TRUMP's TAX RETURN

La Li Lu Le Lo

Veteran
May 29, 2010
I wanted to get everyone's opinion on this.

I understand the president turning over tax returns is tradition but as far as I know it is not a legal requirement.

What legal recourse do the Democrats have to FORCE him to turn over his tax returns?

I think allowing the government to force someone to turn over personal financial information for public viewing is a dangerous slope.

I don't think anyone on this forum would be OK with the government forcing them to publicly display their personal financial records. In my opinion this is legally, ethically, and morally wrong. If this were a private citizen you would have the left up in arms over civil rights violations (and rightfully so).

Does Trump not deserve the same respect to privacy as any other American?

I wanted to get everyone's opinion on this.

I understand the president turning over tax returns is tradition but as far as I know it is not a legal requirement.

What legal recourse do the Democrats have to FORCE him to turn over his tax returns?

I think allowing the government to force someone to turn over personal financial information for public viewing is a dangerous slope.

I don't think anyone on this forum would be OK with the government forcing them to publicly display their personal financial records. In my opinion this is legally, ethically, and morally wrong. If this were a private citizen you would have the left up in arms over civil rights violations (and rightfully so).

Does Trump not deserve the same respect to privacy as any other American?

Apparently there's some old insane law on the books that the ways and means committee can request them on any american. However we all know its a nothing more then a fishing expedition for the never ending smear campaign.

Trump is fighting it and will win in court.

The more money you make, the more you want to keep. You can't blame them for using the tax code. I have never seen a poor person create a job, unless they invented something and were able to start a company.

Last edited:
Apparently there's some old insane law on the books that the ways and means committee can request them on any american. However we all know its a nothing more then a fishing expedition for the never ending smear campaign.

Trump is fighting it and will win in court.
It is one thing for the government to request financial information for review if they have reasonable suspicion of wrong doing and are taking part in an investigation and looking for something very specific.

It is another to force an American to turn over their finances for public viewing just because they want an opportunity to find something (anything) to embarrass them.

That is called a "fishing expedition".

This is not a Trump thing. This is an American thing. I am sure everyone in here would feel violated if the government said "hey we are not making an accusation but we are going to force you to publicly display your financial information in an attempt to find "something" to either charge you with or influence the court of public opinion against you".

Whatever happened to due process?

Whatever happened to reasonable search and seizure?

Whatever happened to burden of proof?

It is one thing for the government to request financial information for review if they have reasonable suspicion of wrong doing and are taking part in an investigation and looking for something very specific.

It is another to force an American to turn over their finances for public viewing just because they want an opportunity to find something (anything) to embarrass them.

That is called a "fishing expedition".

This is not a Trump thing. This is an American thing. I am sure everyone in here would feel violated if the government said "hey we are not making an accusation but we are going to force you to publicly display your financial information in an attempt to find "something" to either charge you with or influence the court of public opinion against you".

Whatever happened to due process?

Whatever happened to reasonable search and seizure?

Whatever happened to burden of proof?
If you are a prominent democrat, you get a free pass.

I am just wondering what Trump is afraid of.
Why not disclose his returns?
Then I wonder why his base is protecting him.
Put it out here. :)

For an supposed "independent" you sure do fall for every liberal carrot dropped in front of you.

No matter how idiotic.

The ways and means committee only has the right to ask for returns, if it is related to a legitimate task of congress. They do not have the authority to audit taxes. That's the job of the IRS.