TWU and the Company reached a Tentative Agreement

Yes, and what also isn't fair this time around is that the company wants to outsource a majority of the heavy work...just like other carriers. Sure other carriers are beginning to insource work but thay still send MOST of their work out. AA will be no diffeerent.

This is going to result in a bulk of the job cuts coming from base...Regardless of the contract vote.

Hey!! Has anyone forgotten the fate of AFW?

Once again the center of the universe is Tulsa....But soon to be a much smaller one.
Spot on Hopefull. The city was out at AFW last night beginning to inventory "their" stuff. The process to move airframe work out of AFW is to begin at the end of August and be complete by Christmas. The bases WILL take the brunt of these first cuts. IMO tulsa will be a MUCH different place in 5-7 years as these new airplanes arrive and the maintenance holiday begins. I`m guessing by the time the next contract comes around we may only have 4K AMT system wide. VOTE NO

Smaller can be used in different ways. Yes work is going away, however when this first round is done, I am not so sure that the number of mechanics per aircraft will change much.

I don't wish to see any job losses at the gain of others. There will be layoffs, there will be bumping.
There will certain work done at the line stations that will be outsourced.

I look around and sometimes get the feeling many mechanics haven't a clue about what lies ahead.

Reactions: 2 people
Spot on Hopefull. The city was out at AFW last night beginning to inventory "their" stuff. The process to move airframe work out of AFW is to begin at the end of August and be complete by Christmas. The bases WILL take the brunt of these first cuts. IMO tulsa will be a MUCH different place in 5-7 years as these new airplanes arrive and the maintenance holiday begins. I`m guessing by the time the next contract comes around we may only have 4K AMT system wide. VOTE NO

...But what possible may transpire is the AMT number decreases while the OSM number increases.

Reactions: 2 people
Way off topic here and I apologize. Heard from several people today that there was a fist fight at the local 514 hall. The reason I posted in this topic is there is a lot of anger being expressed back and forth. Just wondered if anyone knew more about this. Dan McCoy came to mind first because I've seen a lot of frustration from him and towards him. Thanks...carry on

Interesting....Isn't he Raptorman??
He should have numerous posts already by this time in the day???

ATTACHMENT 15.1 – Title I Reduction in Force Procedures

Re: Title I Reduction in Force Procedures

Dear Robert,
During our recent discussions on the Title I Reduction in Force procedures, the issue was raised regarding the Company position on how it was going to utilize employees that are Aviation Maintenance Technicians (AMT’s) but have displaced into an Overhaul Support Mechanic (OSM) position. The following outlines the criteria discussed by the parties with respect to utilization of these employees:

 Employees assigned from an AMT job to an AMT/OSM (AMTO) position will be coded as 9440 (0 Lic), 9441 (1 Lic), and 9442 (2 Lic).

 An employee assigned to one of the above job codes will be considered as an AMT for purposes of future displacement options under Article 15 of the collective Bargaining Agreement.

Employees assigned to an AMT/OSM AMTO job code will be eligible for upgrade to any bid position within their classification based on their Occupational seniority as well as for any 12-(l) transfers. However, employees will not be considered eligible for any AMT Intra-Station Transfers under the provisions of Attachment 12.1 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. These employees may transfer as AMT/OSM AMTO position within their assigned base.

 An employee working in the capacity of AMT/OSM, who holds the necessary license requirements under the provisions of the QAM, may be considered for acting Crew Chief assignments within his shop. Employees assigned in such capacity will be compensated for high skill premium (HC B1) in addition to any appropriate License/Skill premium.

 All AMTO positions will be converted to OSM positions based on attrition.

Does this say that if you take an AMTO position you cant go back to an AMT unless you transfer out of station?

Humor version of reality. Still want to vote YES??? This whole thing was rigged and highjacked by the International.The International makes this a all about Tulsa.
Tulsa has most to lose. So why vote YES?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMqaUh_qXQQ&feature=youtu.be

Reactions: 1 person
That's what I'm saying Tom everybodies situation is different, yours is very different than mine, this will be your last decent contract at AA after this one Tulsa will be a minority & they will get worse & worse, your screwed and that sucks but someone always wins & someone always loses in life, I'm gonna try to win one last time.
If you call this a win then I would hate to see what you call a loss. I guess you think that Japan and Germany won World War II don't you?