Tulsa Maintenance base

you changed careers move on already.
My wife is still at TULE. My main interest here is to see how the contract, if you ever get one, will impact my family. My main complaint right now regarding being a spouse of an American Airlines employee is the lack of vacation time. I really would like to see you guys get more vacation time.

Anything that benefits you benefits me, so naturally, I want to see you get the most perks and pay possible.

its obvious you miss it and regret the decision.
Anything I might have missed does not exist anymore. I do not regret starting a new career. I had some good years (not all but some) at American Airlines but it was time to move on. My only regret is that I stayed so long in a situation after it became obvious it was not a good fit for me.

they are hiring reapply and recapture the glory of aviation.
Do we still have 10 years of recall in case of a layoff? As far as I know I have 2 years left of recall. I don't know that I would have to reapply, as far as I know, I could simply put in a transfer if I had the interest. Correct me if I am wrong.

i've come to terms with he way this place runs just dont let t bother me any more.
So you do admit there are serious problems there you have had to "come to terms with".

My bet is that causes you far more stress than you are aware and that really is sad.

Last edited:
I'm very happy that you decided not to return to TULE and chose to follow another path to find your way to a career and work environment that works for you.
Though I think that was a passive aggressive dig at me I find a lot of truth in that statement.

You should not think that everyone here is as unhappy with our workplace situations as you were with yours. Not everyone here is in the same workplace dynamic as you were.
Perhaps not but that dynamic is pretty widespread. One advantage of being in Fleet is we worked all over the base. When you work all over the base you see and hear a lot. Some of it even true. :D That gives you a pretty broad view of the base as a whole.

I would certainly not dismiss your feelings of disgust for the work life you had to endure, but overall most of the people here get along with each other pretty well.
That is what I expect of any worker who dares call himself a professional.

I am a mechanic and never worked in a fleet service environment but I have noticed, just from reading their posts, that many fleet service workers seem to have similar experiences and attitudes as you.
Why do you suppose that is? That is not a rhetorical question. I seriously would like to know why you think Fleet shares those experiences and attitudes.

Again I must say that I am very happy for you and for all of us still here, that you are not here.
Again I feel that is a passive aggressive dig at me, and again I find a lot of truth in it. I really don't want to be "that" guy who comes to work in a foul mood all the time.

Best of luck to you.
Ahh luck.

"Chance favors the prepared mind". - Louis Pasteur

While I would never deny myself the benefit of luck I find planning and preparation usually mitigates the need for it.

Latest posts