TWU-IAM Finally Getting Ready for JCBA Negotiations

DallasConehead said:

Well.. I thought "Harry" was Bob's buddy.  Bob always talks him up over here.

Maybe he's setting hisself up for one of dem der int ter na sheonal po sit shions....
I'd still rather have Lombardo than Little. Was hoping that he would be a little more focused on our issues but still glad we don't have Little, Videtich, and Gless systematically and deliberately destroying our profession. 

Reactions: 1 person
Realityck said:
I know this is rather simplistic, but why doesn't someone ask the President of Local 591 (Peterson), who will be doing the actual AMT negotiations, Sean Doyle, or the AMT's on the Committee?
I get that the chair is only keeping things on track and organized. The Int'l chair doesn't control the committee. I know for certain they do and should express their opinions and enforce the bylaws. I am not comfortable with having a person that is not fully versed on AMT issues that are affecting us due to evolving FAA rules, SOC, and other technical and structural issues.

The committe owns the process regardless of how the past Presidents have tried to distance themselves from being responsible.

Bob Owens said:
I'd still rather have Lombardo than Little. Was hoping that he would be a little more focused on our issues but still glad we don't have Little, Videtich, and Gless systematically and deliberately destroying our profession.
I don't agree. He has been there for years with Little and was a political opportunist. He has been there all along and never opposed anything Little did. Where were his principles then?

The profession has been undermined by leadership that has refused to move forward and prepare for negotiations in a reasonable manner. The false promises and being disconnected with how BK law, RLA is currently being interpreted, the economic realities at hand, and other political and social perceptions of unions as a whole is what has led to labored undoing and weak position. Little, Don, and Gless may not have been perfect but by following the locals advice in their videos and letters we are worse off than had we followed the Int'l reps advice and voted yes on the 2010 TA.

Truth be told, 591 has no plan to better our profession. The only actions that have been taken is to attack everything that may have already gotten us to the table. It's the same set of tactics that have been in place since negotiations started in 2008. Seven years later we are still going backwards.

Time for new leadership. Knapp and Rojas for President and VP. They are getting it done in MIA. They can get it done in JCBA.

Reactions: 2 people
Overspeed said:
Time for new leadership. Knapp and Rojas for President and VP. They are getting it done in MIA. They can get it done in JCBA.

Agreed....

This is from the Desk of the TWU Local 514 Dale Danker reporting to the membership...

Seniority blending between the TWU and the IAM is going well, we here in Tulsa created a list that would blend in a ratio format keeping the seniority displacement to a minimum.

Are the two unions not going to Dove Tail ?

The agreement was dovetail.

But there are no different Title groups at PMUS, so that is probably where the issue lies.

700UW said:

But there are no different Title groups at PMUS, so that is probably where the issue lies.
Is there a Facilities Maintenance group? Or better yet please explain what the Mechanic group at USAir has in it.

ARTICLE 4.
2 CLASSIFICATION AND WORK REQUIREMENTS
Inspector​
Lead Mechanic​
[SIZE=10pt]Mechanic[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=10pt]Interior Mechanic[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=10pt]Lead Stock Clerk[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=10pt]Stock Clerk[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=10pt]Lead Utilityman[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=10pt]Utilityman[/SIZE]​

The major issue that is upsetting is the adjustments of seniority if there are more than one individuals in the same title group with the same date of hire. The MOU that was agreed upon by the idiots not the members, is similar dates will be determined by the last 4 digits of your social security number instead of ones age. Totally ridiculous. Age should always be the tie breaker. Never ever heard of using S/S numbers until now. Another Association first.

Buck said:
This is from the Desk of the TWU Local 514 Dale Danker reporting to the membership...

Seniority blending between the TWU and the IAM is going well, we here in Tulsa created a list that would blend in a ratio format keeping the seniority displacement to a minimum.

Are the two unions not going to Dove Tail ?

700UW said:

MetalMover said:
The original agreement was dove-tail by classification entry date. If what Buck posted is true and they will in fact do a blend of ratio format to keep the bumping to a minimum is NOT dove tailing.  When you start this magical "blend by ratio format" you can actually have more than just one person thrown in front of you when placed on the list. Just ask the pilots, they did it in a "blend of ratio format".  VERY different than dove tail.  Dove tail is one person for one person by DOC and if two are tied it should be settled by DOH then age, NOT SSN.  Sounds to me like changes are already being made by this association.  You guys better hope you get to vote on this alliance BS.  These are only small examples on what you guys can expect from this TWU/IAM association...

What is interesting is that they are going ahead with this BEFORE the NMB has ruled.
BTW, I wouldn't be surprised if the NMB finally issues its ruling right around the time SOC goes into effect.

Latest posts