TWU and IAM representation alliance vote

Will you vote in a TWU and IAM representation alliance? (A/C maint. only)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
MetalMover said:
I get to vote on EACH and EVERY AMFA leader. Can you say the same for the TWU? Did you have a say in any international appointment?

Not a peep.

MetalMover said:

And the TWU gave em hell at PanAM as well.

Hmmmm, let's see which legacy carriers the IAM once represented.......Piedmont, USAir, Eastern, Republic, NWA, United... And NOW?

Your point?

Glenn Quagmire said:
I know the history since I lived it. I struck while your worthless union continued to fly on NWA along with your wannabe alliance partner taking the struck work. NWA was not in bankruptcy when we struck. --OK. Sorry. You guys went on strike August 20, 2005 and they filed for bankruptcy in September 14, 2005

You are completely clueless about what actually transpired at NWA. Did you walk the picket line with us? Or are you one of those that does not consider AMFA worthy of support. I have news for you. The lack of support for AMFA while we were on strike is why Mechanics wages are where they are today at the legacy airlines. POS like you want to cling to that old dirty security blanket even as it is shredded to peices. --Just like always, it's not AMFA that's at fault. It's everyone else that's at fault and the reason most mechanics at NWA were permanently replaced.

MetalMover said:
The AMFA drive is about mechanics..No one else.. Why do you care what we do or who we choose?

If it's the best choice, why is a good debate frowned upon. You have a point of view, I have a point of view and it seems mechanics are smart enough to get the information they need to make an informed decision. So all this is good.

swamt said:
Still wrong on your numbers sir.  And AA is just overstaffed.  Too many heads per A/C.  And I believe there is another reduction coming to the Tulsa base is this still in the works?

Then please correct the numbers if they're wrong. Don't leave what you believe to be wrong numbers out there without correcting it.

And so it seems you agree the airline is in the right to cut even more jobs since in your opinion they're "overstaffed."

NYer said:

I know the history since I lived it. I struck while your worthless union continued to fly on NWA along with your wannabe alliance partner taking the struck work. NWA was not in bankruptcy when we struck. --OK. Sorry. You guys went on strike August 20, 2005 and they filed for bankruptcy in September 14, 2005

You are completely clueless about what actually transpired at NWA. Did you walk the picket line with us? Or are you one of those that does not consider AMFA worthy of support. I have news for you. The lack of support for AMFA while we were on strike is why Mechanics wages are where they are today at the legacy airlines. POS like you want to cling to that old dirty security blanket even as it is shredded to peices. --Just like always, it's not AMFA that's at fault. It's everyone else that's at fault and the reason most mechanics at NWA were permanently replaced.

IAM tossed the AMFA right under the bus. Like it or not it happened. When NW wanted to give IAM work the AMFA did they jumped all over. The IAM basically promoted being scabs. (and I believe the TWU was also help NW with things such as job fairs) 

might not be the IAM's fault.....but they were not helping at all. (which here lately the IAM is doing an awesome job of being completely worthless so at least they are consistent) 

NYer said:

If the mechanics at NWA wouldn't have gone on strike, they wouldn't have been permanently replaced (most of them, some crossed the line a a few others were re-hired at lower rates and benefits) and there could have been a chance to unionize another group of mechanics which would have been good for everyone. They overreached and lost.

Hey, but they fought....So I guess they won.

NWA managements last best offer to AMFA before the strike called for eliminating more than HALF of their jobs.

Yet here you are criticizing them for striking against that.

You're not only ignorant, you're gutless as well

Reactions: 3 people
topDawg said:

IAM tossed the AMFA right under the bus. Like it or not it happened. When NW wanted to give IAM work the AMFA did they jumped all over. The IAM basically promoted being scabs. (and I believe the TWU was also help NW with things such as job fairs) 

might not be the IAM's fault.....but they were not helping at all. (which here lately the IAM is doing an awesome job of being completely worthless so at least they are consistent) 

So for 18 months AMFA let their Members be "railroaded" by the other unions?

Let's take a step back and let say what you bring to table is absolutely true...100% true. That being the case, why would anyone want to go to an organization, like AMFA, that allowed itself to be trashed as you suggest they did. An organization that is not part of the AFL-CIO so they can't even use THAT to push back these acts you allege happened.

It seems to me, from suggestions made by AMFA supporters, that we need to be leery of conspiracies and attack from the TWU, the ATD, the International, IAM, Judge Lane (just to name a few) and run towards another organization that doesn't even have the financial power to organize an union that gave birth to their existence. It's not really a compelling reason to take action and make a move.

Someone has to do better than they suck but he's an alternative that sucks less. That may not be enough, fellas.

You want cards signed. Let's make it an easy choice....Go at it.

ThirdSeatHero said:

NWA managements last best offer to AMFA before the strike called for eliminating more than HALF of their jobs.

Yet here you are criticizing them for striking against that.

You're not only ignorant, you're gutless as well

You're right. I didn't see that. Congratulations to all the NWA mechanics that showed us they had guts, wherever you happen to be working today.

chellow said:
You really think the USAir  Auto and Facility mechanics are going to give up there AMT seniority with out a fight, I won't.
Plant Maintenance (Facility) is super senior, as a rule.

Auto Shop is a mixture of high time and AMT's that got bumped back and didn't want to leave the station.  Here in PIT the junior man is in Auto Shop and I think it's about 25 years.

They won't be giving up anything without some sort of whining.

NYer said:

AMFA represented over 20,000 at their height. They're down to 10% of that total. (must be the TWU's fault). By 2003, "AMFA, “The little union that could” represented 3 of the top 5 and half of the top 10 major Airlines in the United States."

What happened? Was it Little, Videtich, Gless, Judge Lane, the Fleet President's....How could AMFA possible fall, I mean, they must've fought like hell.

And here you are yet again, trying to belittle AMFA while at the same time advocating in other posts for an alliance with a group that has done far worse.

I'll give you one thing, you are consistent - a hypocrite - but consistent.

Reactions: 1 person
The RLA should be changed. A date certain for the termination of contracts should be enacted. If the airline industry were regulated under the National Labor Relations Board rather than the RLA, with a date certain for the termination of contracts, the whole process would move forward more efficiently. There would be strong incentives on both sides to reach agreements early in the process. Bankruptcy obviously is another process that interferes seriously with the power of the strike. The company now has the power, through the court, to make summary changes in all areas including wages, benefits, and especially pensions, under the rules of bankruptcy law, subject only to the oversight of the court. If the union had been able to strike at a much earlier date the result may have been different. Again, unfortunately, the RLA prevented this.
Perhaps the new bankruptcy law taking effect on Oct. 17 will help out a bit but we still have the RLA. Maybe things will change …

http://www.aviationpros.com/article/10385596/good-plan-bad-timing-northwest-vs-amfa

I have to love the assessment by this guy who had ZERO responses to his post. Note the last comment, "Maybe things will change"

Sounds exactly like someone going "aw shucks why can't my world be more fairer" Where's the activism? No, maybe someone else will just mosey along and do it all for me?

Real tired said:
Plant Maintenance (Facility) is super senior, as a rule.

Auto Shop is a mixture of high time and AMT's that got bumped back and didn't want to leave the station.  Here in PIT the junior man is in Auto Shop and I think it's about 25 years.

They won't be giving up anything without some sort of whining.
Real Tired

If and when they do start merging the seniority list if the Auto or Plant/facilities/utility
want to be on the Title 1 list at the NEW AA they better get back into aircraft maintenance. Or they will be merged in the Title 2 list and will not gain any AMT time as they stay in that work group.

Can't have it both ways that is the way of the TWU. Its contractual here at AA.

At AA an AMT can't bump a title 2 mechanics since we have separate list.

just something for them and you to think about.

AMFAinMIAMI said:
Real Tired

If and when they do start merging the seniority list if the Auto or Plant/facilities/utility
want to be on the Title 1 list at the NEW AA they better get back into aircraft maintenance. Or they will be merged in the Title 2 list and will not gain any AMT time as they stay in that work group.

Can't have it both ways that is the way of the TWU. Its contractual here at AA.

At AA an AMT can't bump a title 2 mechanics since we have separate list.

just something for them and you to think about.
And its contractual at US also.

Are you being Ms Cleo?

Do you know what language will be in the JCBA?

No you dont.

And as far as its done at the new AA will be negotiated between the IAM, TWU and the new AA.

So explain to the board how do you know it will be done the same way as its done at AA currently?

You are spreading misinformation and are just speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts