TUL mechs

bigjets

Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Haven't heard much about the 400 mechanics at TUL that was going to be laid off. Last I heard TUL went to 7 day coverage and the 400 stay working at AA.

Haven't heard anything about the AFW/TAESL mechs, if AA is going to keep TAESL open or pull out of that, any word?

Headcount is now Down to 7718 T-I, that's with 136 people hired since AA filed BK. On Sept 16 2012 there were 9311 Title 1. So over the last 18 months 1729 people have chosen to either permanently leave the company or leave with recall rights to a particular station. So roughly 18% left,  around 12% per year are leaving on their own. I've moved up 290 slots since then, so nearly 1500 of those who left were less senior than me. Probably half younger. 

RIFs should not be the major concern, even with synergies from the merger AA will likely continue to seek mechanics to replace those who will continue to leave. 

AA will likely see another 900 to 1000 Title I leave before we see a joint agreement. 

bigjets said:
Haven't heard much about the 400 mechanics at TUL that was going to be laid off. Last I heard TUL went to 7 day coverage and the 400 stay working at AA.

Haven't heard anything about the AFW/TAESL mechs, if AA is going to keep TAESL open or pull out of that, any word?
If work was disappearing why would they need 7 day coverage and 400 heads?   They will say whatever it takes in order to keep Tulsa afraid.

My only concern would be that they are speeding up production to shrink the place faster, in other words they may be trying to get those guys to work themselves out of a job. 

Reactions: 2 people
Please explain more. Has something happen for them to be going to school for airbuse? There has to be more information for that statement to be true

There is a new CFM56-5 (A319 engine) getting it's QEC kit installed right now 
in the GE Aftertest shop, it is the second new spare engine for the 319 to be
delivered to TULE. 

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts