tom horton 20 mill approved

wt i went thru the pages on here but i could not find where you asked how this thread went from horton and his 20 mil to the brawl about unions etc i do admit i did take it off a bit but i did try to get it back on track

as for the poster who asked me about my difference with my dad its simple he is anti union and im pro union he says non union no dues paying i say union protection etc

as for the poster who answered my question regarding the way he is gettin the dough thank you for explaining it

Reactions: 1 person
So is it any more realistic to think that AA and US' stated intentions to keep capacity in place and all hubs open are equally shallow?

Sure, every airline including DL has to do what it does to keep labor happy but I'm sure it will be totally lost on anyone here that a business could ACTUALLY do something that makes economic sense - and still accomplish multiple purposes.

What people here seem to be unable to grasp is that DL is picking up the 717s because they are shrinking capacity faster than they can get employees to VOLUNTARILY leave. But DL is also reducing costs because it has its own people in place on the payroll... and they are also paying for regional carrier capacity purchases. They eliminate the regional carrier capacity purchases, bring int he 717s which they can operate cheaper than any other 100 seat option, and don't have to lay off full-time employees which is what they would have to do if they didn't take the 717s.

The question is how AA or UA will be able to reduce costs using the same type of formula or perhaps something else given that the acquisition costs of the 717s are so much lower than any other alternative. DL also held off on ordering a lot of mainline aircraft until it could figure out how to cost-effectively get rid of the 50 seaters.

here you go, robbed

not sure what any this has to do with AA or Horton.. I'm just replying to posts in this thread.

Reactions: 2 people
double check again where the conversation included DL... it was well before I talked about it.

hint... my first post on this thread was #38.... you'll have to back up to other people's comments to find the first reference to DL.

Reactions: 2 people
Mentioning DL around WT is more dangerous than Chris Christie walking past a box of free donuts.

Reactions: 9 people
Interesting in how, in rejecting the $20M severance package Judge Lane gave credit where credit is due. ""There have been significant sacrifices by the debtors' employees, most notably by its union members, that allowed the plan to move forward. These sacrifices should be considered in evaluating the reasonableness of this proposed payment, notwithstanding the very favorable recoveries provided by the plan to creditors and equity holders." (See page 15 of the decision)(emphasis added)

So is it any more realistic to think that AA and US' stated intentions to keep capacity in place and all hubs open are equally shallow?

Sure, every airline including DL has to do what it does to keep labor happy but I'm sure it will be totally lost on anyone here that a business could ACTUALLY do something that makes economic sense - and still accomplish multiple purposes.

What people here seem to be unable to grasp is that DL is picking up the 717s because they are shrinking capacity faster than they can get employees to VOLUNTARILY leave. But DL is also reducing costs because it has its own people in place on the payroll... and they are also paying for regional carrier capacity purchases. They eliminate the regional carrier capacity purchases, bring int he 717s which they can operate cheaper than any other 100 seat option, and don't have to lay off full-time employees which is what they would have to do if they didn't take the 717s.

The question is how AA or UA will be able to reduce costs using the same type of formula or perhaps something else given that the acquisition costs of the 717s are so much lower than any other alternative. DL also held off on ordering a lot of mainline aircraft until it could figure out how to cost-effectively get rid of the 50 seaters.

here you go, robbed
Don't I remember AA acquiring some 717's with the TWA merger/ buy out?

No matter what happens going forward with LCC/AMR TH is gone and he will be getting his 20 million GOLDEN PARACHUTE. .Corporate America is the ENEMY not the UNION WORKER.

Reactions: 3 people

Latest posts