TWA retro unvailed

Apparently it *is* the "normal" grAAy.

If so, I can't believe they screwed up something this simple. Legacy US put a lot of attention to detail into their heritage aircraft, and the first two for AA look half-assed.

Reactions: 1 person
eolesen said:
Apparently it *is* the "normal" grAAy.If so, I can't believe they screwed up something this simple. Legacy US put a lot of attention to detail into their heritage aircraft, and the first two for AA look half-assed.
Looks white to me with a bit of shadowing? Maybe not...

Like the QQ plane, I think this would've best been done on an MD80, but I still love that they're at least doing them...

I'm surprised they used that paint scheme, instead of the most recent or the vintage one that goes back to AA's lightning bolt:

Attachments

• old TWA.jpg
    old TWA.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 253
  • NewTWA.jpg
    NewTWA.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 250
Reactions: 2 people
Most people I've talked with would have preferred the retro twin globes as well. I suspect the 90's scheme was too busy (not that Reno's isn't as well).

Reactions: 1 person
eolesen said:
Most people I've talked with would have preerred the retro twin globes as well. I suspect the 90's scheme was too busy (not that Reno's isn't as well). 
The 60s-early 70s twin globes (or "Starstream) colors, recalling TWA's glory days, would have a better choice, IMO, but this one looks great.

Kev, I liked the final, but it was almost TOO final.  It just got here when we suddenly were no more.  I saw the TWA plane in ORD this morning.  That was the scheme during most of my career, so it's OK, I guess.

MK

Latest posts