Tulsa heat!

MCI transplant

Veteran
Jun 4, 2003
With the prediction of 112 degree range heat in TUL in the forcast, I was wondering how you are doing down there? -----"Only" 101 here at MCI with a little rain last night.------So It's heating up in more that one way!

With the prediction of 112 degree range heat in TUL in the forcast, I was wondering how you are doing down there? -----"Only" 101 here at MCI with a little rain last night.------So It's heating up in more that one way!
I am more concerned about the TWU sign factory.

West facing Hangar doors are defiantly closed after first break or before lunch on afternoons so you don't leave part of your arm frying on an elevator. Air conditioned no just fans moving hot air.

I got a little hotter when I left work today and saw all those vote yes signs courtesy of our own local 514 sign shop plastered all over the corner of 36th street north. The vote no signs had been taken down and replaced. So I guess it's ok to take down signs you don't like? Ok, I guess someone will be taking the vote yes signs down because they don't like them, but local 514 will buy more paint and cardboard I'm sure. Money is no object, unless it is their membership that is asking for it. This is how they "fight like hell." ?

[sup]
Understood! Just wondering if the heat was effecting your productivity? Or are all those hangers air conditioned?
[/sup]

[sup]The answer is.... it depends. Some hangers have great air conditioning. Some have the air pressure so low it feels like the air is just tricking out of the hose. You litterly cannot feel the air unless you are within two feet. I have gone to hangers I felt ill because of the heat. My rule is if it gets so hot I can not work without feeling ill I do 15 on 15 off. There have been times in the past an aircraft was so hot we all banded together and just refused to work the aircraft until the aircraft had been cooled down. Management was unhappy to say the least however, they had no choice but to comply.[/sup]

100 degrees out at 9:45pm. 112 during the day with 146 degrees standing on the tarmac. We broke our state record for the highest low of 89 degrees overnight into morning. Suppose to reach 100 by 10am. Guess it ain't as bad as those helo mechanics got it in the big sandbox across the pond.

• Banned
Hey! Use a little commen sence out there guys! Drink a lot of water, and if you fell ill, go home!----- It would be one hell of a deal if TUL was shut down due to excessive heat! Even one day could set AA back! ------ Can't have that! Just be careful!

Back