TWU and the Company reached a Tentative Agreement

After doing research on you it appears you are RETIRED and no longer have a dog in this fight which makes your opinions "Irrelevant", you should be enjoying your retirement instead of meddling in others affairs, I couldn't careless what a RETIRED person thinks of me or AA situation, no wonder you don't know who I am & can't meet me because you are RETIRED & no longer work for AA, You and Rick Mullins have a lot in common .... Meaning you can't seem to get on with your life now that you no longer work for AA, this will be the last response you will get from me because I have NO TIME for someone who is no longer employed at AA & therefor will not have to live with the consequences of whatever decisions the Employee's make.

I should have researched you before I even responded the first time .... ugh.
Enjoy your retirement & don't worry about what happens at AA we will take it from here old timer. :rolleyes:

raptorman,

It is good to see your true colors finally come out.

I did some checking myself, and found that you are NOT in charge of this forum!

I will post whenever I wish, and I sincerely hope that you don't like it!

I do have a dog in this fight.

Where does one cross that line?

The reason I ask is that you have told me personally and posted here that you just want to retire and leave.

At what point do your opinions become irrelevant? After you actually retire? Or once you decide you no longer care about anything but leaving?

Once you retire & nothing that happens at AA will effect your life.
As I said I have NO interest in anything a person who no longer works for AA thinks nor will I respond to his post's if you think a retired person's post's are relevant then you can reply to him but I'm not interested.
BTW that same reasoning applies to Rick Mlullins he also is not an AA employee anymore & therefore should stay out of AA business & get a life, once I retire you can be sure no one from AA will be hearing from me again, this place will be nothing but a bad dream at that point. ;-)

Once you retire & nothing that happens at AA will effect your life.
As I said I have NO interest in anything a person who no longer works for AA thinks nor will I respond to his post's if you think a retired person's post's are relevant then you can reply to him but I'm not interested.
BTW that same reasoning applies to Rick Mlullins he also is not an AA employee anymore & therefore should stay out of AA business & get a life, once I retire you can be sure no one from AA will be hearing from me again, this place will be nothing but a bad dream at that point. ;-)

Except as a paid Teamsters organizer, right?

Reactions: 1 person
The company has brought back retired QA managers/supervisors to AFW as contract supervisors. The guy on my shift last night comes in wanting to be my buddy. Then he proceeds to start the hard sell on this t/a. He says he hopes it passes because its a good deal for us! I nded the conversation right there but not before I told him exactly how I felt about the t/a. Luckily,I guess, I have another airplane to tend to and was able toget away for a bit. Interesting that some of our current QA supervisors already have DWH and SIDA badges. That is all, VOTE NO!!!

Except as a paid Teamsters organizer, right?

You really refuse to believe that i'm not a Union Man Hugh Buck ?

believe it or not unlike yourself most people who sign a card or even support replacement of a Union have NO interest in being involved in Union business, I would make a terrible paid Union organizer & wouldn't last a week, most Unions require that their officers & or Paid Organizers actually like Unions ...... believe it or not.
Your Union Aspirations are not mine .... I can assure you of that.

Ever notice how few people show up to Union Meetings or run for Officer positions ??
I suspect there are many more people than me who would not miss not having a Union at AA.

You really refuse to believe that i'm not a Union Man Hugh Buck ?

believe it or not unlike yourself most people who sign a card or even support replacement of a Union have NO interest in being involved in Union business, I would make a terrible paid Union organizer & wouldn't last a week, most Unions require that their officers & or Paid Organizers actually like Unions ...... believe it or not.
Your Union Aspirations are not mine .... I can assure you of that.

Ever notice how few people show up to Union Meetings or run for Officer positions ??
I suspect there are many more people than me who would not miss not having a Union at AA.

Fair enough, if you are not a union man then why would you be interested in replacing any union? Why not promote an open shop instead?

Fair enough, if you are not a union man then why would you be interested in replacing any union? Why not promote an open shop instead?

Well I don't think it is possible to go from a Union to no Union & it's not that big a deal to me, I can live with it just as I live with many other issues here at AA that I don't like, The people around me support the Teamsters so I collected cards for their benefit .... not mine.

most Unions require that their officers & or Paid Organizers actually like Unions ...... believe it or not.
From what Ive seen and heard over the years, especially once you get into the appointed levels I'd say that they dont love Unions, know little about the History of the movement and dont believe in the concept, but it provides them with a six figure salary that they would be unlikely to get anywhere else. So they will throw out a few chants every now and then, then when its only officers and reps around spew all this stuff about how screwed up and unworthy the membership is. They will spout out about fighting, then tell us that we are powerless and should just accept whatever the boss man hands them so long as the Boss does not go after Check-off or A-5 travel.

Reactions: 4 people
From what Ive seen and heard over the years, especially once you get into the appointed levels I'd say that they dont love Unions, know little about the History of the movement and dont believe in the concept, but it provides them with a six figure salary that they would be unlikely to get anywhere else. So they will throw out a few chants every now and then, then when its only officers and reps around spew all this stuff about how screwed up and unworthy the membership is. They will spout out about fighting, then tell us that we are powerless and should just accept whatever the boss man hands them so long as the Boss does not go after Check-off or A-5 travel.

Well lots of money does tend to motivate people, I'm sure there are some Local TWU officers that are in it for the money & couldn't careless about the Members.
I like lots of money but definitely wouldn't take any kind of Union Leadership position for it, I'll leave that for the folks who are into that kind of thing. :rolleyes:

I have talked to folks at work about the pros and cons of a yes or no vote. If you were hired in the mid 90's and have a family and a $1100 a month house payment. Why would you vote no? You go from a gross of around $6200 to $1474 on unemployment. How do you explain to your spouse that you voted down at least 15% on Principles. as many of you know that does not pay the bills. Only the top 1-2% here in Tulsa could make close to the amount they make now. After reality started to sit in after the last vote. I am hearing more folks say they are voting for it. How do you tell the genral public that you turned down $36 an hour for a general and $ 38 an hour if your a CC, Insp or a TCC. The public just thinks were being greedy. I will probably get slammed but I really dont care.

I have talked to folks at work about the pros and cons of a yes or no vote. If you were hired in the mid 90's and have a family and a $1100 a month house payment. Why would you vote no? You go from a gross of around $6200 to $1474 on unemployment. How do you explain to your spouse that you voted down at least 15% on Principles. as many of you know that does not pay the bills. Only the top 1-2% here in Tulsa could make close to the amount they make now. After reality started to sit in after the last vote. I am hearing more folks say they are voting for it. How do you tell the genral public that you turned down $36 an hour for a general and $ 38 an hour if your a CC, Insp or a TCC. The public just thinks were being greedy. I will probably get slammed but I really dont care.

I won't jump you but please Explain the $36 an hour we are at approximately $32.20 correct & were getting a 3% raise so how does that end up as $36 ??

I guess you think the Tulsa people are making enough,with that thinking you may get your wish.And 6 years down the road your worse off than you are now.Briliant !

Good luck telling the public you want to turn down 15%. The company can replace us that not a dream just a fact. MROs are poping up all over the place. We may all be working for one in the near future. If we even stay in this line of work.

Latest posts