Toilet Seat Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did she want him to do, stand while she slept? F her, opps, maybe the capt did.. :rolleyes:

All this talk about this crap... Listen.... The f/a gave up his/her seat before departing at the gate. No changes should've have been made
for saftey reasons. She and the Pilot should've had more knowledge that perhaps for saftey reasons later in flight that every person should
be in a seat no matter if the seat belt sign is on or off.... I am a flight attendant with UNI and every professional Pilot and Flight Attendant should
know better and know his or her job.. FAA has (FAR) and this was a big NO NO NO.. So how can you say the guy doesn't deserve any cash.
I don't agree he should receive 2 million dollars. Sometimes lawyers are greedy and you know as well as I do. This flight crew should be cited
for allowing this too happen during flight for saftey reasons. Maybe these airlines should start hiring people who follow the rules such as FAA
FAR"S . This will teach Jetblue and other airlines to follow the rules of this game with FAA. FAA is going to fine Jeblue for this and you betcha the flight crew will be charged either fired or written up.
I give this guy thumbs up for going to the FAA and seeking a lawyer. I am sure he was upset having to give up his seat 2E for some crew member who
agrreed at the gate to give it up before departure. You just can't take his seat during inflight and expect him to stand or sit in the LAV.

Now the question is how long is Jetblue going to be in business. It seems they are cutting more planes and flights in 4th quarter. CRUDE OIL-- Getting ready for BK
I guess if employees keep acting like Tom Cruise Jet pilots and pass riding Jumpseat flight attendant moving people around like a supervisor. When you pass ride you are not on duty and the 3 flight attendant on the flight bound for JFK should be in charge in the rear cabin while the pilots are flying the aircraft.
I smell B6 firing some crew members. I feel sorry for the guy who gave the buddy pass away.. Don't give them away even if you collect the tax money. Is it really worth your job.

It's just funny to see all this in the news this week while Jetblue is coming out with HAPPY JETTING! I like Jetblue and never had any problems with the crew
as i pass ride. Some employees take it to a new height. some mind all it's P's and Q's.. Maybe the guy should donate some of that 2 millions dollars to the
guy or girl he recieved the buddy pass from.

The guy in question was a Turk, imagine if he was dark skinned and lurking in the cabin 'while the seatbelt sign was off' ? I'm sure that would have gone over well...hysterical flight attendants telling the guy to return to his seat, and the guy not having a seat to return to because the other FA was "asleep"?

Sleeping beauty should get clipped for "Falling Asleep" as soon as her royal buttocks hit the seat bottom, you don't take the JS and then decide "The jump seat is much too lumpy, I'm staying in this seat." and leave a non qualified JS rider standing around in the cabin.The seat belt sign being off doesn't excuse the behavior.Did you catch the article in the Continental forum about the Q400 that ran into clear air turbulence?

You hit the nail right on it.... I agree.... Isn't funny how flight attendant yell at passenger to get in the seat because the seat belt sign is on? It would be funny if this Jetblue DRAMA hit UTUBE>..... We'd get even a bigger laugh at these crew members feet are kicking worried if or do i still have a job for breaking the FAA FARS rules...

It would win the biggest award.. Sleeping beauty sleeping while the poor guy was in the LAV smelling the crap.

I've given up my seat to take a jumpseat (when there were no other f/a relying on a jumpseat) for another non-rev and even a revenue (when I was on a confirmed pass travel), so they could get on. I've been graciously asked if I'd like to sit in the passenger seat by one who would have otherwise not gotten on, but declined although, heck yeah, it's alot more comfortable than sitting on a hard bench between two lavs with the doors banging against your knees.

I don't believe he was forced out of his seat, and my guess that was grossly exaggerrated. Although it's not impossible, it's unheard of and out of the years and years and years of flying, have never seen or could imagine it happening as the lawsuit states. However, this f/a (or pilot?) might have asked if he wouldn't mind letting the f/a sit there for a little while then she fell asleep. Even then, he should have never been asked in the first place. Also, he should have said no or woke her up within a reasonable amount of time (if he had allowed her at all), and complained to the employee who issued his pass, rather than not have a seat for 3.5 hours, jeopardizing his safety, as alleged, and let it escalate to a 2 million dollar lawsuit....unless he felt THAT intimidated, and if so, why?

If she wanted to rest a bit in a regular seat, even if it was for a few minutes, she should have taken the passenger seat she was entitled to even if it meant the guy be left behind. She had priority, and should have exercised that, period. I'm sure she's not only kicking herself for sitting in his seat, but kicking herself for giving it up for him, revenue or not, as well. Big mistake. Under certain long haul flights, I know when I'm not in jumpseat mode, like redeye transcons, so Im going to take that seat and appreciate it. I've had agents beg me to give up my seat for the jumpseat so they could get another passenger on. I'm more than happy to accommodate but there are times it's not gonna happen, you need the rest and comfort of a seat, and it sounds like this flight attendant did here.

I also feel really sorry for the jetblue employee who gave him the pass. I'd be horrified if an ordeal swarmed around one of my pass travelers. Probably why I don't give those out unless they're family and 99 percent of the time, I'm travelling with them.

I hope the crew involved will make a statement since, so far, the media's only been able to report one side. It's just bizarre.

So maybe I am wrong about the jB buddy pass...or maybe sometimes an eye is closed ;)

Have any witnesses come forward yet? Without witnesses it is ALL heresay.

I talked about the travelling public, and really feel sorry for crews! Even the FULL paying pax are a-holes! I stick by my assessment that this frivolous lawsuit, if won, will lead to pax suing because their dog didn't have enough water or an empty seat.

Apples or oranges, you can sue apples and you can sue oranges...when the bottom line is $$$$$$$$$$$$$...$$$$$hhhhhh! :huh:

At first I was skeptical of this whole story. After reading a couple more of articles on this on the net, I can see how this could have actually happened.

The scenario could possibly have happened as follows:

B6 flight is booked full.

Flight attendant (commuter) listed for the jump seat and also for a regular seat. Usually commuting F/A's are allowed to board aforehand and store their luggage in the overhead, in case that the flight does leave without an open seat.

Gate agents sometimes do not follow procedures and violate seniority and/or order of assignment of seats.

It is possible that due to whatever circumstances the commuting flight attendant wound up without a seat when she should not have. Employees always go before buddy passers at most airlines. It is possible that the flight pushed and that it was later found out by this commuting F/A that she should have been granted the seat that was given to a passrider. It is possible that the gate agent cheated the order in which the seats were supposed to be assigned. It is possible that the (non-reving) flight attendant, F/A crew and the pilots found out about this after the flight pushed. It is possible that the buddy-passer was approached nicely at a later point to share the seat, possibly as to let the flight attendant rest a couple of hours, if she was to work the next day. It is possible that all of this initially was agreed to in a nice way. It is also possible that the customer, as the report states, felt guilt-tripped into relinquishing his seat. (THIS IS NOT NECESSARILY ILLEGAL)

I believe that there is absolutely more to this story than is portrayed by the media. There are hundreds of factors that could have been involved in this case. It happens many times that commuting F/As are lied to and manipulated by gate agents so that they give up a seat that would normally go to them. It happens all the time that F/A's are made to sit on jump-seats all accross the country only to find out that they could have actually sat on a seat, but that somehow someone took it upon themselves to violate whatever rules are in place. Unless airlines adapt strict rules on boarding priority, conflicts over seat assignments will continue to happen.

In any event, the buddy-passer could have just been in the middle of all this. Unfortunate? Yes. Inappropriate? Perhaps - depending on how the passenger was approached. ILLEGAL? Probably - depending on what actually happened and if the passenger agreed to any of this or not. I also believe though, that this incident/situation was seen as a potential money maker.

Here is another scenario:

Perhaps the buddy-pass came from a gate agent at the originating airport. Perhaps the plaintiff was somehow related to the gate agent at the originating airport. Perhaps the gate agent approached the F/A to let the buddy passer get on by sharing the seat that would have originally been given to her. Maybe this was all agreed to before the flight started.

I would like to find the actual litigation document. Please, someone do a search on the NY court dockets.

I wonder if we'll ever know the outcome of this. It will probalbly be
settled out of court. My own theory is the nonrev may have done
a few things that aren't mentioned. Like maybe they sarcastically told
him to go to the lav. He got mad and then said to himself I'll show them
I'll sit in the lav for the whole flight.

Here's some questions which may have allready been asked:
1. Was the fight full?
2. If so were the pilot and FA aware that it was full?
3. Were there witnesses to all the conversations
4. How long was the pax in the lav
5. Did he land in the lav? This would be the biggest no no.
6. Are the pilot/FA still working?

Its just hard for me to imagine this happening the way it was explained.
Working around FAs and Pilots for 12 years tells me they respect their
jobs very much. Of course they make a mistake every so often but
it's very rare. And this particular thing I've nevcer heard of before.
So to hear about it for the first time and then to hear about it in connection
with a law suit is very suspitious.

Iv'e heard of goofy things happening on charters like FAs sliding down
the isle on food trays but sending an pax to the lav is a first. If any body
hears anything please grab this thread out of obscurity and post the info.

Thanks BF
PS ijust read Andromeda's post. I'm going with that scenario.

:down: I can't believe there are those who actually are cheering this bonebrain on :down:

If it does happen and he wins, it will open the door for other frivolous lawsuits for ALL airlines! But who cares, right?

He was on a 'Buddy Pass' meaning he paid $0 for his trip. If I'm not mistaking he is on stand-by and is accomodated if a seat is available. The f/a probably should have voiced an opinion on the jumpseat early, that way the BOZO would have watched the aircraft leave without him.

He is a free-pass guest and should be happy even if they tie him to a wing as far as I am concerned. Maybe if he was stranded for a week because there were no seats, would have woke him up. He got lucky to get the toilet because this avoided the mad dash to the airport restrooms whenever a plane lands and is unloaded!

Now the employee that provided him the pass has to live with the ultimate WRONG decision. I hope the lawsuit gets thrown out, or God help all the airlines

non-rev buddy tickets cost money. second a f/a cannot take a seat after accepting a jump seat halfway into a flight. the buddy ticket person cannot be on a jump seat. faa would have a field day if the story above were true. having said that, if the captain and or f/a were stupid enough to do that, then they deserve what happens to them. irresponsible comes to mind since since the buddy ticket person could get hurt in case of turbulance. in an emergency why would he be at a door and not the jumpseat f/a

This is why I don't give out buddy passess. Too much stress and your job is in jeopardy if the buddy acts up. Does anyone know if the employee who gave him the pass is in trouble? He/she should have laid out all the rules/consequences along with mode of conduct etc.etc. at AA, only AA fas can ride the jumpseat and no one else.

Status
Not open for further replies.