TWU attempts to raid AMFA AMT's

That was 1993. What happened in 2012?
A new TWU low for the industry.
No thanks. AMFA here we come in 2013!
I am looking forward to working with my Southwest M&R brothers and sisters to bring more work in house in the future. Time to dump the AMFA like UA. They woke up and realized AMFA is full of crap. Time to send AMFA back to Laconia.

I urge all SWA AMTs to ask a fellow TWU member at SWA and they will find they get superior pay and benefits compared to what AMFA has done at SWA.

Wrong again. Ask for the entire package. Senoirity nego as well. The only group that has done better than AMFA is the dispatchers in pay only, period end of story. This was not nego by TWU. This was in fact givin to the dispatchers by an arbitrator that forced the company to compare pay parity with the dispatchers at UPS. Now we will get the chance to do the same, compare pay parity with UPS's mechs. Again nice try...

Reactions: 1 person
It's not called repeating when you are stating the facts.

AMFA did not defend the AS or UA outsourcing language. Thousands of jobs lost in the process. UA even hit the workers with 1113e pay and benefit cuts. Good job AMFA.

NW AMFA got their ass handed to them and ended up accepting supervisors on the system seniority list as well as unlimited outsourcing. Good job AMFA.

You keep saying agreed to. Yep we agreed to limiting outsourcing to 35% of all direct lab and material spend. If that language was in place at Southwest you have to reduce outsourcing by $300M dollars. Back out $60M for overhead and that equates to close to 2,000 jobs in house at Southwest doing airframe overhaul, components, and engines. Yep that's right. TWU language would ADD 2,000 AMT jobs while you AMFA guys brag about one line or 100 jobs. Your scope language sucks.

Sokol loves AMFA the enablers of more outsourcing of jobs to low wage MROs than any other union. Way to go professional negotiators.

Lies, lies and more lies!!! Man you are getting desperate as we get ever closer to the AMFA representational election day At AA.
It was the IAM that gave away maint at UAL read the dates, AMFA had to represent what they were left with when they took over. JUST LIKE HERE AT SWA WHEN THE teamsters WERE FIRED, AMFA had to take over the current contract that was left behind by the previous union, simple as that my friend. Still twisting I see. Keep repeating this lie as you have been to try to get more believers. Man your working hard now.

Reactions: 1 person
Bob,
Let's end the address conspiracy here. Have you ever seen a seniority list from another airline?

No I haven't. Thats usually confidential and the airlines simply do not hand them out. If you have a link to the SWA seniority list please post a link.

Let's look at what the TWU had managed to do in BK. We avoided pay cuts, we kept the majority of our work in-house, and we protected future work.

So the loss of the pension and huge increases to Medical arent paycuts? For the first 30 years I was told that those benefits were pay, the most important part. The fact is we already gave the paycuts prior to bankruptcy, we were already at the bottom, in fact we gave up so much outside of BK back in 2003 that carriers in BK had to go back and get more just to try and catch up to what we gave up outside of BK. UAL had a TA for a straight 13% cut in April of 2003, and prior to filing they were at the top of the industry, but it was rejected by the creditors because we gave 25% without going BK. We gave up Holiday pay, vacation and sick time. ending up with by far the worst contract in the industry. Sure our hourly wage may have been a few pennies higher but the lost vacation, Holidays and sick paid for it many times over.

We didnt protect future work, we allowed the company to outsource as long as they spend 65% in house. Just look at AFW and the planes that are now going to China and south of the border. (Where is that language keeping the outsourced work in the US that you have claimed is so important?) So AA could buy the parts and materials and ship the stuff to a 3P for installation. If the parts and materials cost more than the labor then they could outsource all of the OH labor. There is no limit on how much OH they cann outsource. The fact is that they didnt go for more outsourcing because they already have the ability to outsource more than they need to. capacity is tight for NB OH, and WB is much better off.

It is complete BS to compare a contract negotiated 9 years out of BK to AA's current BK and the wages we have now.

Wrong. BK abrogation is there to provide relief from onerous contracts, not to provide debtors an advantage over everyone else.Comparing to others is exactly what you do in BK. Our pilots, Flight attendants, fleet service clerks and other workers did not end up at bad off compared to their peers as we did.

So, getting back to BK, you say the judge doesnt care that all he wants to do is give the company whatever they want? And you are OK with that? Okay because it gives you an excuse to help the company get what they want or just OK because uit doesnt affect you? Do you think its right that a Judge can abrogate our contracts and force Unions in the airline industry to work under terms they didnt agree to? You think that by trying to raid WN thats its going to help us in the future when the Airlines can simply do the same thing again?

Oh, thats right, you dont believe in fighting, you believe in giving AA whatever they want and hoping that by working for less they will keep more people paying dues. The fact is that 99% of the labor movement rejects the arguement that its better to lower wages so employers can hire more workers. in fact that very same concepy is part of the Republican party platform.

Sokol loves AMFA the enablers of more outsourcing of jobs to low wage MROs than any other union. Way to go professional negotiators.

All this was set well over 28 years ago when the teamsters started all the outsoursing at SWA. That is easily followed and proven. AMFA is still working on all the holes that the teamsters left. You statement above just proves that all the outsoursing at SWA was started and allowed by the teamsters 28 year record here, not AMFA chief, keep trying though...

Lies, lies and more lies!!! Man you are getting desperate as we get ever closer to the AMFA representational election day At AA.
It was the IAM that gave away maint at UAL read the dates, AMFA had to represent what they were left with when they took over. JUST LIKE HERE AT SWA WHEN THE teamsters WERE FIRED, AMFA had to take over the current contract that was left behind by the previous union, simple as that my friend. Still twisting I see. Keep repeating this lie as you have been to try to get more believers. Man your working hard now.
Wrong. There was still airframe overhaul in SFO and AMFA did nothing to enforce the existing language. Also, AS closed the AS OAK overhaul base and AMFA did nothing. Check the dates again my brother. Your wrong.

Thank you. That is the point really isn't it. When AMFAis compared side by side to other unions on the same property they are dead last. When you compare what AMFA has done in BK proceedings at other airlines the story is disastrous. NW all but two stations gone and DL wanted nothing to do with AMFA. At UA they rolled and all airframe overhaul got outsourced and Delle even acknowledged that BK law was biased against labor. At AS AMFA didn't vene take on management when they shuttered the OAK overhaul base and defendthe scope language.

Now let's look at the TWU. We kept more work in house than any union during BK, and the members that listened to the Int'l like the Dispatchers and the Tech Specs kept their pay raises and holidays from the 2010 agreement and lost no jobs. Yep when TWU local presidents listen to the TWU attorneys and Int'l they come out on top. If we had gone your route of voting no and risking abrogation we would have lost almost 50% of our work to outsourcing and followed in AMFAs foot steps. Luckily our members started to wake up.

ROFLMAO!!! Overspin doesn't even realize what just happend. Nicely done sir. Let's see how long it takes him to figure it out. LOL, Just don't give it away.

I am looking forward to working with my Southwest M&R brothers and sisters to bring more work in house in the future. Time to dump the AMFA like UA. They woke up and realized AMFA is full of crap. Time to send AMFA back to Laconia.

Aint gonna happen.

Over 3200 AMFA members got pink slips under AMFA's watch in their first three years at UAL (2003-2006). This dismal job hemorrhaging duplicated their defeatist record at Northwest Airlines (NWA) where over 5000 members were laid off in the first four years after decertifying the IAM in 1999.

I urge all SWA AMTs to ask a fellow TWU member at SWA and they will find they get superior pay and benefits compared to what AMFA has done at SWA.

Why not just ask them to ask former TWU mechanics at WN how they did?

Delle even acknowledged that BK law was biased against labor

And we have COPE and AFL-CIO affiliation, so what are we doing about that? Still waiting for Little to even acknowledge that the law needs to be changed.

Like I said earlier today I'd much rather see the TWU, along with other AFL-CIO unions fix the BK laws and the NMB delay tactics. You chose to ignore all that and the questions I posed. Why is that OS?

You on the other hand will continue to promote your anti -union, pro -business "working for less is good for you" propaganda instead of doing something that may actually help us in the future.

Instead of getting together with other unions and fighting the law you would rather fight a Union that only has 5000 members. Is that what this is? Only can pick on someone smaller? Notice that we didnt go after the IBT, are you afraid of them, or have they promised you a position if they get in?

Wrong. There was still airframe overhaul in SFO and AMFA did nothing to enforce the existing language. Also, AS closed the AS OAK overhaul base and AMFA did nothing. Check the dates again my brother. Your wrong.

And why don't you post the gains that AMFA got during the negos while in BK to better help protect the maint and related at UAL San Fran station?? Very curious to this. This is also in writing as well as the dates and who let what go. It's in writing my friend. Maybe one of the AMFA campaign guys can post this proof. I don't have it on me, but it's there...

Why not just ask them to ask former TWU mechanics at WN how they did?

Like I said earlier today I'd much rather see the TWU, along with other AFL-CIO unions fix the BK laws and the NMB delay tactics. You chose to ignore all that and the questions I posed. Why is that OS?

He will only answer who, when and what he chooses. He has agame he likes to play. He doesn't really care about the industry or the craft, this is very obvious...

And why don't you post the gains that AMFA got during the negos while in BK to better help protect the maint and related at UAL San Fran station?? Very curious to this. This is also in writing as well as the dates and who let what go. It's in writing my friend. Maybe one of the AMFA campaign guys can post this proof. I don't have it on me, but it's there...
Okay. I would love to see it. It doesn't exist. AMFA has been at the helm of Mesaba in BK and they don't exist anymore. UA rolled on overhaul.

“‘The mechanics decided to take a different path, so we’ll have to see what happens,’ Prisco said. ‘The Teamsters aren’t very informed about MRO [Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul facilities] and what the changes have been for the last 20 years. Their basic position is all work should be done at the airlines. Well, that ain’t going to happen. That argument should have been made 20 years ago, when the outsourcing trend was starting’, he said.”

Holy crap an AMFA local president said that all work cannot be done by an airline in house?!?! That's a roll over on overhaul. The TWU is not rolling over on overhaul like AMFA.

NW is an epic fail.

So lets see how awesome AMFA has done in BK. I can't wait.

He will only answer who, when and what he chooses. He has agame he likes to play. He doesn't really care about the industry or the craft, this is very obvious...
Well when Bob admits his true intentions of bad mouthing the TWU while serving as an officer happens is okay then I will answer his question. He was an AMFA organizer before and he is one now but won't admit it why? Because he plays both sides of the fence.