TWU-IAM Finally Getting Ready for JCBA Negotiations

Realityck said:
The TWU Committee Members are Local Presidents/Officers
I don't believe Doyle is a elected president or officer. Nor is he even title 1. Yet he chairs the title 1 commitee! Lets tell the WHOLE truth, not just the PARTS of the truth that are CONVENIENT.

Reactions: 6 people
toroshark said:
I don't believe Doyle is a elected president or officer. Nor is he even title 1. Yet he chairs the title 1 commitee! Lets tell the WHOLE truth, not just the PARTS of the truth that are CONVENIENT.

I read that Doyle is Chairman but I don’t know why. Maybe Peterson or one of the other Maintenance Representatives on the Negotiating Committee can explain that, or what role he's going to play in the negotiating process?

Reactions: 1 person
It is the whole structure of the TWU and it's International. The International is in control. If we were to thoroughly read through the Constitution and the By-Laws and the structure of the Constitutional Convention where these appointments are made by delegate vote, I believe...  In other words We granted his appointment.

Sean Doyle was president of Local 512 until he was chosen and ascended to his current International VP position!

I for one am outraged that he chairs our Title I committee but this is typical of what goes on in this "Union" and am somewhat surprised the three Title I presidents are not up in arms over this. I also believe he is there to make sure Title I doesn't get more than any other group even though we are farther behind in the industry than they are.

Reactions: 6 people
Realityck said:
I read that Doyle is Chairman but I don’t know why. Maybe Peterson or one of the other Maintenance Representatives on the Negotiating Committee can explain that, or what role he's going to play in the negotiating process?

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”

― Mark Twain

Reactions: 3 people
2ndGENAMT said:
Sean Doyle was president of Local 512 until he was chosen and ascended to his current International VP position!

I for one am outraged that he chairs our Title I committee but this is typical of what goes on in this "Union" and am somewhat surprised the three Title I presidents are not up in arms over this. I also believe he is there to make sure Title I doesn't get more than any other group even though we are farther behind in the industry than they are.

Yup, gotta keep Title I in check!!

Reactions: 2 people
Buck,
It's not the structure entirely. No union structure is perfect however the TWU has performed better over the years than most. We did not lose all our most of our overhaul like our fellow mechanics at NWA, UA, and DL. While ours has shrunk it is nowhere near as small as those airlines and never will be unless we concede more. AMR lawyers were asking to get the ability to outsource like UA, DL, and SW and the TWU was able to prevent the carnage they were asking for.

Remember the chair doesn't have a vote. Regardless of what others say, even if DV was cutting deals like they say. The local presidents just had to vote it down. The fact is that they all had votes and even in a straight up vote the TA made it out of committee. And like the 2010 TA and the first LBO the members got to vote and they voted it down. The last one passed marginally but it passed. We don't have to like it but that was how the vote went down.

Overspeed said:
Buck,
It's not the structure entirely. No union structure is perfect however the TWU has performed better over the years than most. We did not lose all our most of our overhaul like our fellow mechanics at NWA, UA, and DL. While ours has shrunk it is nowhere near as small as those airlines and never will be unless we concede more. AMR lawyers were asking to get the ability to outsource like UA, DL, and SW and the TWU was able to prevent the carnage they were asking for.

Remember the chair doesn't have a vote. Regardless of what others say, even if DV was cutting deals like they say. The local presidents just had to vote it down. The fact is that they all had votes and even in a straight up vote the TA made it out of committee. And like the 2010 TA and the first LBO the members got to vote and they voted it down. The last one passed marginally but it passed. We don't have to like it but that was how the vote went down.
My first response is American's Bankruptcy was not the same as the airlines you quoted.....

YOu know as well as I that the TWU, it's International and the AFL-CIO is a Social organization, that is soft as I can put it. The whole goal is to create full employment no matter the individual or group ( the mechanics in this case ) cost.Even here at the TUL base, when the non - A&P's were though negotiations a premium similar to the A&P tickets the aircraft mechanic holds. I am not bashing the man, but why were these premiums that the non - A&P hold not granted before? The entire philosophy of an organization like the TWU, it's International and the AFL-CIO is to ignore the skill at the behest of dues.

Overspeed said:
Buck,

"the TWU has performed better over the years than most"???  Really? You really think this?? You have got to be kidding us???  The TWU has been FAILING for the past 30 plus years at AA.  Where the he!! you been?  The TWU has allowed lay-offs, disruptions, displacements, fired, or loss of jobs for the last 30 years plus. They have in fact had more disruptions to employees as a whole than any other union and airline out there.  Sure AA has recalled employees but they were recalled at a much less pay and bennies than ALL the other airlines out there.  AA and the TWU both agree to lower pay and bennies to allow to keep more employees retained.  I would much rather be able to return at a higher rate of pay than the way the TWU like to look at this.  AA was allowed to do both by the TWU. They took the jobs, they took the pay, they took the bennies, they took the pensions, they took the retirement, they took the vac, sick, and many many other premiums in order to "save jobs" then they took the rest at a later date. AA said they needed the pay and benny cuts in order to avoid BK and they would allow you guys to keep the pensions, only to later freeze pensions and get all of of what they wanted originally.  Hook, line and sinker, your wonderful TWU just agreed and sold it to the membership.  The TWU is trying so hard to work with the company again and sell this BS alliance/association to the membership.  You really need to wake up and get a clue.  The 2 unions trying to get this association thru are the 2 absolutely worst industrial unions out there.  Get a clue man...

Reactions: 9 people
swamt said:
"the TWU has performed better over the years than most"???  Really? You really think this?? You have got to be kidding us???  The TWU has been FAILING for the past 30 plus years at AA.  Where the he!! you been?  The TWU has allowed lay-offs, disruptions, displacements, fired, or loss of jobs for the last 30 years plus. They have in fact had more disruptions to employees as a whole than any other union and airline out there.  Sure AA has recalled employees but they were recalled at a much less pay and bennies than ALL the other airlines out there.  AA and the TWU both agree to lower pay and bennies to allow to keep more employees retained.  I would much rather be able to return at a higher rate of pay than the way the TWU like to look at this.  AA was allowed to do both by the TWU. They took the jobs, they took the pay, they took the bennies, they took the pensions, they took the retirement, they took the vac, sick, and many many other premiums in order to "save jobs" then they took the rest at a later date. AA said they needed the pay and benny cuts in order to avoid BK and they would allow you guys to keep the pensions, only to later freeze pensions and get all of of what they wanted originally.  Hook, line and sinker, your wonderful TWU just agreed and sold it to the membership.  The TWU is trying so hard to work with the company again and sell this BS alliance/association to the membership.  You really need to wake up and get a clue.  The 2 unions trying to get this association thru are the 2 absolutely worst industrial unions out there.  Get a clue man...
Stop being so truthful the UNION HATES that.

swamt said:
AA and the TWU both agree to lower pay and bennies to allow to keep more employees retained.  
Always a losing strategy. 

Reactions: 5 people
Why the hell is that the Pilots and Flight Attendants have JCBA's in place and the TWU is still "preparing" for "discussions"? Is it just me or has this "alliance" caused major delay and made the process more difficult?

Reactions: 11 people
TWU informer said:
Why the hell is that the Pilots and Flight Attendants have JCBA's in place and the TWU is still "preparing" for "discussions"? Is it just me or has this "alliance" caused major delay and made the process more difficult?
Those groups have balls that's why.

Reactions: 8 people
TWU informer said:
Their Unions work *for* the benefit of their respective memberships.Our union views us as a commodity to be exploited.

Reactions: 8 people
TWU informer said:

"Bricks in the backpack" sums it up pretty good!

Reactions: 4 people