TWU and Teamsters are mirror images of each other.

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
The twu and teamsters are both cut from the same
material of unaccountability.

The head of the twu's ATD is Gary Drummond. He
was "elected" as International VP in 2005 and
on June 7, 2010 Drummond began serving as
the ATD Director.

Funny, I never got a ballot for either of these two
positions. This guy was APPOINTED into an office
where he does not have to fear living under concessionary
contracts he wants you to vote on.

The head of the teamster's Airline Division was not
elected by the membership.

The twu and teamsters are the same. Both are catch
all industrial unions with appointed officials.

With AMFA all officials are elected by the membership
and are able to be recalled.

These are facts that the twu and teamsters can not refute.
So why replace one undemocratic industrial union with
another?

Go AMFA!

Reactions: 2 people
The teamsters fear a craft and democratic union
for our craft and class so they attack AMFA but
don't say anything negative about industrial,
undemocratic unions like the twu.

The twu fears a craft and democratic union
for our craft and class so they attack AMFA but
don't say anything negative about industrial,
undemocratic unions like the teamsters.

The teamsters and twu are both industrial,
undemocratic catch all unions that fear craft,
democratic unions.

With the twu and teamsters the union controls
the membership because there is no accountability.

With AMFA the membership controls the union
because there is accountability.

Go AMFA!

I would think that the TWU, big players with the AFL-CIO, could have handled this latest TA better then they have. How about using the AFL-CIO leverage to get the politicians from, Missouri, Texas, and Oklahoma, to offer tax incentives or what ever carrots they can to AA, to keep those good paying jobs in their state, rather then saying don't worry AA we'll be the lowest paid skilled workers in the country, just don't lay off anybody, I'm curious to see how many good jobs will be lost. OH is obviosly not an albatross holding back AA from making money, otherwise AA would have done away with it like the other airlines.

If we can't use the power of the AFL-CIO to help us, why are we with an organisation that their major selling point is the AFL-CIO. Because the TWU contracts are less then spectacular for AMT's. If I remember correctly, the TWU was saying they were going to get us $28 an hour in 2001, then AMFA got that huge contract with NWA, then AA gave us the 2001 contract. If I have remembered that wrong please correct me.

Workers at Three Locations Use Card Check Campaign to Join Teamsters

DETROIT, May 9, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, Joint Council 43 in Detroit, Mich. announced that 23 workers at three Blue Water Compassion Center locations in Michigan have organized with Teamsters Local 1038 following a successful card check campaign.

The workers Blue Water Compassion Center locations provide customer support for their customers – patients and primary caregivers – who use the business to learn about medical marijuana. The company agreed to recognize the Teamsters Union as the workers' bargaining representative after receiving 22 signed cards.

"I am so excited to have the Teamsters representing us in the workplace," said Mark Sochacki a safety and protection co-coordinator at Blue Water Compassion Center. "I look forward to having a negotiated contract that provides job security and workplace protections."

"We are confident that our union will be able to negotiate a strong contract on behalf of the workers at Blue Water Compassion Center," said Greg Nowak, President of Local 1038. "We have listened to what their concerns are and look forward to working with them."

Founded in 1903, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters represents 1.4 million hardworking men and women in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.

SOURCE Teamsters Joint Council 43

#2 Frank R
MMJ Community Supporter

Members

789 posts
LocationKeep it secret, keep it safe...
Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:08 PM
The Feds don't want MMJ to incorporate, but will they let it unionize?

Very interesting...

Excellent, I was only going for the Airline Division, meaning that a pilot Capt. David Bourne leads the division and that no mechanics are involved at that level.

At least 2 of the International IBT members are 25+YEARS AMT's from UAL and CAL. I think amfa supporters need to spend a little more time on research.
I had much rather have an airline captain involved in my negoations than fleet service or stores local president.

amfa supporters are just like a political party running for president. They spend all their time spreading propoganda and mis-information about their opponents instead of selling the positives of their own union to the TWU membership.

"Remember NWA"

Vote IBT.