did not follow FAA guidelines - - even if the flight attendant jumpseat ended up broken, it was probably safer than the toilet. It is just as illegal either way.

If this man traveled, regardless of how much he paid for his ticket and even if he SNUCK on, the liability still falls on the airport staff whether it is inflight or ground....

If the crew gets away with this and flying on the "dumpseat" turns out to be legal, then that opens up the door WAY MORE for those pax denied boarding on oversales who would have flown on the toilet if allowed.

Shame on that flight attendant , the captain, and the rest of the crew that allowed this to happen. My family members travel on buddy passes, if they are courteous, then they deserve the same respect as paying pax.

The article makes no mention of the buddy pass being ill-behaved.....

If this story is true as reported, Blue has a P.R. mess on it's hands. The buddy passer should be happy with a few space pos. tickets plus an apology from the CEO to walk away. The can is a seat of sorts, and I know of no time limit on can sit there, except for the seat belt sign. Being sent there by the C/O, if true, is a blatant miss use of his position. Blue will deal with him.
I think this will be settled soon. Blue doesn't want this in the NY papers with a trial.

Jet Blue needs to learn the FAA rules. Look at what they were experimenting with the pilots running longer times than permitted. I don't know how many times I flew and had an uncomfortable seat. The FA made a decision to sit in that jumpseat to allow that person to get a seat on the flight. That FA knows what its like to sit in that type of seat, should have had to live with the choice she/he made in the first place. Frivolous Lawsuit I would say this is not, otherwise what is going to stop jetBlue from performing this act with a paying customer.

I stand corrected then if what you say is what REALLY happened. I don't think anybody knows ALL the facts, and maybe the passenger was wronged. I don't believe it is OK for the flight crew to belittle a passenger. I only have dealt with some @$$#O73$ in my time at airports and tend to sympathise with the crew that has to put up with them.

The bottom line is that $2 million is a 'tad' too much for an inconvenience.

To another poster: The people I know who get 'buddy passes' ride for free. If they are charged, then their buddy is making money. At a local AP pub hangout, I won't say what a B6 employee said she would trade a free buddy pass for. Get your head out of the gutter, because it wasn't that!

This is not a "frivolous lawsuit" regardless of how much he paid for his ticket, the crew did not follow FAA guidelines - - even if the flight attendant jumpseat ended up broken, it was probably safer than the toilet. It is just as illegal either way.

If this man traveled, regardless of how much he paid for his ticket and even if he SNUCK on, the liability still falls on the airport staff whether it is inflight or ground....

If the crew gets away with this and flying on the "dumpseat" turns out to be legal, then that opens up the door WAY MORE for those pax denied boarding on oversales who would have flown on the toilet if allowed.

Shame on that flight attendant , the captain, and the rest of the crew that allowed this to happen. My family members travel on buddy passes, if they are courteous, then they deserve the same respect as paying pax.

The article makes no mention of the buddy pass being ill-behaved.....

OK I'm confused...go figure. I thought the crew DID follow guidelines because only CREW are allowed to fly on the 'dumbseat'! I'm not trying to question your assessment, IS, but if I read the article or the previous posts correctly it said that they couldn't allow the pax the jumpseat because FAA requires only employees ride the seat!!!! <_< Maybe there was another fa or crew that may have felt comfortable in the dumbseat????

Airport staff is not Airline staff and a stowaway, by your words, is not the responsibility of the aircraft personnel. Airport security and operations has to take the heat. (I love weasel words!)

The article does not mention a lot of things. Take it from someone who had his words totally distorted by the opinionated media, things can be distorted. Because there is a lawsuit even the media is limited to what they say because they can get sued! Welcome to our lawsuit society.

We don't know the whole story as to what happened. If this lawsuit goes though...and nobody really got hurt...then what's to stop our frivolous lawsuit society from suing...oh let me pull a rabbit out of my hat...US Airways because I was traumatized by a pilot who shot his gun in the cockpit and made me soil my pants????

Not too great when it hits home, huh? :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts