Tomahawk Strike Against Syria

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
The U.S. military has launched more than 50 missiles aimed at Syria, NBC News reported.

A U.S. military official told NBC that 59 tomahawks had been fired, which hit an airfield near Homs.

The missiles hit aircraft and infrastructure including the runway, NBC reported. There is no word on casualties yet, but no people were targeted, the official told NBC.

One U.S. official told NBC that the Russians were warned ahead of the strike. Additionally, no Russian assets were targeted, according to the report

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/06/us-m...50-than-missiles-aimed-at-syria-nbc-news.html

Reuters: "JUST IN: Syrian warplanes take off from air base hit by U.S., carry out strikes in Homs countryside - Syrian observatory for human rights."

What was the purpose of the 59 TLAM's if not to disable the A/C or the base used to launch the aircraft delivering the chemical weapons?

Found more info here:

BEIRUT, LEBANON (10:15 A.M.) – The U.S. Navy fired more than 50 tomahawk cruise missiles at the Shayrat Military Airport in rural east Homs, destroying most of this imperative installation located southeast of the provincial capital.

What we know so far:

• U.S. missiles struck Shayrat’s airfields, aircraft hangar, and fuel tankers
  • Destroyed fuel tankers caused several explosions and a large fire that has not been put out yet
  • At least 15 fighter jets have been damaged or destroyed
  • Six military personnel have been killed, some non-Syrian
  • Russians were present at the airbase when it was attacked
Looks like the runway and airfield are still operational.

https://mobile.almasdarnews.com/article/latest-update-syrian-airbase-attacked-us-navy

Found more info here:

BEIRUT, LEBANON (10:15 A.M.) – The U.S. Navy fired more than 50 tomahawk cruise missiles at the Shayrat Military Airport in rural east Homs, destroying most of this imperative installation located southeast of the provincial capital.

What we know so far:

• U.S. missiles struck Shayrat’s airfields, aircraft hangar, and fuel tankers
  • Destroyed fuel tankers caused several explosions and a large fire that has not been put out yet
  • At least 15 fighter jets have been damaged or destroyed
  • Six military personnel have been killed, some non-Syrian
  • Russians were present at the airbase when it was attacked
Looks like the runway and airfield are still operational.

https://mobile.almasdarnews.com/article/latest-update-syrian-airbase-attacked-us-navy
Probably didn't want to kill any Russians.
That would be bad.:cool:

Christ sake...dell,...wouldn't you think that to STOP the use of chemical weapons from the AIR, would require 'taking out' the ' F ' Runway ???

You can repair a runway pretty quick. If you really want to take out runways, the Brit's are experts in that dept, so I'm told. Near vertical delivery of penetrator type ordnance.

In this case his planes are more vulnerable......lack of parts,etc. I don't know why they didn't take out all the A/C at that field though.......General Dell would have put a Tomahawk in every hangar.

Just a little 'aside' here ol' (and getting OLDER), pal. With this F - Up world today, if I was a kid graduating high school this year, my assss would be running non-stop towards my Navy recruiter, specifying SUBMARINES only. I'd stay on until they kicked me out, never having cashed a friggin' paycheck, while I ran a shipboard $$$ payday $$$ ' business '. Helll, even back when I was in, the Chiefs AND Officers were known to be 'patrons' !!

Latest posts