TWU-IAM Finally Getting Ready for JCBA Negotiations

No matter what happens there has to be a seniority agreement, so both unions already agreed upon it.

Its a total separate issue than the Association ruling.

MetalMover said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the NMB finally issues its ruling right around the time SOC goes into effect.

Yep, that would be quite the coincidence!

Wonder what other shenanigans will happen around that time too?

Buck said:
Message From Dale Danker March 27, 2015  President TWU Local 514

http://twu514.org/blog/2015/03/27/from-the-presidents-desk/?upm_export=pdf
Ygbfkm?

"We will be handing out some New TWU 514 Hats. One per member and you must be present to receive your hat. Also if you have not received your knife set, we still have it for you! Your attendance is required."

Are those the knives they have handed out to all members to be used to stab each other in the back over the years.

Only the IAM could be worse.

Nothing says solidarity like a hat and a knife set.

You guys are ducked until you rid yourself of them and the iam.

Reactions: 10 people
As I walk the floor and visit with members, I understand that a lot of you do not attend meetings because it is perceived to be a 2-3 hour long gripe session. I assure you that the officers and I have committed to making the meetings as short as possible. Lately the meetings have only lasted an hour. It is our desire to get you the important information so you can be in and out and on your way.
Please attend
Dale
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laughable dude! Haven't figured out why it's a gripe session? Here's a clue.

OUR UNION SUCKS!

Reactions: 3 people
DUH...Why is it a "Gripe Session".....The Union Sucks!!!!  Ditto here on the US side......Idiots still have their heads in the sand!!!

AP Tech said:
DUH...Why is it a "Gripe Session".....The Union Sucks!!!!  Ditto here on the US side......Idiots still have their heads in the sand!!!
We live in the past.
We're afraid of the future.
And we're too old to change.
But don't worry.  They tell me everything is going to be OK going forward.

Real tired said:
We live in the past.
We're afraid of the future.
And we're too old to change.
But don't worry.  They tell me everything is going to be OK going forward.

"We live in the past...."...True sometimes...there's is nothing wrong with looking at the past and remembering what we once had and why we got into the airline industry. But the past is also very telling...It reminds us how we have been                                           continually screwed under the auspices of the TWU.

"We're afraid of the future....." Damn right we are because the TWU is still on the property and joining forces with another loser union...the IAM.

"And we're too old to change......." Depends what the change is. Change can be good...But I ask you...how has it worked out for us thus fur with the TWU at the helm?

"But don't worry. They tell me everything is going to be OK going forward"........With the TWU and/or IAM association?.......I doubt it....I hope I am wrong.. 

Glenn Quagmire said:
Ygbfkm?
"We will be handing out some New TWU 514 Hats. One per member and you must be present to receive your hat. Also if you have not received your knife set, we still have it for you! Your attendance is required."
Are those the knives they have handed out to all members to be used to stab each other in the back over the years.
Only the IAM could be worse.
Nothing says solidarity like a hat and a knife set.
You guys are ducked until you rid yourself of them and the iam.
Saw on a board a while back, the same knife set was selling on Amazon for about $15.00. Minus the engraving of course.

Over here at LUS we had our chance for a change, good or bad, who knows how it would have turned out....here we sit status quo....as usual!!!!  Come SOC in April the company will throw some cold pizza and cake at the members and most will be happy....Me, well show me some money!!!

Reactions: 9 people
AP Tech said:
Over here at LUS we had our chance for a change, good or bad, who knows how it would have turned out....here we sit status quo....as usual!!!!  Come SOC in April the company will throw some cold pizza and cake at the members and most will be happy....Me, well show me some money!!!
They showed everyone else the money.  They show us nothing but disrespect.  The only people surprised are the union officials.

Reactions: 4 people
Rogallo said:
As I walk the floor and visit with members, I understand that a lot of you do not attend meetings because it is perceived to be a 2-3 hour long gripe session. I assure you that the officers and I have committed to making the meetings as short as possible. Lately the meetings have only lasted an hour. It is our desire to get you the important information so you can be in and out and on your way.
Please attend
Dale
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laughable dude! Haven't figured out why it's a gripe session? Here's a clue.

OUR UNION SUCKS!
I can honestly say I have attended meetings at 514 and I did not perceive them as gripe sessions.

I did perceive they were more interested in talking about charities the UNION was going to fund than UNION business though. 

Buck said:
Message From Dale Danker March 27, 2015  President TWU Local 514

http://twu514.org/blog/2015/03/27/from-the-presidents-desk/?upm_export=pdf
Just gotta love how they are so nonchalant about that this alliance/association is a done deal.  I am telling you guys, something is up, and it will not be good when it comes ti light.  Notice that the nego comte members are "chosen" not "voted in" by the membership.  Still using the old good ole boy program I see...

swamt said:
Just gotta love how they are so nonchalant about that this alliance/association is a done deal.  I am telling you guys, something is up, and it will not be good when it comes ti light.  Notice that the nego comte members are "chosen" not "voted in" by the membership.  Still using the old good ole boy program I see...

The TWU Committee Members are Local Presidents/Officers