TWU and IAM representation alliance vote

Will you vote in a TWU and IAM representation alliance? (A/C maint. only)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
dfw gen said:
its time for Dale Danker, Gary Peterson and Larry Pike to step up to the plate and make a difference.
Well a difference was made....By challenging this alliance to the NMB....I believe it should be challenged. It is up to the NMB to make its ruling...
Why doesn't the AFL-CIO's TRUMKA use his clout to get the NMB to act as he did by insisting that the TWU and IAM "share" the ground workers at the new AA. He was quick to intervene in the merger issue, but he is mute on the NMB's dragging its feet.

They better hurry up before the company is unable to offer the ground workers the 4%....

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13007561/1/american-airlines-aal-stock-declining-today-after-december-traffic-results.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

OldGuy@AA said:
That's exactly what that is.  Lack of representation.

JFK Fleet Service said:
Dues keep flowing in,that is what they care about.
Yup and Yup.  That is all they care about.  You guys need to get on the ball and quick.  The time is coming and it will in fact be the last time for AMFA to get in.  Take advantage of this time and at least get a vote by the membership as the Delta F/A's did by an overwhelming card drive of 60%+.  12,000 cards they collected and all you guys need at AA is 6,000, C'mon man...

Reactions: 1 person
UPDATE from NMB.
The NMB wrote me back today. I sent email yesterday asking the following questions;  Asked for estimated time frame for a decision, asked will the employees get to vote on this alliance/association, asked will the NMB conduct or run the election IF there is one, what options will be on the ballots, will there be a time period for card collections, and will there be a write in option?  They had one answer with no sigs tied to it, they simply said;  "This case is pending and the NMB does not comment on pending or open cases."

I call BS as they were answering our questions before, and the investigation was stated already then as well.  Like I said before people, something fishy is going on.  Taking wayyyyy to long.  I wouldn't be shocked if the TWU/IAM have actually worked something out totally in their favor with the NMB behind closed doors (which the TWU has already admitted to meeting behind closed doors) All of a sudden the NMB is clamming up, hmmmm. Stay tuned as some are saying you guys should find out mid Jan or Feb...

Reactions: 2 people
I think its pretty obvious they have put us on ice for whatever period of time they deem appropriate. My question is, what did we do to piss in their corn flakes?

700UW said:
You call BS?

So now you are an expert on the NMB and how they operate?

Who needs to be an expert?  Are you saying the people that make up the NMB are above being bought off?  What oversight do they really have?  The IAM and TWU are not above trying to influence NMB decisions through bribery to maintain the dues flow.  I would have to second SWAMT's assertion.  The only explanation for the delay on the M & R side, would be that the NMB is trying to find a legal loophole - to justify not having a membership vote.  That would allow the JCBA to be recognized as our new union - without a vote.  Unfortunately for the NMB, TWU, and IAM, the federal judge that ruled against the Local 591 lawsuit recently, didn't even recognize the JCBA as our bargaining agent, so how could the NMB explain that away?

It took the pilots about a year for single carrier ruling, and with the mess we have with craft or class and TWU/IAM, who knows how long for us.

Not quite a year. APA filed on January 14 and the NMB issued its single carrier ruling on August 8. On Sept 16, the NMB ruled that the APA was the sole bargaining agent.

700UW said:
You call BS?

So now you are an expert on the NMB and how they operate?
No Dumb a$$.  Think about it what I posted.  What I call BS on is the fact that the NMB was answering all questions back when I was inquiring, and now all of a sudden they are clamming up.  What part of that do you not understand?  And BTW, according to you others were getting answers from the NMB before as well, and now all of a sudden they (NMB) is clamming up.  I have never said I was an expert on how the NMB operates.  Get a clue.  Read and comprehend. I was simply calling BS on their typical BS answer to shut out someone looking for more information.  Good God please don't start acting like WT, I swear you two are twins...

Reactions: 2 people
swamt said:
UPDATE from NMB.
The NMB wrote me back today. I sent email yesterday asking the following questions;  Asked for estimated time frame for a decision, asked will the employees get to vote on this alliance/association, asked will the NMB conduct or run the election IF there is one, what options will be on the ballots, will there be a time period for card collections, and will there be a write in option?  They had one answer with no sigs tied to it, they simply said;  "This case is pending and the NMB does not comment on pending or open cases."

I call BS as they were answering our questions before, and the investigation was stated already then as well.  Like I said before people, something fishy is going on.  Taking wayyyyy to long.  I wouldn't be shocked if the TWU/IAM have actually worked something out totally in their favor with the NMB behind closed doors (which the TWU has already admitted to meeting behind closed doors) All of a sudden the NMB is clamming up, hmmmm. Stay tuned as some are saying you guys should find out mid Jan or Feb...

swamt said:
No Dumb a$$.  Think about it what I posted.  What I call BS on is the fact that the NMB was answering all questions back when I was inquiring, and now all of a sudden they are clamming up.  What part of that do you not understand?  And BTW, according to you others were getting answers from the NMB before as well, and now all of a sudden they (NMB) is clamming up.  I have never said I was an expert on how the NMB operates.  Get a clue.  Read and comprehend. I was simply calling BS on their typical BS answer to shut out someone looking for more information.  Good God please don't start acting like WT, I swear you two are twins...

So where is the NMB decision for the association/alliance?  We are mid Jan and some have said there would be a decision by now, and some on here have also said that this was coming from the TWU.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts