Tulsa Maintenance base

Lisa, I finally made it back home to TULE, just took me about 9yrs...:-/

The background tasks are outsourced to a low cost vendor, and TOOK FOREVER AND A DAY.
Worst experience I’ve seen in my 31+ yrs:

I’m headed to H3, presumably OASIS mod line, days w S, M off. You be in training for like a month. As others have stated, sign an AMFA card if you want what’s best for your career!
Welcome! :)

thank you it’s a bit frustrating, I was looking for newly hired advices I have a trip coming up next month, and didn’t want loose my money, since I don’t have a start day. Still waiting

Reactions: 787nightmare
thank you it’s a bit frustrating, I was looking for newly hired advices I have a trip coming up next month, and didn’t want loose my money, since I don’t have a start day. Still waiting

Owww, I am hoping I can relocate quick since AA has a layover to my home airport, that would be a tough travel all the time, I’m glad

I do remember the stress of wanting to impress my new employer with my abilities and work ethic.
Frankly, what is the point?

Ambition, ability, work ethic, none of these matter in American Airlines UNION environment, only your seniority date.

Tell me I'm wrong.

You know what you call a stupid, incompetent, lazy employee with high seniority....... crew chief.

Ambition, ability, work ethic, none of these matter in American Airlines UNION environment, only your seniority date.

Tell me I'm wrong.

You know what you call a stupid, incompetent, lazy employee with high seniority....... crew chief.

Bitter much?

Reactions: BeechDriver

Tell me I'm wrong.

I’m sorry your job experience at TULE was so obviously very unpleasant.

There is definitely a share of individuals that will not carry their weight and take advantage of the diligence of others.

I have been fortunate enough to most often work with mechanics, crew chiefs, inspectors, and even old school supervisors that hold each other accountable as individuals for our contributions or lack there of. No need for outside intervention.

That doesn’t mean that there are not supervisors and crew chiefs that will take advantage of someone that is reliable. You definitely can be taken advantage of and rode like an old mule if you don’t put your foot down and call them out.

Work life is much better when everyone is watching out for everyone else’s backside instead of worrying about getting stabbed in the back.

Last edited:
Reactions: CremaDiLimone

Tell me I'm wrong.

Your wrong...

Bitter much?
Having a bunch of lazy parasites that could not cut it in the "real" world spreading UNION propaganda while using seniority to shield themselves from actually making any meaningful contribution in the workplace? Now why, after 12 years, would that make me bitter?

To tell the truth I am on the fence rather I blame the UNION culture or the weak management. They both suck.

I’m sorry your job experience at TULE was so obviously very unpleasant.

There is definitely a share of individuals that will not carry their weight and take advantage of the diligence of others.

I have been fortunate enough to most often work with mechanics, crew chiefs, inspectors, and even old school supervisors that hold each other accountable as individuals for our contributions or lack there of. No need for outside intervention.

That doesn’t mean that there are not supervisors and crew chiefs that will take advantage of someone that is reliable. You definitely can be taken advantage of and rode like an old mule if you don’t put your foot down and call them out.

Work life is much better when everyone is watching out for everyone else’s backside instead of worrying about getting stabbed in the back.
I am glad you get it.

That whole scenario is why I decided not to pursue my bumping rights or try to put in a transfer to another shop locally. I really believe I could have had a great career at American Airlines had that environment not been so toxic.

It is worth noting I worked for American Airlines revenue accounting at Triad before working under the TWU and did not have near the issues. That is why I feel the UNION culture there is a huge part of the problem.

Anytime there is a task to be done watch people throw out their seniority date like bidders at an auction trying to avoid actually doing any labor. This creates an environment where you have who should be your most experienced and capable people doing the least amount of.... anything.

Having a bunch of lazy parasites that could not cut it in the "real" world spreading UNION propaganda while using seniority to shield themselves from actually making any meaningful contribution in the workplace? Now why, after 12 years, would that make me bitter?

To tell the truth I am on the fence rather I blame the UNION culture or the weak management. They both suck.

I am glad you get it.

That whole scenario is why I decided not to pursue my bumping rights or try to put in a transfer to another shop locally. I really believe I could have had a great career at American Airlines had that environment not been so toxic.

It is worth noting I worked for American Airlines revenue accounting at Triad before working under the TWU and did not have near the issues. That is why I feel the UNION culture there is a huge part of the problem.

Anytime there is a task to be done watch people throw out their seniority date like bidders at an auction trying to avoid actually doing any labor. This creates an environment where you have who should be your most experienced and capable people doing the least amount of.... anything.
Not really a fan of yours but your not lying on this one

I am glad you get it.

Management has failed to manage the place...period

Reactions: CremaDiLimone

Tell me I'm wrong.

Oh am I?

How so?

Are those qualities going to get you a raise, a promotion, or is all of that dependent on your seniority date?
Because you stereo typed all CC's and/or Lead Mechanics. Not all of them are as you claim. But I do agree there are some rotten apples within the CC and Lead catagories. But also understand this, there is also, as you state in your words, "stupid, incompetent, lazy mechanics with high seniority" that also do not carry any weight. We have them everywhere, but not all in each grouping.
I will say we have numerous Leads that are very useful, well educated, and smart as a tack, and we pick their brains from time to time.

Yeah, that's what I thought.
?????

Last edited:
Ok every post you cry like a little *****. Move on already. Geez
Despite your attempt to debase me everyone on here knows what I said is the absolute truth.

You saying you have not seen this **** show thousands of times in your career?

If you deny that I have to question your motivations.

As far as you stating I cry like a little *****, well... I was unhappy so I changed careers. What have you done besides make posts? Seems to me like you see ***** every time you look in the mirror.

giphy.gif

you changed careers move on already. its obvious you miss it and regret the decision. they are hiring reapply and recapture the glory of aviation. i've come to terms with he way this place runs just dont let t bother me any more.

Despite your attempt to debase me everyone on here knows what I said is the absolute truth.

You saying you have not seen this **** show thousands of times in your career?

If you deny that I have to question your motivations.

As far as you stating I cry like a little *****, well... I was unhappy so I changed careers. What have you done besides make posts? Seems to me like you see ***** every time you look in the mirror.

giphy.gif

I'm very happy that you decided not to return to TULE and chose to follow another path to find your way to a career and work environment that works for you.

You should not think that everyone here is as unhappy with our workplace situations as you were with yours. Not everyone here is in the same workplace dynamic as you were.

I would certainly not dismiss your feelings of disgust for the work life you had to endure, but overall most of the people here get along with each other pretty well.

I am a mechanic and never worked in a fleet service environment but I have noticed, just from reading their posts, that many fleet service workers seem to have similar experiences and attitudes as you.

Again I must say that I am very happy for you and for all of us still here, that you are not here.

Best of luck to you.

Latest posts