Transfers

eolesen said:
I seem to recall a StaffAdmin function for printing personalized OT letters, name and employee ID included...
yes they used to hand those out like water

Glenn Quagmire said:
Wouldn't you follow the contract provisions?

http://www.twu.org/Portals/0/AirContracts/aa_MRAgreement.pdf

ARTICLE 15 REDUCTION IN FORCE
(a) All demotions and reductions in force of full-time and part-time employees for lack of work will be handled separately in accordance with Occupational seniority, as provided for in Article 10 paragraph (f).

(b ) An employee who has completed his probationary period and is directly affected by a reduction in force may, at his option, select one of the following:

Option A Accept layoff. Severance would be provided under Article 37 and the employee would retain recall rights per Article 16.

Option B Request to exercise seniority at his station or in the system.

(1) Local Option:
Exercise his seniority to fill a vacancy or displace the most junior employee at his station in his own or lower classification within his Title Group, full or part time, or

(2) System Vacancy Option:
If he has six (6) months or more of seniority, he may exercise his seniority to fill a vacancy at another station in his classification in either a full-time or part-time position, excluding Higher Capacity positions, in which event he will have preference over employees who otherwise might qualify under the provisions of Article 12(l) or 12(m), or

(3) System Displacement Option:
If he has two (2) or more years of seniority, he may exercise his seniority to displace an employee, as outlined in paragraph (c) with the least system seniority in his own classification or any lower classification, in either a full-time or part-time position, in which he has successfully passed or can pass the appropriate qualification test.

(4) Retained Seniority Option:
If an employee is retaining seniority in another Title Group, he may exercise retained seniority in any former or lower classification at his current station. If that Title Group does not exist at the station where the reduction in force occurs, then the employee may request a transfer to any existing vacancy in the system within the Title Group in either a full-time or part-time position. An employee exercising this option will have preference over employees who otherwise qualify under the provisions of Article 12(l) or 12(m). If there are no vacancies as referred to above, then he may exercise his retained seniority to displace the employee with the least system seniority in any former or lower classification within the Title Group, in either a full-time or part-time position.
This is all well and good but the problem is AA does not follow contract and TWU does not enforce it.  I can't speak for the other stations but bypassing seniority is an old practice at TULE. There is also the fact they have non standardized test for people seeking entry into title 2 shops (Favoritism FTW). If TWU were worth a damn they would be raising hell about that. 

Reactions: 5 people
Bob Owens said:
So they are holding 20% OT and they are going to Layoff? 

Maybe they are floating the idea as a threat, then again maybe not.

Would be a dumb move on AA's part.

Since when has AA management in maintenance been smart?

All for what? So Sangrieco can show he is in charge? 

No, so Wroble and Seymour can.

Would a layoff improve performance? 

They don't care about performance. Making an example suits the needs better.

You should not claim something isn't going to happen, when you aren't 100% sure. Are you or are you using conjecture?

The way bob is talking, AA hasn't contacted 591 about layoffs, nobody has gotten a WARN notice, no member of management has said anything about a RIF, DP continually tells the flight crews that maint is being organized to remove placards (how you do that when laying off 150 mechs at the largest line station will be a trick) 

DP tells town hall meetings that there will be no buy outs because we are expanding and we need employees, not to mention in March, DFW and ORD are going back to the banking system, that requires more employees not less. Lets all take a breather and settle down, a layoff would be a punitive move for whatever reason. 

There I convinced myself, lets hope I'm right.

bigjets said:
The way bob is talking, AA hasn't contacted 591 about layoffs, nobody has gotten a WARN notice, no member of management has said anything about a RIF, DP continually tells the flight crews that maint is being organized to remove placards (how you do that when laying off 150 mechs at the largest line station will be a trick) 

DP tells town hall meetings that there will be no buy outs because we are expanding and we need employees, not to mention in March, DFW and ORD are going back to the banking system, that requires more employees not less. Lets all take a breather and settle down, a layoff would be a punitive move for whatever reason. 

hypothetically, and hypothetically ONLY..... What If one station was to lose major work to ANOTHER station....NOT outsourced. and the NEW station getting the work needs the people that the OLD station used to perform the work...the company says the NEW station needs the 100 people from the OLD station but NO ONE will hit the street, can it be considered different because there are job openings elsewhere?

bigjets said:

You got my vote.

bigjets said:

BigJets, what is the Banking system?
Thanks

Shafted said:
 BigJets, what is the Banking system?
Thanks
Its where a large amount of flights arrive at nearly the same time and leave at nearly the same time.  Then it happens all over again, until the flying day is finished.

Back in the day we called them "complex".

The thing about "banking" is that this type of operation drives manpower, because there is a limited amount of time and a lot of airplanes all at once that require, unloading, loading, servicing and maintenance. Whats more, when one doesn't go on time now that gate was slated for a fight on the next bank which is typically already on the ground as the previous bank leaves.

One time we had damaging hail come in just as one bank was leaving and the other coming in, so there was a lot of airplanes on the ground at the same time, almost all were damaged as a result. Some bonehead somewhere made the call to land them instead of diverting, cost untold fortunes in lost revenue and maintenance.

bigjets said:
The way bob is talking, AA hasn't contacted 591 about layoffs,

AA maintenance management does not talk to 591 leadership, everything goes through employee relations, the relationship was soured day 1 when gary x2 shat on Wrobles desk.

Wroble broke amfa at NW, Seymour came from Westpoint. You think these guys care one bit about what Gary x2 thinks? LOL......

DP is a smart man and has vision, however, there is a limited amount of space and time during banks, only so much can get done. One cannot throw 20 mechanics at a plane to clear mels, there's no space, parts, or time to troubleshoot. Throw in cleaners, fleet service, fuelers, FAs, pilots, agents and passengers. Clearing mels becomes a ludicrous proposition.  The only time mels can be cleared is on midnights when the planes are sitting, ever then parts, time and space is needed.

I am guessing but I believe class 2s will see the headcount and it will come from DFW.

Keep on telling yourself.....I wish you luck.

Let's see, the FAs president Laura Glading has a good relationship with management and DP GAVE the apfa $82m in pay that he didn't have to. Our guys pursue an adviserial relationship, causing us not to see a new contract until 2018 as it looks right now, and a rumored 200 mech RIF at DFW. If you thought it was rough fighting all the flight crews going to training and the RIFed AFW guys now an additional 200 DFW guys, what a nightmare.

the only time there should be an adversarial stance with aa is when a mech is being told to sign something off that isn't safe (never seen that at AA) and during negotiations when we are not getting a fair deal, but that seems to be more of twu taking from mechs to make everybody else the highest paid in their career field.

Based on these senerios it looks as if the union is hurting us. I can't believe we are FORCED to pay for this.

DallasConehead said:
The way bob is talking, AA hasn't contacted 591 about layoffs,

AA maintenance management does not talk to 591 leadership, everything goes through employee relations, the relationship was soured day 1 when gary x2 shat on Wrobles desk.

Wroble broke amfa at NW, Seymour came from Westpoint. You think these guys care one bit about what Gary x2 thinks? LOL......

DP is a smart man and has vision, however, there is a limited amount of space and time during banks, only so much can get done. One cannot throw 20 mechanics at a plane to clear mels, there's no space, parts, or time to troubleshoot. Throw in cleaners, fleet service, fuelers, FAs, pilots, agents and passengers. Clearing mels becomes a ludicrous proposition.  The only time mels can be cleared is on midnights when the planes are sitting, ever then parts, time and space is needed.

I am guessing but I believe class 2s will see the headcount and it will come from DFW.

Keep on telling yourself.....I wish you luck.
How did garys spat on wrobles desk?

bigjets said:
Based on these senerios it looks as if the union is hurting us. I can't believe we are FORCED to pay for this.
 Its "scenario".

And, you are correct, here is the twisted part. It by Gary x 2 design. Meant to discredit twu and foster support for amfa. (Which is DOA) Gx2 keeps coming with their "blame everyone else" stories, big letters,(which people believe because. its "well written")  and no plan to improve the memberships lives.  The people don't open their eyes and see whats really going on and it is to all our detriment..

Reactions: 1 person
bigjets said:
How did garys spat on wrobles desk?
 Its "shat", figure of speech. They threatened continued disruptive job actions if they didn't play ball with them.