TWU and the Company reached a Tentative Agreement

AMT pay will be the average of US, UA, and DL. If the average is $38 in three years then we will be adjusted automatically to $38. Unless the others take pay cuts. Then we will be at $36 in six years.

LOL doubtful the average will be $38 in three years, doubtful it will be $38 at the end of the six years.

image.tiff

image.tiff

image.tiff

Is this blog a pity party for people like you? Didn't you already say you are laid off either way? Is your motivation to give one final FU to AA and the remaining TWU members as you leave? How do you know you will leave? Maybe enough will take the Early Out so you don't get laid off.
With 22 years I am moving on volutarily.Their is no future at this company.It was over almost 10 years ago.I have one last no vote!!

Reactions: 1 person
AMT pay will be the average of US, UA, and DL. If the average is $38 in three years then we will be adjusted automatically to $38. Unless the others take pay cuts. Then we will be at $36 in six years.

Our pay will likely be higher than $36 in 3 years.
US willl likely merge with AA , taking them out of the equation. It will then be an average of Delta and United. Delta just got a raise this month and United is negotiating raises currently.

Our pay will likely be higher than $36 in 3 years.
US willl likely merge with AA , taking them out of the equation. It will then be an average of Delta and United. Delta just got a raise this month and United is negotiating raises currently.

Counting your chickens based on likely egg count has bit us in the ass before.

Why do we have to vote on "likely" and three years away, why not average right now?

It is just as likely this whole economy collapses in three years, as it is likely us getting a raise because our union cannot negotiate and has to piggy back the other unions for wage increases.

Counting your chickens based on likely egg count has bit us in the ass before.

Why do we have to vote on "likely" and three years away, why not average right now?

It is just as likely this whole economy collapses in three years, than us getting a raise because our union cannot negotiate and has to piggy back the other unions for wage increases.

Would it be "better" if they averaged right now? Of course.
What I am saying is , what they are offering is basically for us to be even with Delta and United in 3 years and that along with the 3% up front takes most of the #### out of the vote no crowds arguement.

What I am saying is , what they are offering is basically for us to be even with Delta and United in 3 years and that along with the 3% up front takes most of the #### out of the vote no crowds arguement.
Does no such thing,More on line are NO votes than before!This company seems to have money for everything except the employees that make it work!!VOTE NO !!!

I'll repeat my point, the likely merger with US Airways takes US Airways pay out of the average equation 3 years from now leaving only Delta and United.

This would result in a larger pay increase in year 3 than the contract language lays out in it's example.

I'll repeat my point, the likely merger with US Airways takes US Airways pay out of the average equation 3 years from now leaving only Delta and United.

This would result in a larger pay increase in year 3 than the contract language lays out in it's example.

That's Interesting .... hadn't thought of that.

When the United Nations makes a resolution to take my guns away, I will not resist. I will get them back later.

If AA gets rid of MD80's and 757's and replaces them with brand new Airplanes that wont need heavies for many years you dont think that will reduce the headcount conciderably more.
So I think the point is we are not saving any jobs long term just delaying the losses for a short period of time but the consessions for those jobs are for ever

Jobs can always come back.......giving away your wages and bennies takes an act of god to get back. I believe Overspeed claimed that outsourcing was based on "maint spend"? Has AA indicated what the company's maintenance spend will be when the 500 new aircraft arrive? How much does AA spend today.....I believe it's close to $2B??? Let's just assume that maintenance spend decreases by $1B with the new a/c......that means the company can outsource $350-400M in maint. Considering that roughly 2K to 3K mechanics will immediately face layoffs. When the new aircraft arrive....AA will slash 2K to 3K more. Wake up people....your not saving jobs for concessions.

Do you not have any care for benefits and work rules and their value?
Are you really a cash only employee?

How do you know that our concessions don't cause those mechanics to take paycuts between now and then you don't get squat?

This contract will create a huge pressure vaccum for all other mechanics to give up more just like every other TWU labor agreement that enters the industry has. United, Delta, Southwest and every other mechanic will not be negotiating increases, they will instead be forced to reduce their labor cost to match this industry leading concession not move forward.

Why can't you people get that fact into your brains?

When the United Nations makes a resolution to take my guns away, I will not resist. I will get them back later.

well your on the right track with not resisting because you would only last about 1 minute against the new heat seeking bullets some of the new Military rifles shoot but doubtful you will get them back, i'm not looking forward to losing my gun's either especially since I just got my concealed carry but saylavee what will be will be.

With 22 years I am moving on volutarily.Their is no future at this company.It was over almost 10 years ago.I have one last no vote!!
Then you make no sense. If you are moving on then why not vote yes, take the early out cash, and then walk away? Voting no for the big FU is going to cost you $20K - $30K.

Latest posts